IGNORED

Intellivision Purchases and Deals

It turned out pretty well! The rest should be easy ;-)

One of the last 7 is Chess :D The others are Jetsons, Mountain Madness, Learning Fun I and II, World Series Baseball and Triple Challenge. So it will take a while and a lot of money, but Spiker was the biggest fish, so it feels like finish line. I leave Chess for the 125, because I want to complete my collection fast and dont look years for a Triple Challenge ^^

Does anyone put any stock in this site's price guide:

http://www.rarityguide.com/

I used to, now I use it as a very rough gauge for a directional indicator; i.e. fairly common value, moderate value, or fairly high value. Other than that, the dollar amounts are very outdated with some being higher and many being lower.

Troy

Does anyone put any stock in this site's price guide:

http://www.rarityguide.com/

As already mentioned, for VERY coarse estimation, sure. The problem is that for stuff that rarely sells, you can get hilarious results. Like say a pretty common game that we all know is worth little, but in the past week only some idiot Amazon seller has had it for $50. Well, that site will faithfully say $50.

Price guides based on "for sale" prices (as opposed to "actually sold" prices) are never accurate, especially in this day & age where random Joe can sit on merchandise for months or even years. When everything was via a retail store, at least you had an idea if it was in the ballpark - they had to set prices somewhere close to reality.

Yeah, the overall scarcity of Aquarius games has kept me from diving into collecting for it. I have a loose console with mini expander and around 6-7 CIB games. I also have the older Aquaricart (bigger shell) and the memory cart with sweet green LED. I'd love a decent boxed console, but I'll probably hold off collecting until the homebrew scene takes off.

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

Welp, I finally made the jump into Aquarius. 3 games (Snafu, Astrosmash, and Treasure of Tarmin) and a mini expander, all boxed and complete for $15. The game boxes are in middling shape, but the mini expander is pretty decent. Now I just have to find a goddamn computer. I've always avoided this one due to stupid high prices around me, but what the heck.

The last time I saw an Aquarius cart in the wild had to be 15 years ago. At the time I had no idea wtf it was for (pretty sure it was a memory expander, which wouldn't trigger a connection with any particular computer). Wish like hell I had picked it up given how rare this stuff seems to be.

Edited by freeweed