IGNORED

Intellivision Purchases and Deals

After seeing so many good deals snagged by others, finally crashed the party and picked up a great deal... on eBay no less. AU $30 from an Aussie seller. Complete, and even includes a service sticker from the original retailer.

I was wondering who got that. I only saw it as a completed listing.

Congrats

• 2 weeks later...

can anyone tell me if this is a good deal or not?

I got an Intellivision 2 console (cib) with an Intellivoice (also cib) and 4 cib games (burgertime, space armada, b-17 bomber, and bomb squad). With shipping it came out to about $42.

Thanks.

Great avatar by the way! I'm surprised someone else here hasn't used that yet. :)

As for your purchase I'd say that's a solid price assuming everything works. The games are all pretty common but I think you made out well.

hahaha.... thanks man. Yea, im surprised that i havent seen it anywhere else yet. Gotta love the company that gave us Intellivision and the Hoverboard!

Yep, everything works fine. And also in good shape. I think the intellivoice was never used.

By the way, if there was one intv game that is a MUST HAVE for any collection, what would you say it is?

hahaha.... thanks man. Yea, im surprised that i havent seen it anywhere else yet. Gotta love the company that gave us Intellivision and the Hoverboard!

Yep, everything works fine. And also in good shape. I think the intellivoice was never used.

By the way, if there was one intv game that is a MUST HAVE for any collection, what would you say it is?

Hmmm. You're gonna get a bunch of different responses to this one so I'll just start throwing some of them out here. In no particular order.....

Lock'n'chase, AD&D Cloudy Mountain, Utopia, Nightstalker, Shark! Shark!, Snafu, Triple Action, Tron Deadly Discs, Astrosmash, AD&D Tarmin, Bump'n'Jump, Burgertime, He Man, Chip Shot, Commando, Dig Dug, Diner, Mountain Madness, Slam Dunk, Slap Shot, Stadium Mud Buggies, Super Pro Decathlon, Super Pro Football, Thin Ice, Thunder Castle, Tower of Doom, World Championship Baseball, Beamrider, Pitfall, Rover Raid, Dreadnaught Factor, Worm Whomper, Pac Man, DK Jr, Atlantis, Beauty & the Beast, Demon Attack, Dracula, Dragonfire, Ice Trek, Microsurgeon, Swords & Serpents, Tropical Trouble, White Water, Popeye, Qbert, Super Conra, and Tutankham. Just some of my favs off the top off my head.

Hmmmm.....pretty sure that's more than one.

i already got the ones on jason's list, and i would have to say i agree with him.... keep em coming jason, much appreciated....

cmart's list, on the other hand, will take me a bit of time.... i think i have about 12 from that list....

on a side note, im pretty excited for space c*nt and magic carousel to be released (hopefully)......

Then, I will add (second the notion of):

World Championship Baseball

Utopia

Triple Action

Beauty & the Beast

Demon Attack

AD&D (both games)

Tron Deadly Discs

Later, I can suggest more of the pricey gems, although Cmart was spot on with Super Conra and Rover Raid. I'd also add Robot Rumble and Worm Whimper :)

thanks for the info jason.... i have to admit that some of these games have awesome titiles.... the games today just dont match the charm that old school games have....

i mean, come on..... "worm whomper".... too freakin awesome..... :thumbsup:

Edited by ArcadeJunkie

thanks for the info jason.... i have to admit that some of these games have awesome titiles.... the games today just dont match the charm that old school games have....

i mean, come on..... "worm whimper".... too freakin awesome..... :thumbsup:

Worm Whomper is so much my favorite game, I seem to have acquired an addiction to collecting and playing it.

My advice.......Love it, but don't "love" it ;-)

Worm Whompers

I would live to see a new homebrew tron game.... maybe "space paranoids" or something....

Not sure if you have seen this or not, but it's a must have:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/217992-official-thread-for-tron-complete-for-intellivision-sold-out/

There was a pre-order (interest shown, but no money taken yet), and it's sold out (all copies spoken for), but if interested your best shot is to post in the thread asking to be put on the back-order list. If any extras are made or if someone backs out when it's time to pay, Rev will likely go to those on the back-order list first before opening them up to everyone.

Just got a new deal... think I did pretty well...

Ice trek, safecracker, shark! Shark!, frog bog, tron solar sailer, sub hunt, bump & jump, loco motion, astro smash.... $20 total....

Carts only, but in fairly good shape.... did I do good?

If English class, no, you did not.