IGNORED

Sealed Stadium Events

BDW

According to the auction text, there is one OTHER sealed copy of this game known. Probaly in the hands of a collector somewhere. But he indicated that he has been told privately that his copy is in better condition. Based on the pics, I'd say yes. :)

The guy selling it also seems like a good and honest seller. Answering questions, has good pics, free shipping, protecting himself by sending FedEx with signature confirmation, and blocking zero feedback bidders unless you e-mail.

I seem to recall saying shortly after the mother sold her NES copy of this game a lot of people were going to check their games to see if they might have this. This guy was motivated to do so. :D

Never dreamed a SEALED copy would turn up, though! :lust:

BTW, anyone heard of that store? I've lived in the northeast all my life. :)

I said eariler this will easily break 25k and might just hit 50k. With so much time left, I'd love to be right. :twisted:

According to the auction text, there is one OTHER sealed copy of this game known. Probaly in the hands of a collector somewhere. But he indicated that he has been told privately that his copy is in better condition. Based on the pics, I'd say yes. :)

Not sure if this is allowed, but it doesn't seem that harmful. You'll find the person with the other sealed Stadium Events on NintendoAge under the name Bronty. He largely collects sealed games apparently and is easily one of the coolest guys I've ever seen. Seriously, sealed games? That's ridiculous man. :cool:

BTW, anyone heard of that store? I've lived in the northeast all my life. :)

It's largely believed that Woolsworth was the major retailer that carried Stadium Events. Copies have been found in one or two other places but Woolsworth is the name that comes up the most.

Edited by Koopa64

It's largely believed that Woolsworth was the major retailer that carried Stadium Events. Copies have been found in one or two other places but Woolsworth is the name that comes up the most.

I used to live near a Woolsworth in Pennsylvania! What a crazy game, it's unreal how few are out there for an official release even though I know it was called back. Still, it seems more would be out there...hidden Woolsworth backstock in a warehouse somewhere?

The central PA area I was in was packed with video games at yard sales and flea markets. Awesome place to be for games. :thumbsup:

Edited by SpendTooMuchOnAtari

This CIB one from the Netherlands was a real bargain then for only $1500.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2804651102901?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=280465110290&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

This one is PAL Zwackery. PAL copies are much, much more common. It would be like comparing the PAL BMX Airmaster with the NTSC one.

Wow, PAL and NTSC carts have difference in rarity? Holy cow. :roll:

Is the box and/or manual for a PAL copy different from an NTSC one? I mean Stadium Events. I understand the cart is rare. So if one might find a loose cart, marry it a PAL box & manual, and a complete NTSC copy can be put up for megabucks.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2804651102901?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=280465110290&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

This one is PAL Zwackery. PAL copies are much, much more common. It would be like comparing the PAL BMX Airmaster with the NTSC one.

Is the box and/or manual for a PAL copy different from an NTSC one? I mean Stadium Events. I understand the cart is rare. So if one might find a loose cart, marry it a PAL box & manual, and a complete NTSC copy can be put up for megabucks.

Yes, the PAL box is also different. By the way thanks for giving me undeserved attitude for no freaking reason. :|

• Like 3

Yes, the PAL box is also different. By the way thanks for giving me undeserved attitude for no freaking reason. :|

I have every reason to give you attitude because it reflects how little I think about you and what you write. I'm content to let you post your cerebral disgorgements on AA, I just ignore it and hope that the threads will die (hey, didn't you give that advice in the Spitfire Attack thread?), and I don't comment on your musings. If you would extend me the same "look the other way and keep moving" attitude, I would appreciate it. :|

• Like 2