IGNORED

Sealed Stadium Events

BDW

I kind of like the guy selling a $50 Brazilian 2600 knockoff for a million dollars. eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3703074424011?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=370307442401&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] He was pretty much a jerk to me when I asked him why it was worth that much.

I found two online for around $50 (my Portuguese is a little rusty but I believe that is the price)

I thought I was rather polite considering you spammed my inbox 4 times with the same question over and over which is already answered in big bright red letters right in the description.

I sent you two messages. 1) My original question and 2) a followup after your response. If you got more than 2 it's eBay glitching or you are thinking of someone else. And you were rude just like you are being now.

Edited by the-topdog

What really sucks is how a bunch of tools probably screwed this persons auction up. I really do have a bunch of hatred for a person that does this. If I was king I would put a person who screws with an auction as a person who does 40,000 in property damage. Meaning anyone who screws with an auction in my world would get about 5 years in prison, with hard labor. :x

Well, the thing is I really don't want to sell them, unless there's a chance that they go for a huge price on eBay with all the Stadium Events madness.

Do you remember what the loose and CIB ones went for? I'll send Rik a text and ask let you know what he thinks.

That's where the "wild fluctuation" comes in. I have seen them go anywhere from $250-$700 each CIB. If you use the general rule of thumb for handheld electronic games a CIB unit sells for 3 times the price of a loose unit and a NIB unit sells for 2 times (on up) the price of a CIB unit. My wild-a$$ guess would be that they would sell in the huge spectrum between $500-$1400 each... but confirm that with Rik.

I really don't want to sell them, but may test the waters with a $4k reserve. What's your guy feeling? Sell or no?

What really sucks is how a bunch of tools probably screwed this persons auction up. I really do have a bunch of hatred for a person that does this. If I was king I would put a person who screws with an auction as a person who does 40,000 in property damage. Meaning anyone who screws with an auction in my world would get about 5 years in prison, with hard labor. :x

Agreed, Every single person that bid only to retract that bid should have their account banned.

Double Bubble, baby! Yeah good score on the BMX Airmaster. I got it and it's NTSC and everything. Too bad the Z-Tack is PAL. I'm trying to decided whether to neg or neutral him for not answering my question about whether it was after I already bought it. It's my own dumb fault but what'd he think, I'd not notice when I got it? I dunno... but I've been making some sweet buys on eBay lately. Spike's Peak single ender for $24. Both Bernestein Bears and Smurfs Save the Day for $24. $12 each with manuals! I'll be posting the manuals soon for like $5 each.

But back on topic, this surely is a record setting price. I would love to see the collection of the winner.

TNT or Atari Red?

I really don't want to sell them, but may test the waters with a $4k reserve. What's your guy feeling? Sell or no?

If it were me, I'd hold onto them. The AdventureVision is a great unit and it is hard to find boxed or sealed units or sealed games. It is a great piece of history you have and it is good that a collector has them for preservation sake.

Damn right, send those bastards to the Gulag.

Well, the thing is I really don't want to sell them, unless there's a chance that they go for a huge price on eBay with all the Stadium Events madness.

Do you remember what the loose and CIB ones went for? I'll send Rik a text and ask let you know what he thinks.

That's where the "wild fluctuation" comes in. I have seen them go anywhere from $250-$700 each CIB. If you use the general rule of thumb for handheld electronic games a CIB unit sells for 3 times the price of a loose unit and a NIB unit sells for 2 times (on up) the price of a CIB unit. My wild-a$$ guess would be that they would sell in the huge spectrum between $500-$1400 each... but confirm that with Rik.

If you think you can get 4k then don't waste a second, sell it. I would think in an open market you could expect $500 or so perhaps $1000 if things got nuts. Most Adventurevision collectors are Atari collectors not Nintendo collectors. I can't see what happens with NES Stadium Events affecting Adventurvision prices unless the seller of a 40k game happens to want to buy some Adenturevision games.

• Like 1

If you think you can get 4k then don't waste a second, sell it. I would think in an open market you could expect $500 or so perhaps $1000 if things got nuts. Most Adventurevision collectors are Atari collectors not Nintendo collectors. I can't see what happens with NES Stadium Events affecting Adventurvision prices unless the seller of a 40k game happens to want to buy some Adenturevision games.

Yep, and this is why Atari 2600 collectors rock over NES collectors. We appreciate other systems! :D :cool:

• Like 1

Yep, and this is why Atari 2600 collectors rock over NES collectors. We appreciate other systems! :D :cool:

I think they apprecaite some other systems like the PS1 (expect to see some record breaking prices on that system in the future as well) just not anything from BEFORE the NES.

• Like 1

I think they apprecaite some other systems like the PS1 (expect to see some record breaking prices on that system in the future as well) just not anything from BEFORE the NES.

Nah, I can't see that. For NES fans PS1 would be the enemy. It would be like Michigan fan rooting for Ohio State. Or a Boston Red Sox fan rooting for the Yankees.

Nah, I can't see that. For NES fans PS1 would be the enemy. It would be like Michigan fan rooting for Ohio State. Or a Boston Red Sox fan rooting for the Yankees.

Give it another 4 or 5 years and you will see it happen, like it or not.

Give it another 4 or 5 years and you will see it happen, like it or not.

Maybe Xbox 360 owners will collect either system, but have you seen some of the battles between Playstation 3 gamers, and Nintendo Wii players? Most people who have a Playstation 3 despise the very existence of the Nintendo Wii, and think it is a step back in gaming. Most Nintendo Wii owners see the Playstation 3 as stuck on the graphics, with almost no good games. In fact if Nintendo Wii owners are going to have a second system it is almost always a Xbox 360. So with this much hatred for each other why would most cross collect?

Now will there be unbelievable prices for the PS1? Sure why not, but this is going to come from the core gamers that have been Playstation gamers their whole lives.

The other CIB copy of the game is ending in about 10 hours. There's still no bids on it, which is surprising to me. True, the opening bid id $9000, but history indicates the game is worth that.

The seller also just uploaded a video where he talked about the game and showed it in perfect quality. It's a really funny video also. :D

Very cool that photos of his game are going to show up in a magazine article soon.

I only suggested $4k so they game won't sell. I don't want to sell either Adventurevision game, I just want to see what two sealed AV games go for. The only way to really do it is through eBay. I could put an insane reserve, and if it sells, then I get a better car for the Summer. :)

The other CIB copy of the game is ending in about 10 hours. There's still no bids on it, which is surprising to me. True, the opening bid id $9000, but history indicates the game is worth that.

The seller also just uploaded a video where he talked about the game and showed it in perfect quality. It's a really funny video also. :D

Very cool that photos of his game are going to show up in a magazine article soon.

What are you talking about? The other copy in question has 23 bids and it's up to $13,100 USD. You must be thinking of another item.

I'm sorry, but your logic completely eludes me. Just because one very specific NES game is selling for temporarily insane amounts has nothing to do with the value of your Adventurevision games. It's not like everyone is going to suddenly think, "gosh, Stadium Events is worth tons, let me buy up Adventurevision games!". There are only a handful of Adventurevision collectors and many more of us who might collect it if it was more available and cheaper. I suspect you could get a decent return on your investment in the two Adventurevision carts, but it isn't gonna be enough to retire on and I doubt you will break more than a grand for the pair, especially since you don't have a system to go with it and they aren't exactly common. While this particular NES game has made it seem as though the video game market is red hot, the reality is that I have gotten some of the best bargains on Ebay and forums for rare stuff in the past year as a result of the economy and people just getting out of collecting for various reasons.

• Like 1

I collect CDs to listen to them.

I collect DVDs to watch them.

I collect comic books to read them.

I collect toys to open them, remove them from the package, and use them to decorate my house.

I collect video games to play them. Shrinkwrap is the devil's prophylactic.

i collect woman to annoy them

That's where the "wild fluctuation" comes in. I have seen them go anywhere from $250-$700 each CIB. If you use the general rule of thumb for handheld electronic games a CIB unit sells for 3 times the price of a loose unit and a NIB unit sells for 2 times (on up) the price of a CIB unit. My wild-a$ guess would be that they would sell in the huge spectrum between $500-$1400 each... but confirm that with Rik.

what ps1 game would ever be worth that much????