IGNORED

Sealed Stadium Events

BDW

Well, the thing is I really don't want to sell them, unless there's a chance that they go for a huge price on eBay with all the Stadium Events madness.

Do you remember what the loose and CIB ones went for? I'll send Rik a text and ask let you know what he thinks.

That's where the "wild fluctuation" comes in. I have seen them go anywhere from $250-$700 each CIB. If you use the general rule of thumb for handheld electronic games a CIB unit sells for 3 times the price of a loose unit and a NIB unit sells for 2 times (on up) the price of a CIB unit. My wild-a$ guess would be that they would sell in the huge spectrum between $500-$1400 each... but confirm that with Rik.

I really don't want to sell them, but may test the waters with a $4k reserve. What's your guy feeling? Sell or no?

If you think you can get 4k then don't waste a second, sell it. I would think in an open market you could expect $500 or so perhaps $1000 if things got nuts. Most Adventurevision collectors are Atari collectors not Nintendo collectors. I can't see what happens with NES Stadium Events affecting Adventurvision prices unless the seller of a 40k game happens to want to buy some Adenturevision games.

Yep, and this is why Atari 2600 collectors rock over NES collectors. We appreciate other systems! :D :cool:

I think they apprecaite some other systems like the PS1 (expect to see some record breaking prices on that system in the future as well) just not anything from BEFORE the NES.

Nah, I can't see that. For NES fans PS1 would be the enemy. It would be like Michigan fan rooting for Ohio State. Or a Boston Red Sox fan rooting for the Yankees.

what ps1 game would ever be worth that much????

Elemental Gearbolt, Assasin's case has broke 3k . I think the last 3 were 2k,2.5k, and 3k and change. That's a PS1 game. Nothing near a SE, but hell PS is still relatively young.

In another 10 years from now I can see a factory sealed FF7 going for big money. Endhander (sp) is another one that could see big numbers also.

EDIT: Intelligent Cube could see a big jump in price too. That game is pretty rare now factory sealed let alone a decade from now.

The guy that won now has 4 CIB Stadium Events...has nothing to do with why it did not break 10K...beggars can't be choosers on this game, there are just too many out there now and not enough buyers willing to pay.

FOUR CIB's Stadium Events? Where the hell does he get that kind of money?

And what would he need with four of them? Is he hoping they will reproduce or something? :P

The guy that won now has 4 CIB Stadium Events...has nothing to do with why it did not break 10K...beggars can't be choosers on this game, there are just too many out there now and not enough buyers willing to pay.

FOUR CIB's Stadium Events? Where the hell does he get that kind of money?

And what would he need with four of them? Is he hoping they will reproduce or something? :P

Investing I would think, trade bait for other stuff that people need? There's lot of people that collect multiples of games...

The other CIB copy of the game is ending in about 10 hours. There's still no bids on it, which is surprising to me. True, the opening bid id $9000, but history indicates the game is worth that.

The seller also just uploaded a video where he talked about the game and showed it in perfect quality. It's a really funny video also. :D

Very cool that photos of his game are going to show up in a magazine article soon.

What are you talking about? The other copy in question has 23 bids and it's up to $13,100 USD. You must be thinking of another item.

Now someone bid it over $100k. :? :? Making a mockery out of this sport.. :x

The other CIB copy of the game is ending in about 10 hours. There's still no bids on it, which is surprising to me. True, the opening bid id $9000, but history indicates the game is worth that.

The seller also just uploaded a video where he talked about the game and showed it in perfect quality. It's a really funny video also. :D

Very cool that photos of his game are going to show up in a magazine article soon.

What are you talking about? The other copy in question has 23 bids and it's up to $13,100 USD. You must be thinking of another item.

Now someone bid it over $100k. :? :? Making a mockery out of this sport.. :x

i just made a thread about it :D.......before you posted about it of course!

In another 10 years from now I can see a factory sealed FF7 going for big money. Endhander (sp) is another one that could see big numbers also.

EDIT: Intelligent Cube could see a big jump in price too. That game is pretty rare now factory sealed let alone a decade from now.

Well those are popular games but there are more sealed copies out there than there are loose Stadium Events. There must be hundreds if not thousands of sealed FF7s out there. Same with FF1 for NES. Too many exist keeping the price down. FF2 and FF3 are much rarer and might hit big numbers one day.

Well, the thing is I really don't want to sell them, unless there's a chance that they go for a huge price on eBay with all the Stadium Events madness.

Do you remember what the loose and CIB ones went for? I'll send Rik a text and ask let you know what he thinks.

That's where the "wild fluctuation" comes in. I have seen them go anywhere from $250-$700 each CIB. If you use the general rule of thumb for handheld electronic games a CIB unit sells for 3 times the price of a loose unit and a NIB unit sells for 2 times (on up) the price of a CIB unit. My wild-a$$ guess would be that they would sell in the huge spectrum between $500-$1400 each... but confirm that with Rik.

I really don't want to sell them, but may test the waters with a $4k reserve. What's your guy feeling? Sell or no?

If you think you can get 4k then don't waste a second, sell it. I would think in an open market you could expect $500 or so perhaps $1000 if things got nuts. Most Adventurevision collectors are Atari collectors not Nintendo collectors. I can't see what happens with NES Stadium Events affecting Adventurvision prices unless the seller of a 40k game happens to want to buy some Adenturevision games.

Yep, and this is why Atari 2600 collectors rock over NES collectors. We appreciate other systems! :D :cool:

I think they apprecaite some other systems like the PS1 (expect to see some record breaking prices on that system in the future as well) just not anything from BEFORE the NES.

Nah, I can't see that. For NES fans PS1 would be the enemy. It would be like Michigan fan rooting for Ohio State. Or a Boston Red Sox fan rooting for the Yankees.

"For NES fans PS1 would be the enemy."

Man you are a strange one.

lol

You are also wrong. Just as many Atari collectors also collect Intellivision or Colecovision or Vectrex many NES collectors collect PS1. Go hang out on the NES forums for a bit you will see plenty of PS1 postings. Or check out sellers of VGA NES games many also sell PS1 VGA games.

I can't say a PS1 game will sell for 40k but thousands well that has already happened. Sealed VGA copies have broken the 1k barrier already. Just like NES the rare ones are the early games that don't exist in great number sealed. Resident Evil etc.

That's where the "wild fluctuation" comes in. I have seen them go anywhere from $250-$700 each CIB. If you use the general rule of thumb for handheld electronic games a CIB unit sells for 3 times the price of a loose unit and a NIB unit sells for 2 times (on up) the price of a CIB unit. My wild-a$$ guess would be that they would sell in the huge spectrum between $500-$1400 each... but confirm that with Rik.

"For NES fans PS1 would be the enemy."

Man you are a strange one.

lol

You are also wrong. Just as many Atari collectors also collect Intellivision or Colecovision or Vectrex many NES collectors collect PS1. Go hang out on the NES forums for a bit you will see plenty of PS1 postings. Or check out sellers of VGA NES games many also sell PS1 VGA games.

I can't say a PS1 game will sell for 40k but thousands well that has already happened. Sealed VGA copies have broken the 1k barrier already. Just like NES the rare ones are the early games that don't exist in great number sealed. Resident Evil etc.

And again why does PS1 need NES bidders to be big? Really, I mean Playstation fanboys are big enough on their own. If the same pool of people spend the same amount of money on their respective systems as they would both systems, than this argument really is a moot point. The NES will succeed in either scenario, and the PS1 will succeed in either scenario. And since this is the case, all we are arguing over is semantics. So whatever.