IGNORED

Free Atari games at Taco Bell...

Everyone else has inspired me.

I picked up two brand new sets yesterday and I'm going to offer both of them to AA members outside the United States at no cost and I will pay the shipping.

PM me and I will pick two names from the group of people in 48 hours..... 8:00am Chicago time on Wednesday, March 17th, and I will airmail each set of 4 CD's the same day.

Good luck!

Bump!

BTW, this is just a suggestion if it's okay with Curt and the AA Community at large. I could create ISOs of these discs and host them on my Web site (or make .torrents of them to share) for those who live out of the country or whose Taco Bells aren't participating. Let me know if it's a "no" or a "go". It's just an idea.

GideonsDad

We (Legacy) would have nothing to do with deciding that, but I would strongly discourage that right now. It's an active promo, and something both Taco Bell and Atari are bound to get upset at. I think the best bet for overseas people is still the "kind AA members willing to pick up some and mail them out" thing that's been going on.

BTW, for anyone coming to MGC, we'll be happy to autograph them. As long as they're not being done just to throw up on ebay right after.

Dually noted. Not going to happen (at least for a very long time). Like I said, it was just a thought and I respect your, Atari's, and Taco Bell's rights and stake in the promotion. Thanks for the games Legacy!

GideonsDad

Okay everybody, I hate to say this, but I'm done. They're running out of discs - the Taco Bell in SW Aurora is out already, and Batavia is on their last case. So thanks everybody who asked. I'm holding back one set of spares in case something happens to any of the ones I put in the US Mail. Happy Playing!

I picked up two brand new sets yesterday and I'm going to offer both of them to AA members outside the United States at no cost and I will pay the shipping.

PM me and I will pick two names from the group of people in 48 hours..... 8:00am Chicago time on Wednesday, March 17th, and I will airmail each set of 4 CD's the same day.

Good luck!

Bump!

Less than 24 hours to go! Overseas people that want a set of discs .... PM me!

I visited another Taco Bell in Orlando FL today... ...asked if they had them or had heard anything about the promotion. As before, they looked at me like I'm from Mars. Does anyone know if this is a regional thing? Did it start on the West coast and work its way East? I'm really anxious to get these as they look like they're really well done. At least maybe it's a good sign that they're not saying, "Yeah, we had them for two weeks and now they're all gone...".

I could be me mistaken or I could have been "zoned out" playing Asteroids (Classic) but the score "rolled" as if it couldn't go into a 6-digit score. Has anyone else noticed this? Also in the Classic version he collision detection is a bit off, some of my shots go straight through some of the asteroids!

I was playing Centipede (Classic) and around 45,000 pts. the centipede just stopped coming, the "bug" that strafes the screen continued to go by and the "bug" that drops vertically and leaves mushrooms in its wake kept coming. I had to die before the centipede decided to return! Did anyone else experience this?

Also, although the packaging of Breakout says Super Breakout (as well as the disc) it is only called Breakout in the game, just something I noticed.

Don't mistake these for complaints, just observations, I really like and am enjoying these games, they took up most of my day and will probably take up my night!

GideonsDad

Edited by GideonsDad

I was playing Centipede (Classic) and around 45,000 pts. the centipede just stopped coming, the "bug" that strafes the screen continued to go by and the "bug" that drops vertically and leaves mushrooms in its wake kept coming. I had to die before the centipede decided to return! Did anyone else experience this?

That's an easter egg, if you let all the mushrooms come down and form, it spells out "infogrames sux"!

Just kidding, not sure what that's all about, but wouldn't that be a great easter egg?? :D

Picked up another set tonight, now everybody on my wish list is covered (you know who you are). :thumbsup:

Nathan

That's an easter egg, if you let all the mushrooms come down and form, it spells out "infogrames sux"!

Just kidding, not sure what that's all about, but wouldn't that be a great easter egg?? :D

Picked up another set tonight, now everybody on my wish list is covered (you know who you are). :thumbsup:

Nathan

LOL! I thought you were serious when I first read this :D

GideonsDad

Good luck!

Bump!

Less than 24 hours to go! Overseas people that want a set of discs .... PM me!

I am pleased to announce that our first winner went to a Marine in the US armed forces and the CD's went out today.

• Like 1

picked up a set yesterday before leaving town. The guy at the counter said the promotion hadn't started yet, but I called ahead and had another guy promise that he'd open them up and get me a set. I had debated on whether to open them or not, so I took the family out to Taco Bell tonight and got a second set. Now I have one set to keep sealed and one set to play. I was very happy with Centipede. I'll be playing the others in a little while...

I picked up mine a few days ago. I actually called around like 3 Taco Bells and no one had any idea wtf I was talking about.

Finally I said screw it and just went over to the one I've always went to while growing up. She had all of them except breakout (grr!) but I went

ahead and got the others for now. She kind of giggled and said she took some home for her kid to play and seemed joyous in explaining that bit. I just nod and smile :)

Haven't even had the chance to play them yet... I seen a youtube video but will be giving these a go shortly!

Now I'll have to get a spare set so I can have you guys sign them when I'm at MGC this coming weekend :)

I picked up all four today! I got one with a kid's meal and they charged 99 cents each for the other three. What I found out was, there are some Taco Bells that are combined with either a Pizza Hut, or a Kentucky Fried Chicken. Those sites are NOT participating in the promotion. I went to a Taco Bell that is JUST a Taco Bell and they had them. I was able to install no problem on my new computer (2.93GHz Intel Core i3 with 4Gb RAM; 64 bit Windows 7). I have an older computer hooked up to the TV that I was hoping to use, but it only has 256Mb RAM and not enough free for the install with Windows XP running. Is there a work-around for this?

Got mine today! I probably won't open them until I get another set...although the temptation is great.

For those of you using a Mac and want full screen, have you tried the "hold control while spinning the mouse wheel to zoom the screen" trick? There's an equivalent key combo too. And you can turn off the smoothing.

Thanks for the games, Curt and Marty!

For those of you using a Mac and want full screen, have you tried the "hold control while spinning the mouse wheel to zoom the screen" trick? There's an equivalent key combo too. And you can turn off the smoothing.

Yeah, I had been trying to do the Zoom in the Air app when I was told that you can't do that (well, you can, but it runs too slow). Someone mentioned the native Mac zoom, and it does work fine. Not totally ideal, but it certainly works. I didn't think of it since I rarely have a reason to use it.