IGNORED

Free Atari games at Taco Bell...

"Do you guys have the new Atari games?" Indicating poster on wall under kid's menu.

"Uh, yeah, but we haven't opened them yet."

"Could you, please I'd like one of each."

"Ummmmm.......(disappears-3 mins.) yeah, here you go..."

Huh? How is that 'stupid'? The manager spent three minutes going out of his way to help a customer...

How is it good restaurant management to advertise a promotion that you are not actively supporting or, wait for it, promoting... :ponder: It is a promotion, he should not have to "go out of his way" to supply the customer with a promotional item.

Hey, is your name printed in the production credits anywhere on the package or disc or is your name on screen at anytime? Did any doubting Thomas's ask to see your ID to match up the names?

Nope, Taco Bell wouldn't allow any credits listing, not even Atari management people. We just got the Legacy Engineering logo in there and that's it - though we will be putting up a page for it on our page with full credits, etc.

What, no Easter Eggs with your names or initials?

How is it good restaurant management to advertise a promotion that you are not actively supporting or, wait for it, promoting...

I'm just saying that if the manager hasn't had the opportunity to open some newly arrived boxes for a new promotion because he's busy, referring to him as 'stupid' is perhaps less than charitable.

• Like 1

How is it good restaurant management to advertise a promotion that you are not actively supporting or, wait for it, promoting...

I'm just saying that if the manager hasn't had the opportunity to open some newly arrived boxes for a new promotion because he's busy, referring to him as 'stupid' is perhaps less than charitable.

I would have to agree with that... :thumbsup:

Aaagh living in the wrong country!!

If anyone has some spares send me a pm please :(

Let me do one better. Who is living in the States and doesn't have a Taco Bell nearby, and who outside the US would like copies? I'll do US$5.50 (incl. postage) for a set within the US, and US$7.50 for a set outside the country. I'll take PMs for the next week, and pick up copies next Friday (my next payday).

Okay, I had two takers - anybody else? I can't guarantee how long the local TBs will have the CD-ROMS....

I would have to agree with that... :thumbsup:

you are both right, I'll drive over there tonight and apologize to him...

• Like 1

Hi there,

I got mine last night. I had to buy two kids meals to get all for games but I was okay with that.

I just finished playing Breakout a few minutes ago. Have any of you had the bricks reset on you while in a game? I was playing the enhanced difficult version when this happened. Cool!

Edited by DEBRO

We've grumbled a little bit (well some of us) about which Taco Bells do and don't have the CDs. I've had no trouble in Batavia, IL, but I was in Aurora this evening, and hit theirs on Lake Street, only 6 miles away (or about 9.6km for those that prefer ;) ) and they do not have and are not getting the CDs. Foo. But at least their staff was honest about it and didn't leave me at the counter waiting/wondering :)

Back to Batavia tomorrow.

This has probably been posted already, but Kudos to whomever (Curt, no doubt) who put the burned in "1 coin 1 play" on the asteroids screen!

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/158994-free-atari-games-at-taco-bell/page__st__140__p__1959224#entry1959224

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/158994-free-atari-games-at-taco-bell/page__st__160__p__1959787#entry1959787

The new Lunar lander is great.

Thanks!

They're definitely available in Colorado, I picked up my set... still have yet to try them on my Windows machine, my poor Mac Mini just doesn't have the horsepower to do them justice.

Worst case, it's nice artwork to peg to the wall. :)

I had to say Kids' Toys and they soon got it. I went and got another set for myself (got two sets outbound to non-US residents in the morning[delays, delays, delays!!!]).

Is it me or are these guys the key-word generation? You say Atari and they get The Stare and you have to hit the nail on the head to get recognition?

Everyone else has inspired me.

I picked up two brand new sets yesterday and I'm going to offer both of them to AA members outside the United States at no cost and I will pay the shipping.

PM me and I will pick two names from the group of people in 48 hours..... 8:00am Chicago time on Wednesday, March 17th, and I will airmail each set of 4 CD's the same day.

Good luck!

I know I am a little late to the party but I just called the local Taco Bell and they have the games (I hope they have all 4)! Woo-hoo! Thanks Curt!

GideonsDad

Got 3/4 No Centipede :sad: There is one more Taco Bell nearby I can hit to try for Centipede tomorrow (Yay!) Off to play!

BTW, this is just a suggestion if it's okay with Curt and the AA Community at large. I could create ISOs of these discs and host them on my Web site (or make .torrents of them to share) for those who live out of the country or whose Taco Bells aren't participating. Let me know if it's a "no" or a "go". It's just an idea.

GideonsDad

I'm thinking both Atari, Legacy Engineering, AND Taco Bell would care. Each has their own stake in it and you'd actually have to clear it with all three parties, because Taco Bell could claim that you're infringing upon their profits of their kids-meals because people would otherwise not get them potentially.

BTW, this is just a suggestion if it's okay with Curt and the AA Community at large. I could create ISOs of these discs and host them on my Web site (or make .torrents of them to share) for those who live out of the country or whose Taco Bells aren't participating. Let me know if it's a "no" or a "go". It's just an idea.

GideonsDad

We (Legacy) would have nothing to do with deciding that, but I would strongly discourage that right now. It's an active promo, and something both Taco Bell and Atari are bound to get upset at. I think the best bet for overseas people is still the "kind AA members willing to pick up some and mail them out" thing that's been going on.

BTW, for anyone coming to MGC, we'll be happy to autograph them. As long as they're not being done just to throw up on ebay right after.

Edited by wgungfu