Crashed before take off CHECK

Hit Tree on take off CHECK

Crashed when bombing CHECK

Shot by plane when fully damaged and glided into the ground CHECK

Landed too late to take off again CHECK

Hit Tree on Landing CHECK

Bombed on runway CHECK

Shot from behind after taking off CHECK

Any chance of winning this game UNCHECK (I've no idea how anyone can concentrate for so long to clock the scoreboard)

Having fun CHECK

:)

Crashed into bomb damage on the runway CHECK

Crashed into the final building in the city while trying to bomb it CHECK

Shot three times by the same enemy plane CHECK

Shot the school bus CHECK

Shot the flashing pickup truck CHECK

Shot the red boat CHECK

Bombed the enemy hangars CHECK

Wondered why the hell my rating is so damn low CHECK

Sneak attacked enemy from behind then crashed into their exploding carcass CHECK

Worked out that W was for Wind CHECK

Crashed into the runway when landing due to Wind CHECK

ran out of fuel and remembered the tip to gain altitude only to find that I couldn't move and landed on the blue runway CHECK

Beat my highest score CHECK

By only 10 points CHECK

post-19705-126869434564_thumb.jpg

Anyone sussed out what the * means :?:

1040 - still a fun game

Ranking :?: ;)

Vigorously singing along to the music CHECK

Bombed on runway CHECK

Any chance of winning this game UNCHECK (I've no idea how anyone can concentrate for so long to clock the scoreboard)

Having fun CHECK

Shot the red boat CHECK

Sneak attacked enemy from behind then crashed into their exploding carcass CHECK

ran out of fuel and remembered the tip to gain altitude only to find that I couldn't move and landed on the blue runway CHECK

By only 10 points CHECK

Crashed into enemy plane wreckage that drifted from the left CHECK

Pushed down to land, but speeded up instead - making the plane take too long to park, leaving no room to take off CHECK

Went to 0 altitude to land, waited for plane to stop, but inexplicably drifted off the side of the runway CHECK

Blew up own hangar in frustration, reset, and continued to play with all hangar graphics corrupted CHECK

How the hell do you get "Blue Max" and "Flying Tiger" ratings with such low scores and without even finishing the damn game?? I'm working my ass off and all I get is frigging "Squadron Leader".

1040 - still a fun game

Ranking :?: ;)

Vigorously singing along to the music CHECK

Bombed on runway CHECK

Having fun CHECK

Shot the red boat CHECK

By only 10 points CHECK

Asterisk (*) means enemy airplane above not that it helped me.

Here's my latest score:

post-16716-12687129892_thumb.jpg

How the hell do you get "Blue Max" and "Flying Tiger" ratings with such low scores and without even finishing the damn game?? I'm working my ass off and all I get is frigging "Squadron Leader".

I did finish the game, short go but played agressively ;)

mini table

1st Blue Max Class 3: _Fandal_ 99,999+ 12pts + 1 bonus pt

2nd Squadron Leader Class 3: Mr.Amiga500 13,580 11pts

3rd Air Cadet Class 1: cebus capucinis 9,300 10pts

4th Blue Max Class 4: therealbountybob 7,300 9pts

5th Air Cadet Class 2: atariksi 4,860 8pts

6th Air Cadet Class 3: Goochman 3,860 7pts

7th Air Cadet Class 3: Divya 2,800 6pts

8th Air Cadet Class 2: preppie!! 2,750 5pts

9th Air Cadet Class 4: divya16 1,860 4pts

10th Runway Sweeper Class 1: roadrunner 1,680 3pts

--------- 1pt below this line ---------

11th Runway Sweeper Class 1: jetset 1,460

12th Runway Sweeper Class 1: 4Ks 1,450

Don't forget 1 bonus point on offer for best ranking.

Any corrections please post. Best score and rankings shown not necessarily on same go. Game and Voting close on Saturday.

Vote for next game here :)

7090, should have been more but I decided to try and put the CF card back into my camera whilst on the runway, misjudged the timing and didn't get to the joystick in time :roll:

and to top it, I missed the picture anyway 'cus I was still struggling with the CF card after the crash:D

7090, should have been more but I decided to try and put the CF card back into my camera whilst on the runway, misjudged the timing and didn't get to the joystick in time :roll:

and to top it, I missed the picture anyway 'cus I was still struggling with the CF card after the crash:D

Hey, from your posts it looks like you decided to have a whole day marathon on Bluemax.

Ha! I laughed at that... because I did something similar.

Anyway, on to more misfortune.... I finished bombing all the targets in the city, so I decided once again to attempt to bomb the big buildings, with the following result:

Edited by Mr.Amiga500

Finally... a better rating: Class 1 Squadron Leader, but a crap 9790

This run was weird because I got the flashing L after just three runways and 4750 points! Usually I don't get that until 7000. On one run, I didn't get the flashing L until 10650. Bombing seems to be much more important than shooting. I was going crazy killing enemy planes, trucks, boats and hitting all targets, but it looks like you're just supposed to bomb as many buildings as possible.

Edited by Mr.Amiga500

looks that way, but I did go to work honest, just work strange hours:)

You did good. I usually get bombed on the runway after reaching around 5,000. And seems you can't really do anything about that since if you take off early then you have a crippled aircraft that would have a hard time landing next time or even getting to a runway.

One funny thing though on the runway, they fuel up the aircraft before they fix the leak!

looks that way, but I did go to work honest, just work strange hours:)

You did good. I usually get bombed on the runway after reaching around 5,000. And seems you can't really do anything about that since if you take off early then you have a crippled aircraft that would have a hard time landing next time or even getting to a runway.

One funny thing though on the runway, they fuel up the aircraft before they fix the leak!

I am dreaming of 5000 points at the moment, got to 3000 and got bombed on the runway. Off to work now :(

If you fly up (diagonally) you can land on the runway earlier and then have more time to see the enemy planes approaching... if you have a dodgy joystick (like me) be careful not to plumet into the terra firma if you don't get into the diagonal :D

No screenshot but after five attempts... 200 pts.

This is not my best game, clearly. I think I'll wait to boost my score on next round. :D

C'mon ABP just reverse the controls, get airborne and just bomb stuff! Surely you don't want to be known as the Kamikazee Trainee for the rest of the season :P

Way to go Preppie :thumbsup: I've been playing but no improvement... another attempt later ;)

If you fly up (diagonally) you can land on the runway earlier and then have more time to see the enemy planes approaching... if you have a dodgy joystick (like me) be careful not to plumet into the terra firma if you don't get into the diagonal :D

Sometimes you can't tell which direction the runway will come so you it's hard to land early although that would lower probability of bombs dropping on top of you.

Yeah, a good joystick helps-- I crashed a few times because altitude went to 1 and then crashed getting it to 0 or too late to land.

This just isn't fair. Things were going great. I only missed one building in the city, then landed to get ready for a record score. An enemy plane then came and bombed my hangar and a bit of the runway. It seems normally you can drive over bomb damage, but not if it has a bit of green around it like the one here. I could only helplessly watch it and say, "Ah f--- it!"