IGNORED

I am officially finished with Xbox 360

Rev

farewell 360.....nice knowing you.

:skull: My second Red Ring Of Death occurred last week on my second system,i am sure its still under warrenty but screw it.i am selling all my 360 games when i have time.microsoft,you have lost a customer for life.

Wii and PS3 for me.

:skull: My second Red Ring Of Death occurred last week on my second system,i am sure its still under warrenty but screw it.i am selling all my 360 games when i have time.microsoft,you have lost a customer for life.

Wii and PS3 for me.

Bye...

That sucks man. Too bad it's a great system, but like its predecessor it's a cheap piece of shit and MS's customer service is absolute garbage. If they at least acknowledged the problem(s) and took steps to correct them rather than pretend it's the user you could live with that. I thank my lucky stars our 360 has been fine, but I owned 2 original xboxs' and they were both riddled with problems, and tech "support" ultimately made things worse. I even had one guy tell me my problem (Thompson drive taking a shit) was very UNcommon, and the tons of websites, complaints and even the news piece on a local network were all Sony fanboys making things up! We only got the 360 for my son and he's been made to understand that should it take a crap past the warranty and we have to spend penny one, the whole thing gets sold, so I totally see where you are coming from.

I can honestly tell you Nintendo's customer service is second to none, although I've had very few problems with any Nintendo systems, and I've owned every one of them brand new out of the box since the NES with the exception of the 64. The Wii is a great system and so far zero problems. We also have a PS2 (no PS3 yet but we will get one eventually), and I've had my PS1 since it came out. Can't tell you one way or the other if they stand behind their product since we've had no problems.

Like I said, I hear ya. You'd think MS would put out a better quality product, AND stand behind it when there are the occasional issues, but they give a big fat FU! to their customers. They must target the wealthy gamer or something...I see people all the time saying "oh well my second, third, fourth unit took a shit, time to go buy another! WTF? I don't care if the games give you sexual gratification, you're retarded if you keep buying systems one after the other when they keep breaking.

I say get a Wii. Sure there's plenty of "must haves" on the 360, but ultimately there's just as many on the Wii, and it's a LOT more fun when company comes over.

Wii and PS3 for me.

You realize it's an option to try to get another freebie anyway then continue with your plan to sell everything off. Heck, that way you can even pawn off the new system and recover a bit more of your investment.

I'm officially yet to begin with Xbox 360! (I'm a bit of a retro man at the moment)

I've been holding off - amongst other reasons - for this issue to be finally and definitively resolved in the new models, before jumping in. Granted, I've missed out on 5 years of gaming. I'll have to resolve to clean up at the pawn shops when (if?) an ultra-reliable model (mini?) is produced.

That's sad to hear of your experience, however. I have 2 original Xboxs and I have never had a problem with them, but I am not statistically significant either, and I know of the problems. Maybe you should get it fixed though.

I stood in line to get PS1 and it was a piece of shit SCPH-1001 @ $300 and ended up being played upside down for a long time because of that model's problems. Then there was the infamous "Disc Read Error" on the $300 launch PS2. So I don't think any brand is salvation from this.

After that I decided never to early-adopt again. 2 surprises for me: (1) I never thought I would hold out for so long on buying a new system. (2) I can't believe RROD is still an issue after this much time (beyond early-adopt period, aren't we?).

Wii and PS3 for me.

You realize it's an option to try to get another freebie anyway then continue with your plan to sell everything off. Heck, that way you can even pawn off the new system and recover a bit more of your investment.

i am sure i could get it replaced for free.i am just tired of dealing with it.like i said i have many other systems.so micro can suck on it,no more money from me.

I'm officially yet to begin with Xbox 360! (I'm a bit of a retro man at the moment)

I've been holding off - amongst other reasons - for this issue to be finally and definitively resolved in the new models, before jumping in. Granted, I've missed out on 5 years of gaming. I'll have to resolve to clean up at the pawn shops when (if?) an ultra-reliable model (mini?) is produced.

That's sad to hear of your experience, however. I have 2 original Xboxs and I have never had a problem with them, but I am not statistically significant either, and I know of the problems. Maybe you should get it fixed though.

I stood in line to get PS1 and it was a piece of shit SCPH-1001 @ $300 and ended up being played upside down for a long time because of that model's problems. Then there was the infamous "Disc Read Error" on the $300 launch PS2. So I don't think any brand is salvation from this.

After that I decided never to early-adopt again. 2 surprises for me: (1) I never thought I would hold out for so long on buying a new system. (2) I can't believe RROD is still an issue after this much time (beyond early-adopt period, aren't we?).

I don't recall where but read recently that the new consoles are definately "fixed" and failure rates are very low. When you send back a 360 that has failed it is fixed and sent back to you. The reason that the failure rate is so high on the "fixed" 360's is that they are replacing the failed board with not the new board with the low fail rate, but with the old boards that they have so many of because they are no longer used in producion.

I have many friends who have sent back consoles multple times only to fail again. I bought mine about 6 months ago and have had no problems.

I don't recall where but read recently that the new consoles are definately "fixed" and failure rates are very low. When you send back a 360 that has failed it is fixed and sent back to you. The reason that the failure rate is so high on the "fixed" 360's is that they are replacing the failed board with not the new board with the low fail rate, but with the old boards that they have so many of because they are no longer used in producion.

I have many friends who have sent back consoles multple times only to fail again. I bought mine about 6 months ago and have had no problems.

this 360 is only 6 months old,i dont even use it that much.why cant they make it right the first time.

im thinking of making a youtube video of me shooting it with my 22.

Hopefully you'll have the integrity NOT to buy another one. Unlike a girlfriend of mine who caved in once again - for her chitlins. <sigh>

Don't mess with the modern baby sitter I guess. Boob-Tube and M$ products. lol

chitlins,huh? you sure picked a winner

fool me once xbox,shame on you

fool me twice xbox,shame on me

fool me thrice xbox,not gonna happen

Hopefully you'll have the integrity NOT to buy another one. Unlike a girlfriend of mine who caved in once again - for her chitlins. <sigh>

Don't mess with the modern baby sitter I guess. Boob-Tube and M$ products. lol

chitlins,huh? you sure picked a winner

fool me once xbox,shame on you

fool me twice xbox,shame on me

fool me thrice xbox,not gonna happen

ROTFLMAO!

<sigh> She's a friend that happens to be a girl. Not a 'girlfriend' as in romantically involved. Been there done that. No thanks, please drive thru ;)

Yeah the story sucks. The console should have been solid from day 1. But to say MS hasn't admitted to the problem is ridiculous. They absolutely have admitted to it and they extended their warranty from 90 days to 3 years to cover it and implemented a repair procedure that is cost-free to the customer and the whole thing cost them over $1 billion. That is a well deserved cost and I have no problem with them paying it. But really... if you can't be arsed to send the thing for repair then you didn't really care in the first place. They give you a shipping label to print, you slap it on a box with the unit in it, and you drop it off. A week or 2 later you have a working unit and a voucher for a free month of Xbox Live. Then you can do whatever you want with it... use it, sell it, give it away... whatever. Not sending it is illogical though. If you are going to sell your stuff you might as well give it some value by including a working unit that gets an extended warranty coverage btw. My original day 1 360 failed before the warranty was extended and I fixed it myself. I also bought a core to have a non-repaired unit. Then a long time after that my core failed and I sent it in. They sent me another unit and it has been working ever since. It is not even close to one of the newer units with the industry standard failure rate but it is running fine. It will probably die eventually and I will have to get it replaced. Oh well... I will play something else while I wait for it to come back. The bottom line is that the 360 provides the best gaming experience this generation and I have no intention of being left out. Yeah the failures suck but we have heard a million stories already and the idea that it isn't worth taking a minute to go online and claim a shipping slip to get it replaced is silly.

Also, I have my original V1 Xbox. I had to replace the DVD drive finally this year but the unit is still kicking and it is still one of the best consoles ever.

• Like 2

I'm not talking about buying anything from them. I am talking about taking advantage of their free repair service to make them fix the faulty hardware they sold. Do you think that repair doesn't cost them anything? The console has already been sold and it is already a notch on their sales belt. Walking away without getting the unit repaired doesn't hurt them in the least bit. They won't even know about it. Getting the unit repaired is a win-win for the console owner no matter what. Anyone who put a seconds thought into it would realize that sending it for repair is the best option no matter their intention with the unit.

• Like 3

Yeah the story sucks. The console should have been solid from day 1. But to say MS hasn't admitted to the problem is ridiculous. They absolutely have admitted to it and they extended their warranty from 90 days to 3 years to cover it and implemented a repair procedure that is cost-free to the customer and the whole thing cost them over $1 billion. That is a well deserved cost and I have no problem with them paying it. But really... if you can't be arsed to send the thing for repair then you didn't really care in the first place. They give you a shipping label to print, you slap it on a box with the unit in it, and you drop it off. A week or 2 later you have a working unit and a voucher for a free month of Xbox Live. Then you can do whatever you want with it... use it, sell it, give it away... whatever. Not sending it is illogical though. If you are going to sell your stuff you might as well give it some value by including a working unit that gets an extended warranty coverage btw. My original day 1 360 failed before the warranty was extended and I fixed it myself. I also bought a core to have a non-repaired unit. Then a long time after that my core failed and I sent it in. They sent me another unit and it has been working ever since. It is not even close to one of the newer units with the industry standard failure rate but it is running fine. It will probably die eventually and I will have to get it replaced. Oh well... I will play something else while I wait for it to come back. The bottom line is that the 360 provides the best gaming experience this generation and I have no intention of being left out. Yeah the failures suck but we have heard a million stories already and the idea that it isn't worth taking a minute to go online and claim a shipping slip to get it replaced is silly.

Also, I have my original V1 Xbox. I had to replace the DVD drive finally this year but the unit is still kicking and it is still one of the best consoles ever.

Problem is not everyone is a technician and knows how to repair consoles themselves. In fact quite the opposite, and just from trying to fix it whether you do or not by opening it you void any warranty left. Yes the 3 year extension is wonderful, but from what I've seen here on AA alone there are other defects no covered past the first year.

I would also highly debate the "best gaming experience" opinion. Yes it's a great machine and graphically it blows away the Wii and I'm guessing the PS3 as well. That means little to many gamers. Our Wii gets way more play time and you don't have to be a dedicated gamer to play it. Not trying to start a fanboy issue but I do fully see where the OP is coming from. MS had the first xbox to be for all intents and purposes a trial run to get it right. Instead they put out an even less reliable unit and only because of public pressure did the FINALLY give in and extend the warranty. I'd wager if not for the fierce competition from the Wii and PS2 they's have never offered shit. They never acknowledged the drive problem with the original xbox and there were TONS of people with that problem.

The other problems are within the industry standard failure rates. The issue that 99% of people have is the RROD and it is covered by the extended warranty. What I am talking about is not repairing the console on ones own. I am talking about sending the console back for repair. Nobody has been able to offer any logical reason why the console should not be sent back for repair regardless of what the OP intends to do with it. The repair is free, the shipping is free, a one-month Live voucher is included, a working unit is returned, a repair warranty is applied, and it costs MS money to do this. There is not one single thing that could be considered a con. Even if the OP intends to sell his stuff the most valuable part is a working unit. So send the thing back and get a working unit to then sell. Or give the broken unit to Moycon and he will send it in for a working unit and put it to use. Or send it to me so I can get a working unit for modding and homebrew development. :twisted:

• Like 1

if someone wants to make an offer on my 360 i may do that and save it from the trash heap!

i still have the box it came in and i may have the receipt also.it has a hard drive as well, i think those alone may get 50 bucks on ebay? maybe i should check.......and i also have the wifi antennae on the back of it,i know i paid good money for that.

any offers?

if someone wants to make an offer on my 360 i may do that and save it from the trash heap!

i still have the box it came in and i may have the receipt also.it has a hard drive as well, i think those alone may get 50 bucks on ebay? maybe i should check.......and i also have the wifi antennae on the back of it,i know i paid good money for that.

any offers?

I'll give you $50 for the unit. I don't need the wireless adapter though. I have two of them.

Let me know. Like I said, if you still live in ATL we could probably just meet each other. I live in Acworth, just north of Atlanta.

Sometimes, people are just done with it. I had it with heating issues in my house. After trying to get it fixed for over 4 years, we where done with it. We couldn't bring up the energy to yet again try the company to fix it. I know this may be stupid, but it cost us so much energy, it's not worth it anymore. So i can understand the op.