IGNORED

I am officially finished with Xbox 360

Rev

I got mine in 2007 and have had no problems with it. I think the drive may be going out, it grinds like a mother fucker, and I know it's not covered. I am thinking about getting a new one though, as this one will pass out of the big warranty even around September. I expect it to die fully on October 1st :P

I got mine in 2007 and have had no problems with it. I think the drive may be going out, it grinds like a mother fucker, and I know it's not covered. I am thinking about getting a new one though, as this one will pass out of the big warranty even around September. I expect it to die fully on October 1st :P

Wish you could play games through the HD-DVD drive attachment since they're dirt cheap and the only issue mine has is also a disc drive that is going bad.

Yeah dude, no offense, but it would be asinine *not* to send it off to Microsoft for a free repair (or replacement). Hell, it's less work than actually having to take the time to meet up with someone locally to sell it.

Again, if you are serious about getting rid of your stuff, the system is going to get you the largest chunk of change. Get it fixed or replaced, sell it on eBay, or give it to a local retail chain that will give you more than $50 for the unit, heh.. then put it immediately towards a 360 or PS3, or at least store, say, your trade credit on a card for future use.

Edited by Austin

Never had any problems coz i have an Elite not that Pro garbage. icon_wink.gif

Darren

Pro Garbage cost big bucks when it first came out...you got to "Make your own choice" when it came to which system you wanted....thay all break and thay all are all garbage by me!

icon_mad.gif

Only problem i got with my 360, it won't keep time/date. I have to set the time/date every time i use it. Looks like the battery is gone bad.

I don't think the 360 even has a battery. If the power blips around here, it kills my time. I used to reset it regularly, now every game save I got says November something 2005 :P

Of course, maybe it's just that it does have a battery, and mine never worked :lol:

Only problem i got with my 360, it won't keep time/date. I have to set the time/date every time i use it. Looks like the battery is gone bad.

I don't think the 360 even has a battery. If the power blips around here, it kills my time. I used to reset it regularly, now every game save I got says November something 2005 :P

Of course, maybe it's just that it does have a battery, and mine never worked :lol:

It has something that enables it to keep track of the time and date for a while. When I unplug it and it stays unplugged for a couple of weeks, it still has the correct time/date when I go back to it. But when it's been unplugged for a few months, I've had to reset it.

It has something that enables it to keep track of the time and date for a while.

I've had 5 Xbox 360s and none of them have the feature that will save your time if you unplug it. You sure you aren't signing into Live after having unplugged it? I ask because that will set the time for you. Still it would be interesting if some were made with an internal battery of some sort and others were not.

It has something that enables it to keep track of the time and date for a while.

I've had 5 Xbox 360s and none of them have the feature that will save your time if you unplug it. You sure you aren't signing into Live after having unplugged it? I ask because that will set the time for you. Still it would be interesting if some were made with an internal battery of some sort and others were not.

It must be that, I sometimes play offline and sometimes online (Since it shares a ethernet cable with my Xbox and PS2 and I don't always bother plugging it in), so it gets powered on after being unplugged both ways.

I'll check carefully though when I fire it up the next time. It's been off since last Fall so we'll see what happens.

damnit! i am going back and forth on what to do.On one hand i love the 360,on the other i am tired of defective crap. i know i could get it replaced for free.but also i do have a ps3 and wii.........aarrrghh! :x

and now my brother wants to send it off and buy it from me.

• 2 months later...

My friends first gen 360 (Xenon) gave up the ghost a few months ago, not because of the RRoD, but due to the DVD drive failing. He plays the thing every day for hours on end.

He replaced the drive and its still going strong.

what he did was lifted the console off what it was sitting on (about a inch or 2), never ever put it on the floor (carpet).

Kept the dust out of it by using a vacuum and a can of compressed air for electronics.

after long periods of play he would let the system idle at the dashboard for like 20 minutes before turning it off (to avoid the thermal peak)

when you have a play and charge kit and have a recharging controller plugged in when you turn the system off the fans remain on and the controller remains charging but everything else turns off, which cools the system down without having to worry about the thermal peak.

always had it on its own table not around anything that would generate heat or trap heat.

The same friend also has a PS3 that has the YLoD issue and the Blue ray drive failing, luckily within the first year.

Edited by madmax2069

farewell 360.....nice knowing you.

:skull: My second Red Ring Of Death occurred last week on my second system,i am sure its still under warrenty but screw it.i am selling all my 360 games when i have time.microsoft,you have lost a customer for life.

Wii and PS3 for me.

3rd time was the charm for me. Mine RROD'ed twice and now, the third console has hung in there for over three years now. If it's not going to cost you anything but some time (around a month), why the heck not? Seems like a rash decision, but you can go to watching your Wii and PS3 collect dust if you want (that's what mine do...).

My 360 is alive and kicking, and it will be for a long time. Bought it used from Gamestop, as soon as I got home, I applied my custom RROD fix that I use to fix Xbox's. Being it doesn't have it, it'll prevent it from happening. I also soldered a 40mm fan to the GPU heatpipes, to the 5V line. That, along with wrapping the dvd drive with rubber bands, so far its the quietest xbox 360 I have ever seen in person.

My 360 is alive and kicking, and it will be for a long time. Bought it used from Gamestop, as soon as I got home, I applied my custom RROD fix that I use to fix Xbox's. Being it doesn't have it, it'll prevent it from happening. I also soldered a 40mm fan to the GPU heatpipes, to the 5V line. That, along with wrapping the dvd drive with rubber bands, so far its the quietest xbox 360 I have ever seen in person.

customers should not have to solder in fans.............

:skull: My second Red Ring Of Death occurred last week on my second system,i am sure its still under warrenty but screw it.i am selling all my 360 games when i have time.microsoft,you have lost a customer for life.

Wii and PS3 for me.

...PS3 collect dust if you want (that's what mine do...).

Man you've missed so many great games this year alone...

Anywho, sorry about your 360. I'd get it replaced. Why not? If anything you could sell it for more money, or play it.

I never had problems with my system itself, but the accessories. My wifi adapters in particular ALL failed, new or used, didn't matter. Also my 120gb HDD failed along with 2 headsets (finally just got a Plantronics one because the MS ones were horrible). I know that's not as bad as the system in a way, but I think I went through a worse hell because the accessories cost more than the system itself, all cost combined lol. It's why I ended up selling my 360 for a PS3, because I couldn't take it anymore.

One option though might be to wait and see if the "slim" will do better. If it's totally different internally, it might be a good option for the hesitant 360 player. :)

Wii and PS3 for me.

Anywho, sorry about your 360. I'd get it replaced. Why not? If anything you could sell it for more money, or play it.

I never had problems with my system itself, but the accessories. My wifi adapters in particular ALL failed, new or used, didn't matter. Also my 120gb HDD failed along with 2 headsets (finally just got a Plantronics one because the MS ones were horrible). I know that's not as bad as the system in a way, but I think I went through a worse hell because the accessories cost more than the system itself, all cost combined lol. It's why I ended up selling my 360 for a PS3, because I couldn't take it anymore.

One option though might be to wait and see if the "slim" will do better. If it's totally different internally, it might be a good option for the hesitant 360 player. :)

i actually did try to get it replaced under the warrenty, they said it wasnt covered. it was not over 3 years old either....

Wii and PS3 for me.

i actually did try to get it replaced under the warrenty, they said it wasnt covered. it was not over 3 years old either....

Wait, what? Was it purchased when the 3 year thing was going on? If you have the receipt, tell them to talk to a manager.. that's BS. Unless they don't allow multiple returns (like, you get one replacement, then that's it). That much I'm not sure of...

Oh well, sell the POS, and either get another 360 (maybe the Slim) or just use the money on games for your Wii and PS3. Sorry to hear about your back luck with the customer service guys. :(