IGNORED

Deathsmiles

Gabriel

I was at Gamestop today because my oldest son was buying a 3DS, and saw they had Deathsmiles in stock for $20. So I picked it up, and at the counter I asked if they had a sealed copy (I don't buy games there that have been opened). The guy pulls out the Limited Edition box and says, "I have one of these. Want this instead?".

Sold.

In my experience with Raiden Fighters Aces and Deathsmiles, Gamestop never has a sealed copy of the 360 schumps because they only ever get in one at a time and they immediately take it out of the case and use the case as a display. The fact that the limited edition was limited edition is probably the only thing that saved you. This game is tons o fun.

The fact that the limited edition was limited edition is probably the only thing that saved you.

No, Gamestop has no problem with gutting limited and collectors editions. I see too many gutted limited editions at my local stores to believe otherwise.

That's odd. I guess it depends on location. I didn't have a problem getting a sealed Raiden Fighters Aces at my local GameStop.

Anyway, Deathsmiles is indeed a great game. I've been putting too much time into it which is very rare for me and shmups (the last one I can remember being addicted to was Xevious for the 7800). And what do I have to show for it? A sink full of dishes, hampers full of laundry, and an impressive display of bullet-hell fireworks every time I close my eyes.

That's odd. I guess it depends on location. I didn't have a problem getting a sealed Raiden Fighters Aces at my local GameStop.

Anyway, Deathsmiles is indeed a great game. I've been putting too much time into it which is very rare for me and shmups (the last one I can remember being addicted to was Xevious for the 7800). And what do I have to show for it? A sink full of dishes, hampers full of laundry, and an impressive display of bullet-hell fireworks every time I close my eyes.

Yeah, I'm sure some places are better than others. And there are exceptions all the time. For instance I managed to get a sealed copy of Trails in the Sky on the PSP yesterday at Gamestop - but only because they had a second copy behind the desk. The other one of course was gutted which would have resulted in them losing a sale if they didn't have the sealed copy.

But them's the breaks. When a chain goes for the franchise approach, they get name brand recognition regardless of if it's deserved. Both the good AND the bad.

...and an impressive display of bullet-hell fireworks every time I close my eyes.

Yeah, this was me last week. It was the first time I gave it an honest go (I've had it since October last year) and played it nightly for a few hours at a time. I looked up tactics and how the scoring system works over at shmups.com and really got into it. Once I started seeing bullets with my eyes closed though, I knew I had to give it a break for a few days, haha.

...and an impressive display of bullet-hell fireworks every time I close my eyes.

Yeah, this was me last week. It was the first time I gave it an honest go (I've had it since October last year) and played it nightly for a few hours at a time. I looked up tactics and how the scoring system works over at shmups.com and really got into it. Once I started seeing bullets with my eyes closed though, I knew I had to give it a break for a few days, haha.

I still need to do that, I got up to 40 mil and through 4 stages on level 3, before dying at the 5th stage I picked, the first one, on level 3.

I'm finally finishing up reloading my PC, when that is done I'll see if I can capture the replay onto a capture card for youtube. :)

Edited by keilbaca

So have any of you beat the game without using continues yet? I did it in only 3 this weekend, all of which I used on the last stage so I am getting closer :)

I know I would be very close if I played everything on Level 1.

But... I'm a score whore, so I play everything on Level 3. I already posted my above post on how far I got. I just got my main computer loaded up, just need to redefine a couple things and then I am set to capture my replay.

So have any of you beat the game without using continues yet? I did it in only 3 this weekend, all of which I used on the last stage so I am getting closer :)

If I start off on Rank 1, I can get to the final boss without continuing. It's all downhill from there, though! If I do all of the levels on Rank 3, I can get to the final stage. I've only done that once, though (I just started playing only on Rank 3 this past weekend, and by the fifth stage or so when the suicide bullets start coming out, it's extremely difficult). I may have to start playing on Rank 2, or focus on 1CCing on Rank 1.

I still need to do that, I got up to 40 mil and through 4 stages on level 3, before dying at the 5th stage I picked, the first one, on level 3.I'm finally finishing up reloading my PC, when that is done I'll see if I can capture the replay onto a capture card for youtube. :)

If you want to have some score battles on YouTube, let me know and I can do captured runs as well. :)

If I start off on Rank 1, I can get to the final boss without continuing. It's all downhill from there, though! If I do all of the levels on Rank 3, I can get to the final stage. I've only done that once, though (I just started playing only on Rank 3 this past weekend, and by the fifth stage or so when the suicide bullets start coming out, it's extremely difficult). I may have to start playing on Rank 2, or focus on 1CCing on Rank 1.

I still need to do that, I got up to 40 mil and through 4 stages on level 3, before dying at the 5th stage I picked, the first one, on level 3.I'm finally finishing up reloading my PC, when that is done I'll see if I can capture the replay onto a capture card for youtube. :)

If you want to have some score battles on YouTube, let me know and I can do captured runs as well. :)

Sounds great to me, I've been wanting a challenge and I know of no one who enjoys playing the game score based... well I know of one but he's too poor and can only play Touhou.

I'm fixing a laptop tonight, and reloading it with Windows. When the reload is coming up, I'll upload my video. I was going to this morning but for some reason I forgot to install half my capture software onto my laptop. I'm doing this as we speak. :)

EDIT: I Just remembered, I actually got the score on my girlfriend's xbox, on her account. I hope that I can watch the replay even though I am signed in as me...

Edited by keilbaca

Yep, I have to log into her xbox account to access the replay. So it won't be till the weekend... unless I can beat the score before then.

Judging by how I just played though... I think I should be sleeping instead of playing XD

Edited by keilbaca

Yep, I have to log into her xbox account to access the replay. So it won't be till the weekend... unless I can beat the score before then.

Judging by how I just played though... I think I should be sleeping instead of playing XD

I went ahead and recorded a few takes the other night. My best was around the 70mil mark. I should have it up in the next day or two.

Oh yeah, on a quick side note...

Suicide bullets can suck a ****. :x

I went ahead and recorded a few takes the other night. My best was around the 70mil mark. I should have it up in the next day or two.

Oh yeah, on a quick side note...

Suicide bullets can suck a ****. :x

Niiiice!

I found a new path to take, but I was never good enough to do it. Hopefully I will be this weekend... and get close or surpass your 70 mil score. :)

Yeah, I play the arcade version out of habit, but either the Arcade or 360 modes are good. Default options-screen difficulty, and whatever rank path you want to take.

@Keilbaca--I think my best run actually mixed different ranks together just for the sake of survival.. I will have to double check that.