ctirad

200 members have voted

1. 1. I'm interested in:

• RAM 320XL naked version
    • RAM 320XL full version
    • RAM 320XE
    • RAM 576+

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

OK, I've just did 5V+ MOD for the 800XL. My MyIDE cart runs just fine so much for wanting to use a smaller computer. :roll:

Does it mean the 600Xl works with either MyiDE cart or RAM320XL, but not with both cards together? Maybe a weak PSU?

OK, I've just did 5V+ MOD for the 800XL. My MyIDE cart runs just fine so much for wanting to use a smaller computer. :roll:

Does it mean the 600Xl works with either MyiDE cart or RAM320XL, but not with both cards together? Maybe a weak PSU?

The 600XL just has 16K so the MyiDE cart won't run with just 16K. ;) The RAM320XL seem to run with the 600XL but I haven't tried it with other software. I'll try the 600Xl with other software later today, the MyiDE cart and the RAM320XL run together just fine on the 800XL and I'm using the same PSU on both XL's.

Hello wood_jl

Rochester, NY, as in Bob Puff City, CSS town, BlackBox Meadows, FloppyBoard Hills?

You have a chance to meet the Puffmeister himself, the godfather of great Atari 8 bit hardware and complain about not being home.....

:D :D :D

Sincerely

Mathy

Edited by Mathy
  • Like 1

Ok, think I've found that plug here in the U.S. at Jameco.

If I go the internal route on an 800XL, to verify -- facing the front of the computer it is the third pbi connector from the left side and is currently not connected?

Also, what is the smallest diameter wire that you would use to provide power to the module?

Thanks,

Larry

1.3/3.4mm plug Beware, the +5V is on the outer ring! If you will take the 5V from the atari itself, you don't need to connect the GND.

If I go the internal route on an 800XL, to verify -- facing the front of the computer it is the third pbi connector from the left side and is currently not connected?

It's the second from the left! See:

post-21370-128026301837_thumb.jpeg

Also, what is the smallest diameter wire that you would use to provide power to the module?

You can use any common wire you will find in your drawer ;)

The 600XL just has 16K so the MyiDE cart won't run with just 16K. ;) The RAM320XL seem to run with the 600XL but I haven't tried it with other software. I'll try the 600Xl with other software later today, the MyiDE cart and the RAM320XL run together just fine on the 800XL and I'm using the same PSU on both XL's.

Ok , I've just boot up the 600XL with the RAM 320XL & Super DOS and I have a ramdisk with 1011 sectors, that's somthing see on a 600XL. :D Hmmm what do think it is a flaky Cart port?

Edited by walter_J64bit

Hold up the 600XL is being flaky it's locking up with the RAM 320XL. I think the 600XL might be bad. :?

Try to clean up the PBI port. Eraser is your friend. I did it yesterday, because the PBI port of my poor little 800XL was almost useless after that heavy usage (remember I test every produced card at least twice). I tried a spiritus and isopropylalcohol before without much succes, but the eraser did the trick.

Hi Mathy-

Thanks for the info. I've never had a 600XL.

-Larry

Hello Larry

On the 600XL, pins 47 and 48 have 5 VDC to power the 1064. On the 800XL, these pins are not used (because adding a 1064 to your 800XL would not make sense).

greetings

Mathy

Hi Ctirad-

I spent some time yesterday (and today) getting an internal flash MyIDE working in an 800XL. The XL was very stubborn, but it had nothing to do with the Ram320XL. I had to do the Bob Puff StabilXL mod to get the timing right for the MyIDE. Also did the "Quick & Easy" video upgrade and added the +5VDC to the PBI, and now everything works great. I tested both of the ram modules and they are both fine. I look forward to your XE model! Thanks!

-Larry

Got a 600XL here which doesn't want to play: tried acetone and eraser... it's booting straight into a (corrupted) self-test....

Hmmm, there really must be something wrong with a certain 600XLs :( I'd like to figure it out and fix it, but I need a help from you.

All owners of 600XL which have problems with RAM 320XL should try this steps:

1. I assume, the Atari itself is fully working and internal memory passes the test, etc..

2. plug the RAM card with the jumper removed - it should boot normally

3. test the additional RAM with the Xram or similar tester. It should autodetect 256kB and correctly check it.

If you will pass these tests I'll give you next instructions.

I'd also please all 600XL/RAM320XL users here for a feedback. I'd like to know at least the basic things as the base memory (16k/64k) and if it is either PAL, NTSC or even SECAM machine. Additional informations (eg. motherboard revision) will be also helpfull.

Will there be any more of these available? I'm trying to think of things I can demo next month (agh! September's only a month away now!).....

The first batch of 60 units is officialy sold out, and next is planned to autumn. Until that I want to focus to another projects, mainly the RAM 320XL.

However, there are a couple of uncorfimed/unpayed orders pending, thus there is a chance to get one or two cards sooner if these orders will be cancelled.