IGNORED

Fighting Games

ShinRyu05

oh man, Soul Calibur is fukin kick ass. That game leaves any Tekken game in the dust :P

MKI and MKII, M vs C 1&2, any wrestling game (dont know if you want to count wwf games in this category :D ) Ultra Vortek baybe for the Jag :) Xmen vs Street Fighter, Street Fighter Alpha 2&3, Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo, Dead Or Alive 2&3..... :)

Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 12:32 pm    Post subject:  

------------------------------------------------------------------------

oh man, Soul Calibur is fukin kick ass. That game leaves any Tekken game in the dust  

I will second that, I just got the game yesterday thanx to all of you that replied to the "Best Dreamcast Games" thread, the game is definantly a must have for any DC owner :D

Soul Calibur and Dead or Alive 2 on the Dreamcast.

I like the weapons in Soul Calibur, but the fully interactive environments in DOA2 are even better. The only way Soul Calibur could get better, IMO, is if it had the kind of environments DOA2 has, then it would be PERFECT. As awesome as Soul Calibur is, you still get that feeling you're fighting on a tiny stage with a background, which is basically what it is.

I'm surprised someone mentioned Ultra Vortek... I was actually kind of disappointed with that one. It has great graphics, and some nice ideas, but the gameplay always seemed kinda choppy and odd. But then, this is coming from someone who liked (and still likes) Fight For Life...

Dead Or Alive 2 I was also disappointed in. The game is amazing, I'll give it that... but somehow, it had no replay value for me. Once I had played through with all the characters, I just had no incentive to play it anymore (Even the boobies weren't enough... :P )

I used to be a HUGE fan of World Heroes! Then a while ago, I got a chance to play it again, but when I did, I couldn't find the magic that I once found in it :( I'm still not sure how it aged so badly for me, but I just can't get back into it anymore.

Anyone remember Time Killers? :)

--Zero

I'm surprised someone mentioned Ultra Vortek... I was actually kind of disappointed with that one. It has great graphics, and some nice ideas, but the gameplay always seemed kinda choppy and odd. But then, this is coming from someone who liked (and still likes) Fight For Life...

Dead Or Alive 2 I was also disappointed in. The game is amazing, I'll give it that... but somehow, it had no replay value for me. Once I had played through with all the characters, I just had no incentive to play it anymore (Even the boobies weren't enough... :P )

I used to be a HUGE fan of World Heroes! Then a while ago, I got a chance to play it again, but when I did, I couldn't find the magic that I once found in it :( I'm still not sure how it aged so badly for me, but I just can't get back into it anymore.

Anyone remember Time Killers? :)

--Zero

well the gameplay wasnt spectacular in Ultra Vortek but to me it had that something to keep me interested. cmon man .. poopality? :D i couldnt breathe and i was crying when i first saw/heard that in person :)

Fight For Life HAD potential to be something great - seems like a crappy rush job tho, the moves seem a pain in the ass to xecute :D but nonetheless i still like every Jag game tho ...xcept double dragon 5 :x

time killers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! holy crap! that game was hilarious! well somewhat :) man i remember that game in the arcades - i forgot if it aever came out for console??? do you know if it did? and which? :)

Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 12:32 pm    Post subject:  

------------------------------------------------------------------------

oh man, Soul Calibur is fukin kick ass. That game leaves any Tekken game in the dust  

I will second that, I just got the game yesterday thanx to all of you that replied to the "Best Dreamcast Games" thread, the game is definantly a must have for any DC owner :D

the mission mode adds lots of time, entertainment and frustration :)

Atari rushed a lot of Jaguar games, not the least of which was Fight For Life... I thought the gameplay was decent, but the "combos" were lame to be sure...

I think Time Killers came out for the Genesis, but I could be wrong... chances are, the Genesis version is somehow worse than the arcade version. The main problem with this game is that the animation is quite awful. There's also the nasty tendency for matches to end in a decapitation after about 5 seconds... However, the severed arms are cool, and the characters are mostly cool (Rancid was always my favorite)

--Zero