IGNORED

Fighting Games

ShinRyu05

I love the KOF and World Heroes series on my Neo Geo cart system. Of course, the Street Fighter II series will always hold a special place in my heart...that was all I played in the early 1990's!

I'm not really into 3D fighters, though I'd have to admit that I liked VF 2 and 3 on the Sega systems as well as Soul Calibur. DOA3 on xbox is pretty good too.

yeh i love street fighter 2 thats what i used to play with my cousin on his super nintendo cause i never had one when i was younger. oh brings back old memories. and about 3d fighters i feel the same way you do marley. there is just something not appealing about them. i will say though that soul cailbur is a good play.

yeh uber i hear that your the michigan champion for capcom vs. snk 2. whats the group of fighters you use?

I'm not THE champion...I was the "cruiserweight champion" after the grudge match tournament back in september...my main tournament team right now is Athena, Cammy, and E. Honda (r2) in S groove. I've been toying with other chars though, like Fagat, Blanka, Chun li, Ryo, Ryu, and Terry...the problem though, is that game just isn't really as fun for me as other games are. Like, I enjoy the competition more then I enjoy the game itself.

I'm not that great at these games, but I haven't much experience yet...I'm getting there though.

well if u want some tips, which you probably don't, try doing a crackshin, super move were hes like ARE YOU OK?!, burning nuckle, and power wave combo with terry, its a killer. also rock is a good character with his neo deadly rave super.

In S groove terry can do Buster Wolf super into Power Geyser. Terry's better in the CAP grooves though, due to his godly Custom Combo in A groove and the Dash he has in all of them is fantastic.

Rock's Deadly Rave I never quite figred out a use for. His Shine Knuckle did more damage if I recall, and was helluva lot faster. But I was more of a Geese player...Geese has mad good priority on his moves, does tons of damage with even simple combos like, Crouching short x2, Stand Fierce, Jaeiken. He doesn't even need the counters, but the high one, since it grabs all specials and supers outside of grapples, is really frigging useful. I've countered Rock out of a counter before.

Now you want silly, try Athena. She's seriously a one button character in that game-crouching fierce. It does everything. Anti-air, anti ground, it's a good poking move, it's fast, does good damage..it even goes under fireballs!. Wackiness ensues.

I used to be a HUGE fan of World Heroes! Then a while ago, I got a chance to play it again, but when I did, I couldn't find the magic that I once found in it :( I'm still not sure how it aged so badly for me, but I just can't get back into it anymore.

Likewise, I played WH2 Jet and forgot what I loved about the original so much. Maybe it's just that WH2 has too many really DUMB characters, like J. Maximum and the Zulu guy...

Anyone remember Time Killers? :)

Oh yeah. I have the Genesis version, but I remember the arcade version too... UGH, was this a bad game. Looked like something that should have been on the 8-Bit NES and controlled just plain badly.

The severed limb concept was kind novel, though, I'll give 'em that...

i would always do the neo deadly rave after my opponent did a fireball of sorts because if u time it right then you go right past it and they are open for half life bar of damage. and for some reason i can't do charge moves, i don't why. i can do every other move in the game except for charge moves, which excludes me from characters like geese, vega, and e honda. i also don't get to do rock and terry's rising tackle which is a great anti air attack. i'm partial to the N groove because its like half C and half K. you get the three stage energy bar and you get the little yellow time bar to do lots of damage with normal attack, regain a litttle health, or perform a level three super.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a fighting game fan. I initially didn't like them, because Street Fighter II irritated the shit outta me. Fortunately, Mortal Kombat 1 and 2 eased me into the genre and made me love 'em.

I've definitely been seduced by the 3D fighters. While I like the 2D games enough, the 3D games are definitely my favorites.

Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast is my present all time favorite.

I still get a kick out of Mortal Kombat 2.

I have an irrational affection for Battle Arena Toshinden 2. I wish there was a PS2 incarnation of that franchise.

Tekken 4 and DOA3 with a dash of Bloody Roar 3 eat up my recent fighting game time. I recently added Marvel vs Capcom 2 to my collection, and intend to get Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance in a couple of weeks.

JagHammer, I have Way of the Warrior. I'd question the sanity of anyone that liked that game. ;)

i would always do the neo deadly rave after my opponent did a fireball of sorts because if u time it right then you go right past it and they are open for half life bar of damage. and for some reason i can't do charge moves, i don't why. i can do every other move in the game except for charge moves, which excludes me from characters like geese, vega, and e honda. i also don't get to do rock and terry's rising tackle which is a great anti air attack. i'm partial to the N groove because its like half C and half K. you get the three stage energy bar and you get the little yellow time bar to do lots of damage with normal attack, regain a litttle health, or perform a level three super.

His Shine Knuckle can go through fireballs and moves too, if it's level 3. As for anti airs, if you can't do the charge moves very well, you can go with their normals anti air...I know in rocks case it's just crouching Fierce punch. I haven't played cvs2 in a few weeks though...King of Fighters 2002 is my new crack. There is atournament for 2k2 and CvS2 next saturday so I guess I better brush up on my game.

I hated marvel 2 personally... There are only 12 usable characters in that game as far as tournament play goes.

Storm, Magneto, Cable, and Sentinel are the big 4, every team as one of them at least. 2 is smart, but 3 isn't due to the team dynamic

Captain Commando, Iron Man, Dr. Doom, Strider(with Dr. Doom), Mega Man, Psylocke, Spiral, Blackheart, are all also decent, but the only ones that really get used are CapCom and Doom, due to their anti air assists rocking.