IGNORED

Fighting Games

ShinRyu05

Why bother with luck when you can count cards ;)

Does "head in a vice and an ice-pick in scrotum" mean anything to you?

Don't listen to him, ye punk

Besides lots of pain, NO.

I was saying that if you know what is going on you will do

a hell of a lot better than if you take a Guess :|

no way you just goota go with the law of averges and hope you beat them every time you hit the botton or get delt a hand

So how many people DO you play in these games? And I don't mean random other button mashers, but people who know what they are doing? You speak the words of a man who has never gone up against someone halfway decent.

So how many people DO you play in these games? And I don't mean random other button mashers, but people who know what they are doing? You speak the words of a man who has never gone up against someone halfway decent.

That's what I wastrying to say.Sorry somPunk,but the art of button mashing sucks.And it doesn't work when you go up against somebody that is,like Ubersaurus said,halfway decent. :sad: :P :roll:

Button smashing may not be the best technique, but some times it really does work when you got nothing else to work with, the big down side is the abuse the controller is forced to endure. Button smashing is also a good way to find new moves.   :D

Not so good for knowing how you did them ;p nowadays you can generally just look up movesets on gamefaqs or something.

an as i've been saying it dose get somewhere it's simple someones gotta win the lottery right, well someones one gotta wina game when your playing why can't complete ramdomness win guys? It can. Ryu if i play you 100 times i mihgt win once right?

Just answer my wuestion ok i'm going somewhere with this.

an as i've been saying it dose get somewhere it's simple someones gotta win the lottery right, well someones one gotta wina game when your playing why can't complete ramdomness win guys? It can. Ryu if i play you 100 times i mihgt win once right?

Just answer my wuestion ok i'm going somewhere with this.

Sure,you might win one out of a hundred at the most,but that is 1% and that sucks. :roll: :D :ponder:

Well I'll put it to you this way.

My friend Chad is considered one of the top 20 Street Fighter Alpha 3 players in the states. I've beaten him before, albeit I wasn't button mashing, but I do suck ass at A3. However, the overwhelming majority of the time, he beat me.

1 time out of 100 is about right there...however, in a tournament, play is usually set to best 2/3, double elimination. If you suck ass, and you are up against a good player and mash a victory out, you still have to win once more. And the odds against that are pretty damn high.

The reason fighting games have always been something of a niche product is because they aren't a game type you can pick up and play within a few hours with any degree of success. It's a genre which takes dedication and practice to be any sort of good. They were essentially made that way, ever since SF2: World Warrior, and SF2 is about as simple as they ever got(and that game is more complex then most people give it credit for). It doesn't matter where you are going with your argument because those simple facts remain, and anything you say countering those facts is wrong. I may not be a fighting game powerhouse, but I know how it works.

hey but you can't argue with someone gots to win the lottery right well same odds as a botton masher winning a toriment just becsue the odds are aginst me dosen't mean i can't beat the best players in the best torment in the world because i can.

Well don't sing it! Bring it! I'd say the odds of you winning a good tournament (as in one with a decent playerbase) aren't as good as winning the lottery if all ya gonna do is button mash. Button mashing beats the computer. It beats people who aren't very good. It beats other button mashers. But that's it. And even then the odds aren't for you.

You want to prove your point, I'm sure you can find a tournament for some fighter game around there...stuff goes on everywhere. Best players are for the most part in California and New York though, albeit there are regional good players (Toronto and Nebraska are both renowned for being good at SF3: 3rd Strike). Michigan, well...we HAD Samurai Shodown.

Well don't sing it! Bring it! I'd say the odds of you winning a good tournament (as in one with a decent playerbase) aren't as good as winning the lottery if all ya gonna do is button mash. Button mashing beats the computer. It beats people who aren't very good. It beats other button mashers. But that's it. And even then the odds aren't for you.

THANK YOU!That is what I have been trying to say.Geeze... :D :roll: :P

well here in New Brunswick where i m right now there isn't much. But lets figure out the odds that is here in canada they are 49*48*47*46*45*44=

OK well now the odds i'm going to push the right botton combo is 8 directons keys and what like 5 move keys say i have to push the right one 20 time in a game to win and beat the orhter guy

so 8*5*20=800 so i got 1 in 800 chance of winning so in a toenitment i would have to win like 40 games ok 800*40=32000 i like those odds