IGNORED

HSC7 Bonus Round "Time for Desert"

Attack Mutant Camels - 966

That should be good enough to get you onto Twin Galaxies scoreboard.

This game really looks like radioactive camels playing football with you getting in there to intervene and getting tossed around like a football yourself. Their football looks like that + sign that they throw (emit) and then they mistake you (the Jets from NY) as another football.

Well, I just got all the treasures on Pharaoh's Curse, level 3. I didn't get a pic (it went into demo mode before I was able). I did not complete the game, as I ended up in a shootout that I was not able to control, and lost all of my remaining lives one screen away from the initial (end game) screen. Bummer.

I remember playing this game over and over again as a kid, just to try to learn the special codes: "syn" ... "is" ... "tops" ...

I'll put you down for 16 treasures and one bonus point... would you like a bag with that or are you going to store them in Rollo's hair:?: If you complete the game I'll award you another one if we see a screen shot. We have a8isa1 in the pole position for 1 bonus for Baja Buggies... checkout post #87 for details on the bonus real HSC points :!:

That should be good enough to get you onto Twin Galaxies scoreboard.

Ouch :!:

This game really looks like radioactive camels playing football with you getting in there to intervene and getting tossed around like a football yourself. Their football looks like that + sign that they throw (emit) and then they mistake you (the Jets from NY) as another football.

That's where you're going wrong... you are not a football, say it after me, "I am not a football... I am small powerful space craft that can fly at camel sock level and duck under their feet without getting kicked at all" :D

Only another 138,614-41=138,573 (always show your working) more camel points and you'll catch me up :P

table updated (post #2) Goochman up to 3rd :ponder:

I knew it was only a matter of time before the real heavy hitters would come out and ruin things! :x

It was fun while it lasted. :D

I can still dream of keeping a top 5 position in Baja Buggy! :P

- Steve

I suggest telling moderator to lock up the thread; that way your scores/position will remain fixed in the standings.

• Like 1

I knew it was only a matter of time before the real heavy hitters would come out and ruin things! :x

- Steve

Just played Tut again with one stick, still managed 78K, if the bit you were stuck on is the top left spawn point of the screenshot below then all you need to do is get right next to it, keep fire held in then zip across (and down) once you've killed a few and it looks like they are small white blobs ;)

Tips time

Tut- If you hold the stick up when moving (up) or below a wall it fires left otherwise if fires right! Understanding this makes things much easier, in fact apart from the bomb probably easier to play than 2 sticks. If you're really stuck just strategically sacrifice a man to get past a bit ;)

And how come this ones taken me 20 days to suss: For screen shots press select a couple of times on the title screen to jump to level 3 you can then read it :!:

Camels 147,813 - (5th batch?) don't do what I did and stretch before the hyperwarp pleased with yourself for wiping out a camel train only to find that despite a desperate grab for the joystick you've been skewered :x

Lost Tomb - discharge your bullets before exiting the room to go down the stairs

Failed to improve on LT (28K) looks like there's a challenge on :twisted:

table updated

post-19705-12796466823_thumb.jpg

post-19705-127964669237_thumb.jpg

post-19705-12796467018_thumb.jpg

- Steve

I suggest telling moderator to lock up the thread; that way your scores/position will remain fixed in the standings.

LOL

- Steve

Just played Tut again with one stick, still managed 78K, if the bit you were stuck on is the top left spawn point of the screenshot below then all you need to do is get right next to it, keep fire held in then zip across (and down) once you've killed a few and it looks like they are small white blobs ;)

Tips time

Tut- If you hold the stick up when moving (up) or below a wall it fires left otherwise if fires right! Understanding this makes things much easier, in fact apart from the bomb probably easier to play than 2 sticks. If you're really stuck just strategically sacrifice a man to get past a bit ;)

Okay, I tried that trick of holding the joystick to determine firing direction but it only helps when you are cornered in. I think this game just moves too much-- it should stop when no direction is being pressed on the joystick. Anyway, I also tried level 16 and got 9250 but barely missed getting to level 17 (if there is one).

post-12094-127965519096_thumb.jpg

Rollo... Heh. Took me a second, but that's funny.

OK, I think I'm Pharaoh'd out now. I played again today, and actually completed the game (on level 3). It's not much harder than the other levels, except that the shooting guys show up more (and the confounded bird too). The shooters also seem a little more erratic (and maybe faster).

I did take two pics. One on the next to last screen after all gems had been obtained, and one on the final (or first) screen. The ending was a little disappointing. I was expecting it to at least tell me "Good Job!" or something, but all it did was cycle all the screens (like it does whenever the game ends), and then show the level 3 password again. One interesting thing, though, is that it didn't go into the demo mode like yesterday after I'd lost all my lives. It actually went into attract mode (with my score remaining).

post-3351-127965725162_thumb.jpg

post-3351-127965726216_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fres

I think having a 5 game bonus round was a good idea. :thumbsup:

I'd like to see a bonus round every few months, maybe increase the amount of games to 6 or 7. :)

And have one of the games be a pinball game. :)

Well you have two rounds of Buggy and another round for a bonus point so it's like play three buggy games + the other games.

My latest buggy score on course 1 pro:

post-16716-12796594967_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the comments RR - will sort a pinball game in the next bonus round, by hook or by crook! Keep up the good work guys :thumbsup: I know we have at least one more player in the wings :!:

Goochman - I'll put you down for two bonus HSC points for Pharaoh's Curse same as Fres.

And if you think I'm happy with being third on Lost Tomb then you are sadly mistaken, now where did I leave my whip? :-D

table updated

Thanks for the comments RR - will sort a pinball game in the next bonus round, by hook or by crook! Keep up the good work guys :thumbsup: I know we have at least one more player in the wings :!:

Goochman - I'll put you down for two bonus HSC points for Pharaoh's Curse same as Fres.

And if you think I'm happy with being third on Lost Tomb then you are sadly mistaken, now where did I leave my whip? :-D

table updated

Why two bonus points-- because they have been here a long time? Is this some sort of seniority bias?

I finally figured this buggy thing out. This is pro course 2. I would have done better in pro course 1 as well but the phone kept ringing and I just lost the groooooooooove (some o's are silent).

post-16716-127971862814_thumb.jpg

table updated

Why two bonus points-- because they have been here a long time? Is this some sort of seniority bias?

I finally figured this buggy thing out. This is pro course 2. I would have done better in pro course 1 as well but the phone kept ringing and I just lost the groooooooooove (some o's are silent).

Cos I thought level 3 most treasures would be tough and keep people busy, seeing I haven't beaten level 0... then I was led to believe finishing level 3 finished the game but then there are more levels so it was either upset fres or please goochman so I went for that... still plenty of bonus points to be had for all... start by killing just one little 90 foot high laser-spitting neutronium shielded death camel :!:

Lost Tomb 46,300

remembered to go to 2nd throne room (10) and picked up 4K (no not you) there then got as far as room 12 but kept dying when reloading... bought 2 lots of whips en route (erm "whip noise" anyone want to spell it :?: )

post-19705-127973036353_thumb.jpg

;)

I wouldn't have been upset about the bonus points. I like playing Pharaoh's Curse (and all the old games). I hadn't noticed that anything changes after level 3, though, so I just called it level 3.

Oh, and I haven't been posting here very long. hehe! It just looks like I have because I joined AtariAge so long ago.

Thanks for the bonus. Hopefully this will keep me up with Orpheus (we're neighbors).

Edited by Fres