IGNORED

Classic99 Updates

Tursi

9 hours ago, retrodroid said:

I can't miss this rare opportunity to be pedantic!

😉

Yes. It's so rare for people to be pedantic at me.

I don't actually care what they classify it as, I still don't support it. Henceforth I'll call it "that stupid thing that lets people pirate windows without actually pirating it", or "TSTTLPPWWAPI", pronounced "Thhhhhttttttpt!" ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tursi said:

Yes. It's so rare for people to be pedantic at me.

I don't actually care what they classify it as, I still don't support it. Henceforth I'll call it "that stupid thing that lets people pirate windows without actually pirating it", or "TSTTLPPWWAPI", pronounced "Thhhhhttttttpt!" ;)

Hmmm saw that first time in SPIDERMAN comic 

"Thhhhhttttttpt!"

• Like 1

On 2/4/2024 at 7:42 PM, Tursi said:

Well, my license explicitly prohibits sites from changing the archive. Recompiling and redistributing is a full on violation. (Fortunately I am pretty sure they aren't building it, as the build system is a mess and few people ever have. ;) )

I'm aware of EmuFrance. They used to be pretty quick to pick up the updates, but they used to just link to me too ;)

I know I am not crazy, it is what I relayed.
It seems to have been corrected since I checked.

Hell, maybe I am just crazy.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

- added RXB2024b

- turn off AMS register level debug (missed this in the git commit notes)

- fix TIPI captured mouse hiding

- add INI option "bankedConsoleGROMs" - set to 1 and console GROMs will respond to separate bases too. Not tested at all and I expect this to crash a lot in normal use, but see if that does what you wanted, Gary. Let me know if you create a test case I can use for future development of that option.

https://harmlesslion.com/software/classic99/

Webpage may take 24 hours to update, but the zip should be correct.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

This update is worth mentioning - file system fix. It's a gotcha. ;)

Classic99 399.069

This fixes a detection issue accessing DF128 headerless on FIAD if any part of your disk path contains a period (assuming an extension exists, which isn't allowed). It was checking the entire path instead of just the filename. 

Note you can always bypass that restriction using the ".?X" option (ie: DSK1.?X.WIN.EXE would allow opening an exe as DF128).

Also:

• mute "Skipped 0 sentences on shut up" message (we don't care if it was 0)
  • fixed case of DLL load on FilterDLL.dll and hq4xdll.dll for those running from case sensitive filesystems. (If you renamed the DLLs, you may have to rename them back).
  • emit a warning in the debug log if loading a DSR to an invalid CRU base
  • correct address wraparound in the 9901 address mapping
  • add interrupt pin warning to debug log in the 9901 emulation (Classic99 does not support 9901 hardware interrupts)
  • don't spam the same debug statement repeatedly to the log (note: no timeout. If you NEED to see a repeated statement, force another one in between. For instance, press Control to get the speech clear debug)
  • also note the external debugger (debugview) is NOT filtered this way, so that you have best visibility there

Given that bug has been in there since I first added DF128 headerless support, it's probably a pretty obscure case. But there was no help in the debug log when it happened, so worth fixing. ;)

As usual, the web site may require 24 hours to update but the download zip is uploaded (edit: looks like I got in right before the update ran ;) )

https://harmlesslion.com/software/classic99

(Regarding the 3 uploads comment from way back, yeah. I had to push to git, then ftp the zip to my server, then go into my database update tool and write the update there. Now I just push to git and everything else is automated. ;) )

Edited by Tursi
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

The 9901 interrupt pin was an interesting gotcha too... I accidentally turned on interrupts on the joystick left line when I added the SID Blaster support to Super Space Acer.

I didn't realize it was interrupts until I asked ArcadeShopper to try it and he reported that it lit up the PEB. ;)

Basically, I was turning on the SID blaster by writing to the keyboard column select at CRU 24. But, I accidentally wrote >24.

The result was holding left would freeze the game while the console ROM tried to figure out which DSR asked for an interrupt. Since Classic99 didn't support 9901 pin interrupts, there was no real help there. >24 is 36, but the CRU pin space is only 32 bits long, and Classic99 also wasn't wrapping the address around in that space like it was supposed to. (Bit at address 4 is joystick left.) Soooo.. those two changes to the 9901 code came out of my needing several days to figure that out. 

Though it's kind of neat to know that yes, joystick and keyboard inputs can trigger interrupts. ;)

• Like 7

Windows 10 just stole my Classic99.exe file.  

I attempted to launch it (for the second time, after initially telling it that it's okay to run this "new " software.)  And it basically popped up a window telling me Classic99.exe contains either a virus, or potentially malicious software.  And then it just took it out of the folder.  It stole it.  It won't give me it back.   So rude!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/20/2024 at 10:43 PM, Retrospect said:

Windows 10 just stole my Classic99.exe file.  

I attempted to launch it (for the second time, after initially telling it that it's okay to run this "new " software.)  And it basically popped up a window telling me Classic99.exe contains either a virus, or potentially malicious software.  And then it just took it out of the folder.  It stole it.  It won't give me it back.   So rude!  

Maybe Windows is afraid you are working on a new simulator and is playing hard to get   :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Tursi said:

It's so weird.  Running latest Win 10 (22h2), not a peep.  Just downloaded very latest, ran fine.  I am using Windows Defender, maybe I'll try with Spectrum's Security Suite, just to see if it complains.

Getting more and more instances of false positives. At least I hope they're false!! ;)

Every single one is an AI detection, so far.

59 minutes ago, dhe said:

I'm wondering if...  down the road....

Hey for the right amount of $, well make sure your software doesn't get flagged. =(

Strangely, my 399.065 version isn't flagged... don't know, above my pay grade.

Thinking the same myself. They're wanting someone running Windows to only use MS approved, aka. "licensed" "certified", software?

1 hour ago, RickyDean said:

Thinking the same myself. They're wanting someone running Windows to only use MS approved, aka. "licensed" "certified", software?

I'm sure they've thought about it many times.

I dunno if signing it will help... I keep meaning to buy a cert and find out. Just hate the idea of a recurring yearly cost for something that's supposed to just be a hobby. I guess I could go subscription, lootbox and DLC like everything else?

Classic99 399 Ultra! Only $2.99/month, comes with 1 disk drive and 32k RAM, just like your original system! Install AMS for only $19.99, and every drive is only another $12!

Or purchase the random "PEBBOX" for $7.99 and you'll never know which expansion you might unlock! It might even be the rare Video controller, or the side-car acoustic coupler (you'll have to hold your phone against your PC speakers for this one.)

Philosopher's Stone" Scrooge McDuck Ceramic Art Tile by Paul ...

• Haha 6