IGNORED

Classic99 Updates

Tursi

Posted (edited)

[roms]
cartgroup=2
cartidx=1 changed from 0 to 1

WORKS!!

Thanks for tolerating me you guys!! This was a user error on my part...I've typed so much...worked in gimp for hours on end...and it was a simple number being 0 or 1.

Edited by kat71753
  • Like 2

For those of you who like this sort of thing; here’s some TI-99 sidecar cartridge pics of the subject cart.  😂 

Eagle eyed viewers among us will see that this cart can actually support 24K of EPROMs (3 x 8K - one in DSR space, and two in upper 32K), and TMM2016 2K RAM IC.  Along with a 74LS138.

What they were planning on doing with the TMM2016, I have no idea.

IMG_1011.jpeg

IMG_1003.jpeg

IMG_1004.jpeg

IMG_1005.jpeg

IMG_1006.jpeg

IMG_1007.jpeg

IMG_1008.jpeg

IMG_1009.jpeg

IMG_1010.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kat71753 said:

Am I missing something here regarding AMS mode 2? (There is no mention of AMS mode in the pdf. Is this a reference to sams?) 

AMS was the original designation of the SAMS card when it was just a 128k to 256k card. When it started going higher in capacity, it was renamed the SAMS. I believe this references that original name.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, acadiel said:

For those of you who like this sort of thing; here’s some TI-99 sidecar cartridge pics of the subject cart.  😂 

Eagle eyed viewers among us will see that this cart can actually support 24K of EPROMs (3 x 8K - one in DSR space, and two in upper 32K), and TMM2016 2K RAM IC.  Along with a 74LS138.

What they were planning on doing with the TMM2016, I have no idea.

IMG_1011.jpeg

IMG_1003.jpeg

IMG_1004.jpeg

IMG_1005.jpeg

IMG_1006.jpeg

IMG_1007.jpeg

IMG_1008.jpeg

IMG_1009.jpeg

IMG_1010.jpeg

If you trace out the PCboard signals and the 138, most likely the ram chip mapped to the 2000 space.

• Like 3

On 5/12/2024 at 10:35 AM, JasonACT said:

Should have used @>6000 :)  Yes, I looked too.  I'd call it a small bug.

Technically though, the emulators (I tried a couple) are setting the wrong initial bank for inverted cartridge files being loaded.

I have no real opinion on that being a bug.

And 6000 dec = 1770 hex.

I have actually changed JS99er now to start up in the last bank for inverted cartridges. I don't know if it's more correct, but at least it's symmetric. 🙂

• Like 4

On 5/12/2024 at 2:35 AM, JasonACT said:

Should have used @>6000 :)  Yes, I looked too.  I'd call it a small bug.

Technically though, the emulators (I tried a couple) are setting the wrong initial bank for inverted cartridge files being loaded.

I have no real opinion on that being a bug.

The hardware used on real cartridges has no defined startup state. In practice, some chips start in the first bank, some start in the last bank. Very rarely they may start in the middle.

But there's no "wrong initial bank" because there is no "right initial bank" for the general use case.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, kat71753 said:

I don't know if it's because I'm emulating a window's environment in linux or what but on mine I can't scroll in the left pane nor is it resizable.
image.thumb.png.5a4d4fbfdc8dd149915768d9f9a2ddfc.png

No, it's because the window was flickering after I enlarged it, and I had to switch from a text box to a bitmap.

In the latest version there is a copy command under View that will copy the raw text to the clipboard - you can paste that into notepad to see it all. Or you can use an external viewer like https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/debugview

(I don't know if outputdebugstring works in Wine...)

Edited by Tursi
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, kat71753 said:

Yeah it's clipping info off...I've never seen that "Type 8" in the debugger on carts that I know for sure are.
Am I missing something here regarding AMS mode 2? (There is no mention of AMS mode in the pdf. Is this a reference to sams?)  I just did a drag n drop of the bin. 2xxxxx ...ain't the right line for what I was doing just saw the 16384 which is 4000 in hex.

killercater.bin 16 kB · 3 downloads

The AMS only has one active mode right now, a 32MB expansion. It's nothing to worry about. I can't remember what mode 2 means anymore but I would expect that to go away. ;)

6 hours ago, kat71753 said:

[roms]
cartgroup=2
cartidx=1 changed from 0 to 1

WORKS!!

Thanks for tolerating me you guys!! This was a user error on my part...I've typed so much...worked in gimp for hours on end...and it was a simple number being 0 or 1.

If you set up the cartridge in the INI file, then select it to test it, and close the emulator - that value should be set correctly for you by the emulator ;)

21 hours ago, Tursi said:

If you set up the cartridge in the INI file, then select it to test it, and close the emulator - that value should be set correctly for you by the emulator ;)

I got it. Both Arcturus and Killer Caterpillar.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1I8re7R_mDO4mt5VmG7UXAGbTLENMPiRu

I included a tutorial for my project. I've tested it myself...works awesome in steam.

• Like 3