IGNORED

Super Circus AtariAge (new WIP)

PacManPlus

So I suppose that means I'll miss out unless I get an XM?

Nope! You just won't have any sound effects or music ;).

That's unfortunate. I can't justify buying something as intangible as the XM. I would have loved to contribute to Bob and this game, however.

Perhaps another time. I do hope his rendition of Frenzy isn't XM-only as well.

Hi guys, and thank you for the feedback. Here is the order of PMs I got last night:

1. Mitch*

2. the.golden.ax - Stand-Alone Version

3. Propane13 - Stand-Alone Version

4. GaryH917

5. Almost Rice - Stand-Alone Version

6. jwierer (I owe you one - I know) ;)

7. Atari_Falcon - Stand-Alone Version

8. mimo

9. gambler172

10. edweird13

11. atomickneedrop

12. swlovinist

13. Zoyx

14. AtariNerd

15. JonnyBritish

16. cmart604

17. TrekMD

18. Tubular Gearhead

19. Mayhem

20. Bill_Loguidice

21. rmaerz

22. lucifershalo x 2

23. doyman

24. Austin

25. purenergy

26. Godzilla x 2

27. UberArcade

28. SpiceWare

29. _Fandal_

30. Corby

31. durkada

32. Compumater

All are XM versions unless otherwise noted.

At this point I would rather not sacrifice any more Ballblazer carts, as it seems they've gotten more scarce. :( If there are any of you on this list getting the XM, please let me know.

Thanks,

Bob

I will take one xm version..thanks

• Like 1

If you're open to taking a donor cart, put me down for a standalone version.

Otherwise...I'll have to think about it. Honestly, there's only two games on XM that interest me so far (this, and GroovyBee's Halloween). So if you're open to taking a donor cart, I'll make the "sacrifice" (as I have another copy of Ballblazer...might even have more than two, actually....)

All added. Thank you.

However, at this point I am not going to make *any* stand alone carts. I don't want any problems between someone who got one and other people who waited for the XM. This was intended as an XM game, so that's what it should be. I apologize to anyone who wanted the Stand-Alone version. I've been reading all of the back-and-forth in the XM thread, and I don't want to add to that by making two different kinds of carts.

I hope you understand.

I need to send a PM to Almost Rice, the.golden.ax, Propane13, and Atari_Falcon to see if they still want theirs as an XM cart.

Thanks,

Bob

EDIT: I cannot send PMs for some reason. I get the following error in the Orange Box:

The following errors were found

Array

This personal message has not been sent

Don't know what that means, so I hope Almost Rice, Propane13 and Atari_Falcon have read this post (the.goldex.ax already contacted me).

Thanks,

Bob

However, at this point I am not going to make *any* stand alone carts. [...] I've been reading all of the back-and-forth in the XM thread, and I don't want to add to that by making two different kinds of carts.

I hope you understand.

Sure do.

Is there much of a trick to it if I want to make my own standalone cart for my own use, aside from finding a cart with a POKEY chip? I think I saw mention of an 'LS04 chip somewhere earlier.

(Were I to do this, I wouldn't think it inappropriate to pay a royalty of some sort for the code, especially if you aren't releasing the final version.)

Hi guys, and thank you for the feedback. Here is the order of PMs I got last night:

1. Mitch*

2. the.golden.ax

3. Propane13

4. GaryH917

5. Almost Rice

6. jwierer (I owe you one - I know) ;)

7. Atari_Falcon

8. mimo

9. gambler172

10. edweird13

11. atomickneedrop

12. swlovinist

13. Zoyx

14. AtariNerd

15. JonnyBritish

16. cmart604

17. TrekMD

18. Tubular Gearhead

19. Mayhem

20. Bill_Loguidice

21. rmaerz

22. lucifershalo x 2

23. doyman

24. Austin

25. purenergy

26. Godzilla x 2

27. UberArcade

28. SpiceWare

29. _Fandal_

30. Corby

31. durkada

32. Compumater

33. streps

34. jinks

35. ntavio

36. Madaracs

37. atariappleman

38. keitaro

All are XM versions.

At this point I would rather not sacrifice any more Ballblazer carts, as it seems they've gotten more scarce. :( If there are any of you on this list getting the XM, please let me know.

Thanks,

Bob

Sorry Bob, I was out of the loop for a few weeks - any chance I can get an XM cart of this? I've paid for the system, etc.....I'm totally in and will pay immediately. I'll pay for any cart you do immediately, as I have in the past. Let me know and thanks.

Thursday83

Hey Bob!

Somehow I missed out on this news until now, so I hope I am not too late to reserve an XM copy. Can I be added to the list please?

BTW, will the XM version use the same label? If you'd like, I could incorporate the artwork into one of my XM label samples to differentiate the two versions.

Either which way, thanks for all your efforts on this great game!

Do you have a projected time frame for release? I'd like a copy, but I won't be able to afford it for a month or two. I wouldn't mind an XM copy, because even if I don't have one when I get the cart, I can always get one later(which is what I'm pretty much planning on, assuming they don't sell out.)

Is there much of a trick to it if I want to make my own standalone cart for my own use, aside from finding a cart with a POKEY chip? I think I saw mention of an 'LS04 chip somewhere earlier.

(Were I to do this, I wouldn't think it inappropriate to pay a royalty of some sort for the code, especially if you aren't releasing the final version.)

I'd rather not have any stand-alone carts made, please. I want to keep this as an XM release only, so there are no issues between people that don't have an XM and people that do.

Hey Bob!

Somehow I missed out on this news until now, so I hope I am not too late to reserve an XM copy. Can I be added to the list please?

BTW, will the XM version use the same label? If you'd like, I could incorporate the artwork into one of my XM label samples to differentiate the two versions.

Either which way, thanks for all your efforts on this great game!

Thanks :) I am re-doing the label (of this and Pac-Man Collection) with the 'XM Enhanced' lables that you gave me (Should have done that from the start). :)

...and thank you for the compliments

Iggy*SJB' date='Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:19 AM' timestamp='1298737191' post='2219962']

Do you have a projected time frame for release? I'd like a copy, but I won't be able to afford it for a month or two. I wouldn't mind an XM copy, because even if I don't have one when I get the cart, I can always get one later(which is what I'm pretty much planning on, assuming they don't sell out.)

Well, I just got the carts in, and it's doing to take me some time to de-solder all of them and get them made. Also, I am waiting for something to test them on as I will not send them out without testing them on the real thing first. So you have time.

Also, the list has been updated.

Thanks,

Bob

Iggy*SJB' date='Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:19 AM' timestamp='1298737191' post='2219962']

Well, I just got the carts in, and it's doing to take me some time to de-solder all of them and get them made. Also, I am waiting for something to test them on as I will not send them out without testing them on the real thing first. So you have time.

Also, the list has been updated.

Thanks,

Bob

Awesome! In that case, add me to the list, please. :D

• 3 weeks later...

I'd rather not have any stand-alone carts made, please. I want to keep this as an XM release only, so there are no issues between people that don't have an XM and people that do.

Bummer. This was the only 7800 title I ever really wanted to own.

Don't have an XM and don't plan to get one for one title.

Thanks anyway for all the effort you put in and best of luck with the game.

Edited by BigO

What's the final word? Playing this on a standard 7800 (no XM) gets you TIA sounds, or silence?

Silence. I used the Pokey only mostly because of the music/sfx (4 channels).

@BigO: I'm sorry. I'm just trying to avoid a problem. Also, like I stated earlier, because of O'Sheas' lack of vision/caring, Ballblazer carts aren't as common as they once were. :(

[rant]BTW, I called them to see if they had any 7800 games left at all. The guy there (most of you know who he is) said he was pretty sure he did, and he would get back to me. That was two months ago. I even sent an e-mail reminder. Must be nice to have so many sales that you don't need to call potential customers back :-/ [/rant]

I cannot edit the original post with the list, so I've made a new one:

1. Mitch*

2. the.golden.ax

3. Propane13

4. GaryH917

5. Almost Rice

6. jwierer (I owe you one - I know)

7. Atari_Falcon

8. mimo

9. gambler172

10. edweird13

11. atomickneedrop

12. swlovinist

13. Zoyx

14. AtariNerd

15. JonnyBritish

16. cmart604

17. TrekMD

18. Tubular Gearhead

19. Mayhem

20. Bill_Loguidice

21. rmaerz

22. lucifershalo x 2

23. doyman

24. Austin

25. purenergy

26. Godzilla x 2

27. UberArcade

28. SpiceWare

29. _Fandal_

30. Corby

31. durkada

32. Compumater

33. streps

34. jinks

35. ntavio

36. Madaracs

37. atariappleman

38. keitaro

39. Thursday83

40. Lendorien

41. killersquirel

42. Cebus Capucinis

43. PAC-MAN PRIME

44. Lord Thag

45. retrogmr

46. remowilliams

47. retrogc

48. DensB68

49. jpatters

50. [d2f]Iggy*SJB

51. ckirkman

52. diggs130

53. Atari Dogs

54. tremoloman2006

55. atarian63

56. atarigal

57. toymailman

58. lapetino

59. HatNJ

60. horseboy

61. eddhead

62. DarthCloud

Update - I have the donor carts in, Although De-soldering them has become a much bigger project than it used to be for me. :( I'm also waiting on an XM module, as I won't send anything out without testing it first.

Thanks for waiting,

Bob

• Like 3