IGNORED

HSC Season 3 Week 2: Dig Dug

I have a MAME machine and I like this game enough to get started with it, though I'm not good at it at all. I do however wonder about setting the games up right for this HSC.

How does one set the dip switches and such to be sure one is playing right for this club in MAME?

Seems likely I should know this as I went through the trouble of building the machine and all, but honestly I thought I'd get the machine working before I worried about this kind of detail. Any help would be great.

Thanks for your time, I look forward to posting my ever so tiny scores.

I have a MAME machine and I like this game enough to get started with it, though I'm not good at it at all. I do however wonder about setting the games up right for this HSC.

How does one set the dip switches and such to be sure one is playing right for this club in MAME?

Seems likely I should know this as I went through the trouble of building the machine and all, but honestly I thought I'd get the machine working before I worried about this kind of detail. Any help would be great.

Thanks for your time, I look forward to posting my ever so tiny scores.

On MAME32 i press TAB to bring up the options, then select dip switches, then you can change the dip switch settings.

Press TAB again to exit options.

I hope that helps. :)

On MAME32 i press TAB to bring up the options, then select dip switches, then you can change the dip switch settings.

Thats the perfect answer. I was hoping it was that easy. I have a tab button on the control panel and I was hoping to avoid the keyboard as much as possible. Thanks a million. I could have looked this up but my work computer stops anything it labels as "Games" (yet alows this site for now atleast). Checking it at home means getting my wife off the computer and that can be tough as she works from home on it so.... You just saved me a lot of trouble. Thanks again.

Thats the perfect answer. I was hoping it was that easy. I have a tab button on the control panel and I was hoping to avoid the keyboard as much as possible. Thanks a million. I could have looked this up but my work computer stops anything it labels as "Games" (yet alows this site for now atleast). Checking it at home means getting my wife off the computer and that can be tough as she works from home on it so.... You just saved me a lot of trouble. Thanks again.

You're welcome :)

Edited by roadrunner

Slight improvement but the best game I have had to date.

That bumps you up to fourth place so you picked up two more points if the competition ends now...

I'll take it! I forgot how fun this game is. Now I have the urge to play Mr. Do! as well! They used to sit side by side at the old pizza parlor around here. ;)

I won't get the chance to do any better as I'm taking off camping with the kids in a few hours.

A little bit off topic but what the hell,

where can i get the sound samples for Subroc 3D and Tailgunner?

I don't see them at ArcadeAtHome.com

And i'm i the only one that had some trouble trying to get a good control set up for Battlezone?

And how about Front Line. This game seems very difficult to play on MAME, or is it just me?

Beep! Beep!

I finally remapped the controls correctly for Front Line. :)

I got over 3,000 points. :)

We now return to your regularly scheduled program. :)

Never played Dig Dug in arcade format before this week. I dig it and my wife likes it enough to enjoy me talking about it too. This could be a good thing. First post for this HSC. I thought I would be in a better place with it but I see there are people here on the verge of 100,000. Maybe I can improve this before this game is over, but I'll take this if nothing else comes up.

post-26868-12824515566_thumb.jpg