IGNORED

The Phoenix Has Risen

Understandable. You can't see it right now and you are mad. Sorry to hear that. I knew from the outset, that not everyone was going to like the announcement anyhow, that is life (can't please everyone all of the time).

how can we not like it, you haven't made any announcement yet.

(1) How can you not expect people to think this is a hoax?

and if you can understand that,

(2) Why start a thread such as this, other than as a hoax.

[Lest you miscalculate my expectations, I'll let you know I expect more hoax, as a response to this, if any response at all]

• Like 1

(1) How can you not expect people to think this is a hoax?

and if you can understand that,

(2) Why start a thread such as this, other than as a hoax.

[Lest you miscalculate my expectations, I'll let you know I expect more hoax, as a response to this, if any response at all]

Why must you be so angry?

:P

It is not a hoax but I understand why you think it is. Things change behind the scenes, new agreements are made, and promotion must be adjusted to accommodate the situation. This is going to happen, and soon. Just have a little faith in something cool coming soon.

For those interested in playing the game, following along or whatever, here is another clue as to what the Dark Phoenix is:

A magazine.

Does that help?

Raskar, I like your sig.

Chris, I am sorry that you feel that way. Yes this has been running a lot longer than I initially planned but that is life.

Edited by triverse

lol @JayWi. It is coming.

I don't doubt that it's coming. My only "issue" is I just think it's funny that someone would post a teaser about something six months in advance of release (assuming it will really be released soon), with NO details about what it is, only extremely vague "hints". It's just...... odd. It's different for something like the 7800 XM because we know what it is, there's no secret. So you can announce it way in advance, and should, to gauge interest. But with zero real details about what it is, it's usually best to just wait until pretty darn close to release (or at actual release). Otherwise, it's just poor marketing.

• Like 1

Triverse, Personally, I have been giving you crap just for the sake of giving you crap. Kudos for taking all of this in a lighthearted way, but consider this; If this project has been hard to get off the ground, maybe letting folks know what it is all about might provide impetus to the effort. Maybe someone could help with part of it, or you may even just be able to show support for the concept to get backing or help from other sources. Just a thought.

It wasn't supposed to drag out this long, basically. I understand the frustration of those that have followed this thread (and the others on other sites), I feel the same way. This is a business deal, both Phoenix's are. I was vague with hints because I figured anyone that followed this closely would see, it is posted in Gaming Publications and Websites (a hint to the format of either Phoenix) and that those same people would see my signature that was used during that time (I changed it after it was clear that it was not a clear enough hint) being one to Out-of-Print Archive, another hint (OoPA deals with magazines and ones that we have received permission from to archive their works, again, another major hint). The Phoenix term was used to describe the content owner's careers in their field, both have "died" financially and have definite ends and new beginnings.

The initial idea was that there would be some guessing and such from readers and that this could have been a fun little game to play (the vague hints were given in lieu of valid guesses, which obviously backfired in many ways).

@Chuck, no biggie man, I have stalkers that do a lot worse than what is said here to me regularly. One even spent money to get my contact information and commenced to calling and harassing me and my family over my unwillingness to release magazines at OoPA against a publishers' wishes not to. I was threatened and my family was threatened, over some magazines. That guy even made some Youtube videos about me. That is a little hardcore and ridiculous if you ask me. We are all here to have a little fun and get away from our daily lives. It is all good as long as my family is left out of it. lol

To every one else that is mad at me, or feels I am an idiot when it comes to marketing, I can't say anything to change your minds. Besides, at this point I could tell you it is EGM and no one would believe me.

Edited by triverse

No worries, thanks for the open and transparent explanation, that really goes a long way at this point. I was just having fun giving you a hard time as well. Looking forward to the eventual rise of the Dark Phoenix.

No worries, thanks for the open and transparent explanation, that really goes a long way at this point. I was just having fun giving you a hard time as well. Looking forward to the eventual rise of the Dark Phoenix.

I am not taking anything said here personally, no worries there. I at least owe you guys some kind of explanation so that you all at least know where I stand on this situation. I personally like the discussion on an otherwise slow section of the forums.

• 2 weeks later...

Hahaa.... EGM eh? That would be interesting if they decide to release digital mags. I just hope they're better quality than the crap Retro Gamer and Games tm mags Imagine released where the pics have been de-rezzed sooo much to make a small download that they look like utter crap. Seriously, why can't publishers release a high quality version for those prepared to download one for their iPad as well as the small size file for people using phones etc? Beats me ... let's just hope EGM don't take a leaf out of Imagine's book and do the same or they won't be getting any of my money.

Hahaa.... EGM eh? That would be interesting if they decide to release digital mags. I just hope they're better quality than the crap Retro Gamer and Games tm mags Imagine released where the pics have been de-rezzed sooo much to make a small download that they look like utter crap. Seriously, why can't publishers release a high quality version for those prepared to download one for their iPad as well as the small size file for people using phones etc? Beats me ... let's just hope EGM don't take a leaf out of Imagine's book and do the same or they won't be getting any of my money.

On iTunes, there is an artificial file limit for magazines that is set at 150 megs, max. For a smaller magazine, say 60 pages or so, that is not an obstacle. For a magazine that is pushing 300 pages, it is a VERY big problem. I have not seen Retro Gamer or any of the other mags on iPad (don't have one, only have an iPod Touch and well, that already removes a lot of the fun of viewing magazines on it already). It may be a case of the companies going for as small a file size as possible, and only aiming for the iOS market (everything else being a second thought after the fact).

This is not happening with the Dark Phoenix (you guys know who the Phoenix was, it is mentioned up there already). All possible distribution methods are being taken into account and each release is being tailored to the specific limitations of said method of distribution (this is taking into account the file size limits, if any). Basically, the best possible version is going to be made available on each platform it hits.

The quality of the releases is of the utmost importance in this matter (as it has always been for Out-of-Print Archive). We are working hard to be able to release the best possible release as we can (these things take time, slam and scan is not what we do at OoPA, not even close). We think the additional wait time is worth it.

Is it really any secret who the Dark Phoenix really is anymore? Or are you guys just waiting for me to say it (which it won't mean much till it is officially announced by them).

Is it really any secret who the Dark Phoenix really is anymore? Or are you guys just waiting for me to say it (which it won't mean much till it is officially announced by them).

We've been waiting for you to say it for over half a year now. So yeah.

• 3 weeks later...