IGNORED

Star Raiders for the 360?!?!?

King_Salamon

I was browsing the 360 release dates and I see Star Raiders listed for the 360! No pictures but the mention of an Atari release of Star Raiders sounds pretty interesting! I want more info... I wasn't a huge fan of Star Raiders in the day until I read the manual an understood what I was doing... then I was hooked!

Anyone have info on this one?

It's not,it's a remake. CHeck out this page:

Atari Remakes

Apparently centipede and Haunted House(!) are getting remakes too. If you click on the HH link, theres a screenshot. Looks interesting, and it's due out in september.

And I would KILL for a good Star Raiders remake. Here's to hoping it's awesome.

Star Raiders could be very, very, very good and I'm waiting impatiently for more news of it. I'm a Star Raiders fanatic and that game alone was the reason I spent $600 on an Atari800 after playing it in a computer store.

Now, if they would also release an update of M.U.L.E., I'll be in 7th heaven!!!!

Mendon

Star Raiders could be very, very, very good and I'm waiting impatiently for more news of it. I'm a Star Raiders fanatic and that game alone was the reason I spent $600 on an Atari800 after playing it in a computer store.

Now, if they would also release an update of M.U.L.E., I'll be in 7th heaven!!!!

Mendon

Well, there is that fan made MULE update on planetmule.com that I play all the time....but you're right, if they took the time to port it to XBox Live it would make a killing! :)

As far as remakes go, it's not a bad one to choose. I'd hope for more than just a prettier remake, Star Raiders could use an 'all over' kind of upgrade.

It's a good time for it though. Cockpit space combat has been seriously lacking.

All those that are coming out there seem to be on 360. I'm a little jealous.

Where's the love for PS3? It's a better system for usb flightsticks by far.

Edited by Reaperman

I really hate the art direction of the Haunted House remake - it just looks dumb. Hopefully they don't similarly screw up Star Raiders (oh, hey, it's an Atari game, we should make the new version looks like Sid the Science Kid). It's one of my favorite games of all time, though. Still play the cart on my XEGS every so often.

• 1 month later...

I wonder why this (Star Raiders) is being named as a "remake of a 2600 game" when it appeared on the 8-bits (400/800) first.

That was my first thought but most people (me included) didn't play it until it got on the more affordable\popular 2600 and I think that's more recognizable than the 400/800.

Still it would be nice if they can point that out. I didnt get an Atari 800 at all, my buddy at the time bought one around 1982 (or his dad bought it for him :P) and I ended up going to the dark side with a C64 in 1984.

• Like 1

I wonder why this (Star Raiders) is being named as a "remake of a 2600 game" when it appeared on the 8-bits (400/800) first.

Because the people in charge of it are idiots. Check out the teaser trailer. It looks more like Star Fox than Star Raiders.

Agreed; looks like a new Starfox. Every remake of Star Raiders completely lost what made the first game (A800) great. Star Raiders 2 (aka The Last Starfighter) was a shame to be called Star Raiders. ST Star Raiders - while a **little bit** closer lacked the feel. I would have been shocked - completely shocked - if they got this right.

Most "remakes" are just some cheesy other game trying to cash in on the nostalgia of a franchise, with no attention (or understanding) of what made the franchise great in the first place. I guess I can quit pretending that "Atari" is still alive now. I think the Infogrames guys are somewhat clueless; they'd do well to consort with "real Atari fans" but I doubt they even know what that is.

Because the people in charge of it are idiots. Check out the teaser trailer. It looks more like Star Fox than Star Raiders.

Holy crap, they ARE morons. That looks like Star Fox rather than Wing Commander or X-wing. Why would they mention those games and make a Starfox looking game? Where's the cockpit\controls etc?

WTF?