IGNORED

High Score Club 8.05 - Variety Pack 1

Ze_ro

Improved on my Squeeze Box Score: 16,600!

post-9712-128381923037_thumb.jpg

How in the hell?

Seems like after a certain level the game is practically unbeatable. The walls just come in too quick.

Tips please!

Hmmm. I just seen Kaboom! is X20 on points. I just might have to see if I can finally get 100k on the game. :D

Kaboom - 71 - CANNOT play this without paddles. I should invest in a Stelladaptor.

Squeeze Box - 4,410 - never played before. I like this one.

Atlantis - 454,800 - I used to be better with this but emulation isn't the same.

Astroblast - 4,360 - Who in their right mind would play Astroblast that way voluntarily? :roll:

post-21025-128386441438_thumb.png

post-21025-128386442713_thumb.png

post-21025-128386444724_thumb.png

post-21025-128386446338_thumb.png

This is probably all I can "squeeze" out of Squeeze Box. I don't know how that record holder got 654,000+ (whatever it was)

Squeeze Box: 15,730

post-2105-128398020556_thumb.jpg

keilbaca: Try milking as much as you can out of each screen. There is a point of no return though when the blocks keep coming across the entire wall, so be careful. Deteacher may have better tips, though.

I wish my paddles worked better so I could improve my Astroblast score, but they jitter too much although they work good enough for Kaboom. Using a joystick, I'm not even getting close to my personal high score anymore (don't know how I got it to begin with) let alone anyone else's.

Edited by Miss 2600

This is probably all I can "squeeze" out of Squeeze Box. I don't know how that record holder got 654,000+ (whatever it was)

Squeeze Box: 15,730

post-2105-128398020556_thumb.jpg

keilbaca: Try milking as much as you can out of each screen. There is a point of no return though when the blocks keep coming across the entire wall, so be careful. Deteacher may have better tips, though.

I wish my paddles worked better so I could improve my Astroblast score, but they jitter too much although they work good enough for Kaboom. Using a joystick, I'm not even getting close to my personal high score anymore (don't know how I got it to begin with) let alone anyone else's.

No, my tips are pretty much the same. Get as much as you can on the early levels. I don't know if letting the walls grow in while they're moving slow is any help, but it seems to help boost my score...not sure if I can top 20K like Scrabbler, but I'm sure going to try.

I also need to work on my Kaboom! score. Last time we played it, I cracked 10K. Now I can't even get half that. Maybe it's because I'm playing on a larger screen. :) Glad we have another week to play...no better time than the present. :)

I have an obvious soft spot in my heart for Astrosmash. When I saw the 2600 version on the list for this week, that was one I really wanted to play. Since I didn't have the cart, I plugged my paddles into my Stelladaptor and fired up the emulator. The bad news was the continually spinning scoreboard and the game not playing at all with the paddles. (I still don't know how I got 2900 with a joystick.)

The good news was the two-week window for playing this time. So I order an Astroblast cart, which arrived today. I don't know what kind of score I'll end up with, but it's gonna be a lot of fun to see how I can do on this one.

First score from using the hardware:

post-26187-128408955655_thumb.jpg

Ok, I managed to improve enough on a couple scores to make them worth posting:

Kaboom!: 6,378! (I'm finally starting to find my groove on this one...I think I can break 10K again.)

post-9712-128411662866_thumb.jpg

Astroblast: 18,970! (I'm thinking this was more of a lucky run because all games after this weren't even close to this score.) :(

post-9712-128411664628_thumb.jpg

Looks like I need to get back to work on Squeeze Box now. ;)