IGNORED

SC1224 on 8-bit IN COLOR!

puppetmark

Hi there

You have to make a knot on that black cable inside the box icon_winking.gif

Regards

PS: Best Electronics sells the female 13 pin DIN connector, JIC.

Good point, I will add a tie rap around the black cable to secure it. I Got a few 1 pin DIN from an electronics repair shop that deals with stereo equipment. Turns out, Sony used the connector on some audio equipment. Good to know Best still has them, Brad is great to deal with.

-And thanks for the compliments everyone, it was a nice suprise to find this board and really fun to build! icon_mrgreen.gif

Hi

Actually Best sells the 90-degree connector, the kind to be mounted on a PCB.

Yours looks like the ones to be mounted on a chassis, right?

Regards

Correct, I used an 8 pin panel mount female DIN jack. I chose the 8 pin becasue that was enough pins for the output, even if I ever have to add seperate horizontal or vertical sync

Please tell us about the Atari decal seen on the front of your box.

How did you make it?

I had a grapics' artist friend of mine take a high reolution image of the Atari logo, and "trace" it using Adobe illustrator. That way the size and color can be adjusted with out loosing any quality. Then I just printed a sheet of them on clear adhesive-backed paper using a digital copier / printer.

OK, well, maybe I can put a few of these together. There seems to be some interest here.;) Let me think about it a bit - the cost of the parts, the time involved,ect. and see if i can come up with a fair price. I also want to be certain I can deliver these in a timely manor.

I think the seller on e-bay had around 20 or so boards left, and that might be about my limit too. If anyone is seriously interested, let me know so I can guage this accordingly.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Actually Best sells the 90-degree connector, the kind to be mounted on a PCB.

Yours looks like the ones to be mounted on a chassis, right?

Regards

Does anyone know where to get the chassis mount 13 pin DIN for the ST monitor cable to plug into?

Edited by Defender II

Does anyone know where to get the chassis mount 13 pin DIN for the ST monitor cable to plug into?

Try here. I have ordered from them before. They seem ok. The connector is a bit pricy, that's why I went with an 8 pin jack on the box, and made my own 8 pin to 13 pin cable to connect the sc1224.

Anyway, They also have 13 pin DIN plugs as well as pre-wired 13 pin cables.

http://www.packetradio.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=706

I asked the seller if he would ship to the uk over a week ago, still no reply. Could someone state side get one of these for me and ship to the uk ?

Sure. I just sent the seller a message about combining shipping on a few boards. Hopefully I will get a response soon. Strange really, When i started this, I got a response to all my questions very quickly.

I asked the seller if he would ship to the uk over a week ago, still no reply. Could someone state side get one of these for me and ship to the uk ?

Sure. I just sent the seller a message about combining shipping on a few boards. Hopefully I will get a response soon. Strange really, When i started this, I got a response to all my questions very quickly.

Thanks, well he could be away on vacation or something I guess, but store holders usually state that when you try and order from the site, or maybe you bought them all :P

• 2 weeks later...