IGNORED

Jaguar Cartridge End Labels

mrbigreddog

I received mine yesterday. So nice to arrive home after a Mondays work to find these on my door mat. I've put about half on at present, I'm taking my time so that they are all on perfect. I evn put my Battlesphere Gold one on. I will then look forward to sourcing the carts for the ones I'm missing.

They really do look great and I think wil make me want to play my Jaguar even more now I can see from a glance what games I have.

The quality of the labels is very professional.

BUMP! I have a few of these full end label sets complete and ready to send out! (I had a couple of people cancel their order)

I have 2 sets of N64 end labels ready, I'll sell them for $75 shipped each!

I have 1 set of Jaguar end labels ready, I'll let that go for $25 shipped each!

I have 2 sets of 32x end labels ready, I'll let that go for $15 shipped each!

32x Full Set

N64 Full Set

Jaguar Full Set

Mine came today. Very professionly done and higly recommended if anyone is looking for an end label solution to the Jags lack of them. Now because my wife has steadier hands then me she will spend the night putting them on..... with me hovering over her shoulders :D

Mine came today. Very professionly done and higly recommended if anyone is looking for an end label solution to the Jags lack of them. Now because my wife has steadier hands then me she will spend the night putting them on..... with me hovering over her shoulders :D

That's funny, cause I wouldn't let my wife touch my end labels! Even though she wanted to help!

Just a quick note to say that these labels are amazingly well done and have a fantastic fit on the carts! :D

Awesome! Glad you like them! I'm very proud of these labels. Took a lot of time and test prints to get them just right!

BTW, I don't have anymore $25 Jaguar labels left, But can always do the setup and print more. But they will be back at the $40 price if anyone is still interested.

Stop tempting me... I don't NEED these labels... even though they do look fricken awesome.

Well the rest of us will save time on finding the game we want quickly. Saved time = more game time :D

Seriously though, not only do they serve a practical purpose but they really add something to the look of the cart if anyone cares about that. I am not sure why Atari would not put a label on their carts to begin with. Sure to open up the cart you would have to lift the label or just rip it off put you have to do something like that to the face label anyways to get to the screws. :? Seriously was there any good reason not to have labels?

Edited by GKC

Probably a cost saving measure by Atari. Same with the Sega 32X, both companies didn't want or couldnt pump a whole lot of money into these systems... Atari had a shoestring budget, if they hadnt won millions from sega the jag prolly would have died even before the Jag cd came out... ;) I still say Atari did a good job with the money they had to work with. after all we still love the system :)

Probably a cost saving measure by Atari. Same with the Sega 32X, both companies didn't want or couldnt pump a whole lot of money into these systems... Atari had a shoestring budget, if they hadnt won millions from sega the jag prolly would have died even before the Jag cd came out... ;) I still say Atari did a good job with the money they had to work with. after all we still love the system :)

Well then I must say; thank you Sega! :D

I wonder what Nintendo's excuse was? I wouldn't think it would be money :? I can understand Atari not doing it because of funds but Nintendo?

IF anyone missed out - at $40 these are still a steal.

Agreed!

Stop tempting me... I don't NEED these labels... even though they do look fricken awesome.

Come on! You know you want them!

I wonder what Nintendo's excuse was? I wouldn't think it would be money :? I can understand Atari not doing it because of funds but Nintendo?

Nintendo knew 10 years later that someone like me was going to make them! :D

Edited by mrbigreddog

good point on the nintendo thing, you got me there ;) its actually funny how similar the n64 and jag are... similar in many ways. big power 64 bit cart systems with lack of games (compared to rivals), no end labels, failed add ons, funky but good controllers and most importantly, the good games on each system are so kick ass that they totally negate anything bad about the systems ;) tetrisphere was originally developed on the jag but after the jag died nintendo bought it and put it on the n64. back to similarities, both systems are the same color and similar size and both are very cool looking, artistic. Both systems had similar 32 bit rivals that had many more games. Both systems were released too late to have the impact they were meant to have. Imagine if the Jag came out halloween 1992 and n64 halloween 1995... imagine if both originally came with a cd drive and dd drive respectively... there might not have been a playstation 2 or 3 if some of these things were true.

And then there is the king of "what if" companies, Sega...

Edited by kevincal

good point on the nintendo thing, you got me there ;) its actually funny how similar the n64 and jag are... similar in many ways. big power 64 bit cart systems with lack of games (compared to rivals), no end labels, failed add ons, funky but good controllers and most importantly, the good games on each system are so kick ass that they totally negate anything bad about the systems ;) tetrisphere was originally developed on the jag but after the jag died nintendo bought it and put it on the n64. back to similarities, both systems are the same color and similar size and both are very cool looking, artistic. Both systems had similar 32 bit rivals that had many more games. Both systems were released too late to have the impact they were meant to have. Imagine if the Jag came out halloween 1992 and n64 halloween 1995... imagine if both originally came with a cd drive and dd drive respectively... there might not have been a playstation 2 or 3 if some of these things were true.

Star fox, Cybermorph

Mario Kart, Atari Karts

Mario 64......... Aliens vs..... Never mind :D

Anyways it is really strange that the last of the cart. consoles (32x, Jag, N64) all decided against labels. They all must have thought labels were "so last gen."

tetrisphere was originally developed on the jag but after the jag died nintendo bought it and put it on the n64..

Actually, Tetrisphere was called Phear on the Jaguar and was one of the most impressive titles early in the Jaguar's life. However, f@#$%* Nintendo saw it and paid them to stop developing the Jaguar version and make it exclusively for the N64. :x

I still hate Nintendo. :x :x :x

Star fox, Cybermorph

Mario Kart, Atari Karts

Mario 64......... Aliens vs..... Never mind :D

Anyways it is really strange that the last of the cart. consoles (32x, Jag, N64) all decided against labels. They all must have thought labels were "so last gen."

Yep more similarities there! Another one I thought of is both Nintendo and Atari had a guru programmer (Miyamoto, Minter) Both start with M's lol.. Ya wonder why they all opted for no end labels.. hmm..

tetrisphere was originally developed on the jag but after the jag died nintendo bought it and put it on the n64..

Actually, Tetrisphere was called Phear on the Jaguar and was one of the most impressive titles early in the Jaguar's life. However, f@#$%* Nintendo saw it and paid them to stop developing the Jaguar version and make it exclusively for the N64. :x

I still hate Nintendo. :x :x :x

Ya I know it was called Phear on the Jag. :) When did Nintendo pay off the Phear team? Pretty sure it was late 1995 when everyone knew Atari and the Jag were dying anyway..

For years I've read how the Jaguar almost got Phear/Tetrisphere. I finally got a chance to play this on the N64 a while ago. I don't see what all the fuss is; it's not a bad game, but it ain't no Tempest 2000.

Edited by ls650

thats for sure, Tempest 2000 is the better game. Though Tetrisphere is some good fun with great music.

I thought of more similarities between the Jag and N64. Game box packaging is very similar. Also both systems have a lot of quirky accessories. ok, sorry i guess im straying off topic... ;)

Need some help guys! Having problems trying to find artwork for Skycopter and the System Test Cart

Beta/Test/Flash Cart Package

Alien vs. Predator Beta

B&C bypass

Fight For Life Beta

Flashcart

Iron Soldier Beta

Painter

Skunkboard (front and top label)

Skycopter

Speedster 2

Tiny Toon Adventures

Atari Jaguar system test cart

Here's what I have so far, Let me know what you think. Also which IRON SOLDIER BETA top label you like best!

jaguarendlabelbetaset.jpg