IGNORED

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit

Cobra Kai

http://hotpursuit.needforspeed.com/

I'm all about getting this game. It depends on what you want out of the NFS series, but this game looks to be the first one I can get into since Most Wanted over 5 years ago. This is really the only game on my radar to purchase on its release day. I haven't enjoyed any subsequent NFS game since Most Wanted, and haven't purchased any either. I've really been disappointed with the different variants like Pro Street and Shift, it's just nothing what I want out of the series. Thankfully, EA has been really good about releasing demos for this franchise and that has saved me some cash.

This game, judging by the gameplay videos at the site above, however, has me really excited for a kind of reboot of the franchise with this release.

Its not bad, but its not the best racing game i played. I had high hopes about this game. it feels to much like burnout then a need for speed game.

Considering the makers of the Burnout series are behind this new NfS entry, that's not surprising. But then I've always been more of a fan of the Burnout series anyway.

After playing the demo, I agree it feels very much like a Burnout game. The race was, well, a race, and the police chase wasn't entirely unlike the "road rage" events in Burnout 3 and beyond. The cars do handle a little more realistically, but otherwise anyone who enjoyed Burnout Paradise is going to feel quite comfortable here. The scenery is even as beautiful, and as beautifully rendered.

Its not bad, but its not the best racing game i played. I had high hopes about this game. it feels to much like burnout then a need for speed game.

Considering the makers of the Burnout series are behind this new NfS entry, that's not surprising. But then I've always been more of a fan of the Burnout series anyway.

After playing the demo, I agree it feels very much like a Burnout game. The race was, well, a race, and the police chase wasn't entirely unlike the "road rage" events in Burnout 3 and beyond. The cars do handle a little more realistically, but otherwise anyone who enjoyed Burnout Paradise is going to feel quite comfortable here. The scenery is even as beautiful, and as beautifully rendered.

It is a great looking game at that yes, but they could have done so much better with the game play. i am burned out on burnout, i liked flatout much better, i much rather buy blur then buy this (not saying anything bad about blur or anything).

Edited by madmax2069

I haven't played the demo yet, but what I like about the premise is being able to do an entire career as either/or racer and cop. I also think the 'Autolog' thing has potential, it looks to me like a sort of Facebook interface within the game. There looks to be a huge variety of cars too, more than I've seen before. The only thing lacking so far however, is customization of the cars, which is a huge negative for me because I absolutely love the customization that Most Wanted has.

Need for Speed is one of my favorite racing games of all time. And Hot pursuit and HP2 are my favorites of the series, though Most wanted was pretty good too.

This one seems to be a very good game, rather large demo download, but eh, it was worth it. Got to play as cops and racers, the cops are brutal and the racers are fast, so it's pretty good Overall.

I will definitely be picking this game up on launch.

i just tried the demo... just what i expected... a good thing.

gotta ask the wife for 2 games for Christmas now.... this and tron evolution.

their was one part of the game that confused me, when i clicked on a friend to send them a friend request... their name was already in the game... i thought i was just requesting them to the demo... but i think it sent a friend request to one of my friends, friends.

-rick

• 2 weeks later...

Give me more Hot Pursuit, less Burnout...

AMEN, TO THAT!!!! I never cared for the Burnout games - too much "fantasy" for me.

NFS: Hot Pursuit IGN Review

I'm still planning on grabbing this up tomorrow. Here's a review, its the only one I could find.

Please let us know if it plays like a classic (pre-Underground) NFS game. <hoping>

Edited by wood_jl

I don't think I ever played burnout, but if this game plays like that, then it's more a case of burnout playing like NFS than the other way around IMO.

This seems like all the other NFS HP games to me (from the two demo tracks) and hey, that's just fine with me. Maybe I sould pick up a burnout game, there's what, three of those now right?

Playing the demo (when it first dropped) confirms that i wont be buying this game, if i wanted to play burnout i will play burnout. no NFS game played like this (not even the old HP).

I had real high hopes for this game but that got shattered by its game play (just a NFS labeled burnout game).

I like flatout much better or test drive eve of destruction for its gameplay not burnout.

My copy was waiting at lunch. I had time to do one street race and one cop mission. The first street race is the same one you can do in the demo. It's definitely Need For Speed Burnout Hot Pursuit. I might have had more time to race but it immediately asked me to put in my online code and then I was forced to sit through a #(@*#&$ advertisement for NFS Shift 2. After that it explained their new facebook app. Oops I mean Autolog in detail and then of course it had to explain everything else once before I could actually do a race. That was a bit annoying since I just wanted to hop in a car but at least the explanations were a one time thing. The advertisement was a one time thing but it still pisses me off. I assumed it was the intro to this game, not an advertisement for another game. Bastards.

I actually think the Autolog feature is kind of cool. It automatically tells you how you stack up against your friends in each event. If a person wants to find "new friends" it makes suggestions as well. That part I don't care about but I can see how others would.