IGNORED

"Night of the Living Dead"Feature Film on 3 Jaguar CDs

ovalbugmann

Well, here is my Holloween Project delivered a little late. :| It's not necessary but I decided to convert this Romero classic to the JaguarCD anyway. All three discs in the set are freely downloadable, encrypted and don't need a bypass solution. :) The movie itself (1968, b/w) is about 1 hour & 35 minutes long, with horror film previews, before and after it.

I'd like to personally thank all the guys in Reboot- Cyrano Jones, Neo, GGN, and SH3 for helping me to learn how to encrypt JagCds as well as providing the cool new tools to do it. :thumbsup: Now more people can watch this. :)

So there's three discs just download the 11 RAR parts, put them all in the same folder. Extract the .cdi image of one of the RARs, from each of the three multi-rar part sets and then use DiscJuggler to burn the .cdi images. Use good discs. Enjoy! :)

CD1 Part1: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?xvq5i3jd7umc7za

CD1 Part2: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?d2l7rr1pjurvgjk

CD1 Part3: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1tzecnmom4818nq

CD1 Part4: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nc6ycq350etl6cd

-------------------------------------------------------

CD2 Part1: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?8p1f1u425c98rv2

CD2 Part2: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?x53wa7wes6nadgj

CD2 Part3: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?qzc9it9rp0eg8vz

CD2 Part4: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ckb9v2dlpa4bxa3

-------------------------------------------------------

CD3 Part1: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dt1g14qcwct66h8

CD3 Part2: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?m6cajgpi184k05f

CD3 Part3: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?l54lvo3otjbbamh

post-9089-12892568161_thumb.jpg

post-9089-12892568381_thumb.jpg

Here are the controls:

Joypad - Move image

B+Joypad - Scale image

1 - Reset aspect ratio

C - Reset all settings

4 - Rotate counterclockwise

6 - Rotate clockwise

OPTION - Flip screen horizontally

A+Joypad Left - Previous movie

A+Joypad Right - Next movie

A+# sequence - Select that movie (relative to first

0 - Mute sound

*+# - Reset to first movie

Edited by ovalbugmann
  • Like 8

Is this legal?

Is that all you give a shatte about? So what's it to ya man?? You & your pissing pal Laird gonna report me to Al and to the MPAA and to all the copyright dogs? wtf? Do some research before you start bitching at me. You use google extensively, looking up every funny picture on the net for the occasion, so why not plug this movie into wikipedia rather than suggest I'm doing something illegal here,.. pal???????

Edited by ovalbugmann
  • Like 6

Well, here is my Holloween Project delivered a little late

ovalbugmann you are a Jagvideo madman! Nice work. :D

Is this legal?

You know I wouldn't have an issue with people popping up first thing and asking that - if they were fucking consistent in this community about asking it about things like several other high profile high dollar community releases of IP by folks that they clearly have no legal right to...

• Like 3

Ahh! You finished it! Great - thanks! :)

I'll be downloading it tonight and will watch it this weekend. I love old cheesey movies. Let's hope old unreliable manages to read the three discs error free!

Excellent news, glad it all went OK.

Will download the films and watch them

on the Jag a bit later in the week. :thumbsup:

Sure!, sounds great guys! :) I hope it's enjoyable for you both. I broke the film into 5 minute track segments to make it easier to work with & process and for the Jag to play. With several smaller size tracks to run on the cd rather than one big 650MB+ track on a cd I think it may be less likely to freeze up and have playback problems on the finicky JagCD.

Just out of curiosity, did you try making it a 1 track video, might be a good idea to maybe do a test and see

just how stable and error free a big single film can be. Also next time can we have the 'Pearl and Dean' intro

for all the UK cinema goers and maybe a few cheesy ads, ah.. those were the good old days.

:ponder: Edited by neo_rg
  • Like 2

Ok!, Next time I can put a Pearl and Dean intro along with some funny old drive-in theatre ads, like for hot dogs/candy at the concession stand and the bathrooms location, and trash bins locations and the be-sure-to-replace-the-car-window-speaker-back-on-the-hook trailer when done, theatre management reel. That would all give it a nice campy feel - before the movie. ;) (nice idea) :thumbsup:

No I haven't made a one-track movie disc yet, but I did do a half-hour track once and it had freezing problems at various places and corruption in it. But that could probably be attributed to the cheapo CD-Rs I was using as well as the JagCD unit I was using, where I replaced the laser with an inferior, non-Philips, China made knock-off. So, I will have to make another big track test with high quality CD-Rs and an original Philips laser unit. Will let you know. :)

Edited by ovalbugmann
  • Like 1

Is this legal?

Is that all you give a shatte about? So what's it to ya man?? You & your pissing pal Laird gonna report me to Al and to the MPAA and to all the copyright dogs? wtf? Do some research before you start bitching at me. You use google extensively, looking up every funny picture on the net for the occasion, so why not plug this movie into wikipedia rather than suggest I'm doing something illegal here,.. pal???????

Holy shit mate, i was about to say well done and congratulate you on the project, then i read that. Im seriously getting bored of all this flaming now, all he was asking about was the project being legal and you throw a hissy fit?

• Like 5

Is this legal?

Holy shit mate, i was about to say well done and congratulate you on the project, then i read that. Im seriously getting bored of all this flaming now, all he was asking about was the project being legal and you throw a hissy fit?

Thank you, thund3r. I couldn't have put it better myself as that's all I did - ask a simple question. I empathise with ovalbugmann to a point as perhaps I ought to have used Google first to answer said question. As for the remainder of his post, i.e. the allegations and ranting, its probably best I refrain from comment so the thread doesn't turn into the flaming war you and I both would prefer not to ensue.

• Like 3

Is this legal?

Thank you, thund3r. I couldn't have put it better myself as that's all I did - ask a simple question. I empathise with ovalbugmann to a point as perhaps I ought to have used Google first to answer said question. As for the remainder of his post, i.e. the allegations and ranting, its probably best I refrain from comment so the thread doesn't turn into the flaming war you and I both would prefer not to ensue.

I prefer to stay as a middle man on arguments and flame wars, but sometimes i see the inconsistencies in peoples posts and it does irritate me. I will be downloading this release and I’ll let you know of my opinion on the CD but i do wonder about the jag community at times. There must be say a few hundred collectors / gamers around the world that support the Jag yet somehow being such a niche console and a small community its rife with flaming, accusations and stupidity! Must be the rarer and more obscure the console, the weirder the fans i guess... (take the neo-geo community for example.)

*edit*

Is there a chance someone can torrent the release for the more casual user?

Edited by thund3r
  • Like 3

that's all I did - ask a simple question.

And I'll believe that paper thin excuse for baiting when I see people popping into threads like Tiny Tunes, or Preservation Pack X, or Super Source Code release Y where people are selling non owned or licensed IP and asking 'Is this legal?' as their first response...

And this isn't a rail against projects like that, as in many scenes there often are 'grey' market releases that happen and are fun for the community and it's fans. It's about being consistent and not hypocritical in these areas, or just not being biased.

• Like 6

And I am getting very tired and annoyed at the years of copyrights' bullshit in the Jag scene and piracy accusations, bad evil romz haters, Jaguar emulation morality questions, IP protection freaks and blacklists, threats of being blacklisted by devs if I support a certain site, Jagware/Reboot bashing and the constant question of "is what you are doing on the Jag truly legal?" Being called names on youtube videos by either Laird, Kizza, Keiren, DCRip, or Kevincal or who ever the hell made those anti-Reboot videos. And the having to always prove I'm not guilty of some Jaguar related theft(IN ADVANCE!), if I do anything Jag and decide to share.

• Like 6

Hello Ovalbugmann!

Congrats for finishing such a huge Triple-CD-project!

But i am curious: Last time i tried to use Cinepak for my game-projects there existed the problem that the sound was off (shifted) about 1 second, does this problem still exist, or was it fixed meanwhile?

Kind regards

Matthias

Is this legal?

You could have at least done a little bit of leg work for yourself to find out if it was or not (might have taken around 2 minutes) instead of asking is it legal. to me its a tad bit rude and insulting toward the OP for posting something like this in a forum that is against piracy. The OP has been here long enough and has enough posts to know better then to post something illegal.

I only hope that you understand this now. and all of this could have been avoided.

but anyway back on topic. congrats on the release. are you going to think about releasing any more P.D. movies, although there is quite a few out there but only a select few are any good, you nailed one of the good ones.

Edited by madmax2069
  • Like 4