IGNORED

"Night of the Living Dead"Feature Film on 3 Jaguar CDs

ovalbugmann

Carmel; There's really no fast 'n easy JagCD movie authoring program, I could make - JagMod has already released his converted (from Macintosh -to- PC) Cinepak film utility for the Jaguar years ago, only a few people have used it, it seems as devs concentrate on the interactive games. Other than that the jagvid authoring in it all is just a lot of time consuming computer CPU hogging video processing, codec conversion and digital video compression to low bandwidths with the old Radius/Supermac Cinepak codec anybody could do now if they were inclined to. :)

Yes, old TV shows and series' are being considered, there's a few that are PD and decent.

Edited by ovalbugmann

Carmel; There's really no fast 'n easy JagCD movie authoring program, I could make - JagMod has already released his converted (from Macintosh -to- PC) Cinepak film utility for the Jaguar years ago, only a few people have used it, it seems as devs concentrate on the interactive games. Other than that the jagvid authoring in it all is just a lot of time consuming computer CPU hogging video processing, codec conversion and digital video compression to low bandwidths with the old Radius/Supermac Cinepak codec anybody could do now if they were inclined to. :)

Yes, old TV shows and series' are being considered, there's a few that are PD and decent.

This is just too disappointing, given that the big A were touting the machine as a games system that could step up to multimedia capabilities (a big buzzword in the 90's and still no one really defined what 'multi media' meant) which i guess means that the big A had plans for the jaguar outside of merely playing games (don't forget, that a segment of the medical profession, dentistry had already proved that the jaguar was more then capable of doing more then just games)

I think there needs to be a big 'push' to get the jaguar recognised as doing more then just games and this video playing thing could just be it (you just need a few more people with cd/dvd drives out there i guess)

One idea would be to make a 'jaguar channel' on yootoob so that people can stick up jaguar versions of their video content (as long as it aint copyrighted media/material) and use that as a springboard for this video playing thing you are doing mr bugman

But i guess that means there needs to be more jaguar people (i.e presently or currently active jaguar owners/users that are prepared to invest in non games uses/apps for their lovely jaguar)

Edited by carmel_andrews

Tried Liquid CD, it didn't know the file format, told it to analyze it, and after an hour it was still analyzing... So I had to quit that app.

Toast v10 said: "Toast could not detect the format of "NightoftheLivingDead_CD1.cdi" Click Continue if you are certain that it is a valid disc image." after clicking "Continue" I got the following message:

screencapturei.th.jpg

Burned it twice now, with the results that the Jag is displaying the VLM, also tried the scrambled mode with same results.

Also tried several other burning tools, like: Dragon Burn and Brand, they didn't recognized the format, SimplyBurns only burned 0.6% and said it was done burning :)

Edited by Tweety

As I hinted to .cdi images can be burned with Toast but with some conversion of the image first.

This page is out of date but has some info:

http://fightingstreet.com/folders/downloadsfolder/dreamcast/dreamcast_mac.html

"The CDI file has to be converted in order to burn it with Toast."

So I plugged it into the waybackmachine :):

http://web.archive.org/web/20080209134227/http://home.earthlink.net/~jasontn/dcmac/

Not much more help there - I couldn't download the PDF instructions but I am sure it is similar to this:

Forget that it's for .cdi Dreamcast game images because it is talking about burning .CDI's on Macs which is still what you want to do anyways - right. ;) So read this thread "carefully", and attempt to employ using the tools it mentions - namely "CDiRip" & "CDiMe." Which have to be used to rip the .cdi tracks for use with toast. There also seems to be links to other cdi burning on mac guides in this thread. :)

http://dcemulation.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=99055

CDiMe download page:

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/15633/cdime

So it seems possible to burn .cdi images with Toast on the Mac - it's just a matter of ripping the tracks from the disc images and putting it into something that Toast can understand!

If anyone else has a Mac and Toast and knows how to burn cdi images with it please speak-up! :D I have only PCs. lol

Edited by ovalbugmann
  • Like 1

video 61 has been working on something similar for over a year called Black Cat Theater. I posted about this in the summer before it was ready but didnt know much about it yet. He's got a whole series of public domain movies pre-packaged for the jag cd with artwork and everything. Lots of really cool old 50s and 60s horror movies and "invaders from mars" types of movies. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

black_cat_theater.pdf

Edited by Atari Joe

• 3 years later...

Hello! this thread hasn't been active since 2010!..........

Mediafire has taken down my "Living Dead" Cinepak movie sometime ago for whatever reasons, sorry I thought it would be a good place but the new Mega.co.nz is where it's at.

I have received a few requests to make this JagCD movie available again for download, and since it's 1 day after Halloween 2014 - I think it's a good idea for those that like put into practice the full potential and fulfillment of; "The Atari Jaguar 64-Bit Interactive Multimedia System" -something Atari wasn't really able to do, therefore;

I'd like to now present you with an encore midnight showing of George A. Romero's 1968 classic film "Night of the Living Dead!" (PD) on the Atari Jaguar CD Player!

All Fully Encrypted - Enjoy friends;

CD1: https://mega.co.nz/#!yBp0zZ4R!lL329Zp5NgTdEUOwH0RzWdtdKcszE6J98cGmHOWBNT0

CD2: https://mega.co.nz/#!zE4ByCQC!DIBCXSJ-wKOMnDDEobSrMfV6vUMKtB-cH-TgWBI0hr8

CD3: https://mega.co.nz/#!3AwUTT4Z!5R_D8b_qIPOoM77ByTx15RsK81VqmJr6RIOF4-LvBPc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In creation of the cd images I used Discjuggler's image creator and selected; RAW Read, Verify Image, and ignore read errors for the encryption track which is made to look like an error. I have not burned an image to test but if there are any problems let me know we'll try to get through them.

Thanks again to CJ, sh3-rg, ggn, & Neo and all at Reboot and Jagware - also Rubixcube6, & JagMod for helping me make this possible, without which I wouldn't have been able to do this at all. :) :)

Happy belated Halloween!!!! -prolly my favorite holiday.

Edited by ovalbugmann
  • Like 3

Hello! this thread hasn't been active since 2010!..........

Mediafire has taken down my "Living Dead" Cinepak movie sometime ago for whatever reasons, sorry I thought it would be a good place but the new Mega.co.nz is where it's at.

I have received a few requests to make this JagCD movie available again for download, and since it's 1 day after Halloween 2014 - I think it's a good idea for those that like put into practice the full potential and fulfillment of; "The Atari Jaguar 64-Bit Interactive Multimedia System" -something Atari wasn't really able to do, therefore;

I'd like to now present you with an encore midnight showing of George A. Romero's 1968 classic film "Night of the Living Dead!" (PD) on the Atari Jaguar CD Player!

All Fully Encrypted - Enjoy friends;

CD1: https://mega.co.nz/#!yBp0zZ4R!lL329Zp5NgTdEUOwH0RzWdtdKcszE6J98cGmHOWBNT0

CD2: https://mega.co.nz/#!zE4ByCQC!DIBCXSJ-wKOMnDDEobSrMfV6vUMKtB-cH-TgWBI0hr8

CD3: https://mega.co.nz/#!3AwUTT4Z!5R_D8b_qIPOoM77ByTx15RsK81VqmJr6RIOF4-LvBPc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In creation of the cd images I used Discjuggler's image creator and selected; RAW Read, Verify Image, and ignore read errors for the encryption track which is made to look like an error. I have not burned an image to test but if there are any problems let me know we'll try to get through them.

Thanks again to CJ, sh3-rg, ggn, & Neo and all at Reboot and Jagware - also Rubixcube6, & JagMod for helping me make this possible, without which I wouldn't have been able to do this at all. :) :)

Happy belated Halloween!!!! -prolly my favorite holiday.

Thanks Oval! Downloading now. Will reply asap w/ results either way.

Much appreciated :cool: :cool: :cool:

All 3 work like a charm for me. Had a freeze on Disk 1 but most likely due to burning them at 16x, which is the slowest I have available atm.

Will re-burn at 8x when I put back together my XP machine.

This is outstanding, thanks :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Great! glad they worked! ;-) and that I didn't mess up the CD images. I watched a lot of Disc 1 last night and it worked pretty good with no freezing, so yeah try burning at 8x speed to prevent freezing or even lower say 4x if available. I noticed some of the previews on there had a momentary freeze but only at the end of a scene so I'm not sure if it's the original video and an intended effect or the Jag. It didn't cut out black or totally stop tho - a good sign. I think the Jag CD might be operating at max thoroughput with some previews. The XP machine and older burner would prolly be best.

Now I'm thinking what I want to upload to my Mega account next, Cinepak Video wise,....that people may like to see. :)

Oh hey, Thanks for the recent BattleMorph walkthrough you did - I'm using it and found it to be cool and helpful. :thumbsup:

Edited by ovalbugmann
  • Like 1

Now I'm thinking what I want to upload to my Mega account next, Cinepak Video wise,....that people may like to see. :)

Just get some footage from other systems, make up some stuff and pretend they are lost Jaguar games. That seems to go down well :)

• Like 3

Just get some footage from other systems, make up some stuff and pretend they are lost Jaguar games. That seems to go down well :)

Haha! Good one bro! ;) I'll leave that type of flamboyant illusion & subversion, passed off as reality and which is in the current repertoire (of a certain idiosycratic individual still grievously lurking around (^x2 )) to further venture into the realms of obfuscation of real unreleased Jaguar games as if are all obtuse and don't know what 3DO footage looks like! lol CJ.

Edited by ovalbugmann
  • Like 3

Haha! Good one bro! ;) I'll leave that type of flamboyant illusion & subversion, passed off as reality and which is in the current repertoire (of a certain idiosycratic individual still grievously lurking around (^x2 )) to further venture into the realms of obfuscation of real unreleased Jaguar games as if are all obtuse and don't know what 3DO footage looks like! lol CJ.

Idiosyncratic, no; individual, sure; repertoire, not at all; it is the most quotable line of the film; I am a classic movie buff, but George A. Romero films are not on my best of list; grieving, never; and I still buy all the new Jaguar releases.

Great! glad they worked! ;-) and that I didn't mess up the CD images. I watched a lot of Disc 1 last night and it worked pretty good with no freezing, so yeah try burning at 8x speed to prevent freezing or even lower say 4x if available. I noticed some of the previews on there had a momentary freeze but only at the end of a scene so I'm not sure if it's the original video and an intended effect or the Jag. It didn't cut out black or totally stop tho - a good sign. I think the Jag CD might be operating at max thoroughput with some previews. The XP machine and older burner would prolly be best.

Oh hey, Thanks for the recent BattleMorph walkthrough you did - I'm using it and found it to be cool and helpful. :thumbsup:

I saw the momentary freezes lol. Awesome stuff, though. I just got an old pc from epay running Windows 98. I'll check the lowest burn speed it offers and go from there.

For your next release, an "All Iron Maiden Videos" disk would be excellent. At least that's my goal if/when I get this worked out and can put it together. :cool:

Hopefully, it'll be the first of many 'sets' but I'm getting way ahead of myself :P

in the second chapter of the film have the freezes film after two seconds I jump immediately in the third chapter it continues normally. the trailer also run. the second cd is also running. I must download the third cd. I burn the First cd with 8x and 10x.

Edited by ChrisWR

Sorry about the disc 1 chapter 2 of the movie freeze, i'm getting a second or two of white noise there which is indicative of too high a bitrate, my disc doesn't freeze there though, with this drive. I may be able to re-encode that track at a lower bitrate and redo the disc if i can locate my night of the living dead burn folder and source files which are somewhere in my Jaguar taiyo yuden archive cds collection. If any of you have a second cd player you could try it on that drive too.

Downloaded and burned the images.

On disc one it stops at right after the beginning of the second scene on two different Jag cd's, and burned on different media.

Nevertheless, everything else works great and I watched the whole movie (which I never saw before) and enjoyed it very much!

The quality is not bad at all, and the before and after trailers are cool.

I understand that it is a time consuming process (?) to convert a movie to cinepak, but I could watch more movies on the Jaguar cd.

Thanks for this gesture, ovalbugmann :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...