IGNORED

My Jaguar now have the CD Player!

t.skid

:D

Today I finally received the JagCD!

Won on ebay at a fair price, the player looks like new, and, most important, works! :)

I've connected it to the Jaguar and turning on, I enjoyed the "new" Jaguar logo. Then, I've tried the VLM with a cd player (I've no cd games, yet; the auction was for JagCD "barebone", but I'm waiting for 4 games from another auction).

Next buy will be the bypass cart, I think, due to the incoming "black ice/white noise" ;)

Last thing: s/n of the player is 5502; how many cd players was manufactured?

:D  

Today I finally received the JagCD!

Won on ebay at a fair price, the player looks like new, and, most important, works!  :)  

I've connected it to the Jaguar and turning on, I enjoyed the "new" Jaguar logo. Then, I've tried the VLM with a cd player (I've no cd games, yet; the auction was for JagCD "barebone", but I'm waiting for 4 games from another auction).

Next buy will be the bypass cart, I think, due to the incoming "black ice/white noise"  ;)  

Last thing: s/n of the player is 5502; how many cd players was manufactured?

That's awesome Tony! The JagCD is a must have for the serious Jaguar fan especially with the Bypass out there. I'm not sure on the # of players that were made, but I know sales were small. I'm sure someone on here has the figures.....

If you lived close I'd give you a copies Vid Grid and Myst Demo for nothing..... :) I have a stack of these....

Jason

VEry cool! You won't regret it. I have an extra copy of Myst, a mega-hit on a lot of PC/consoles, it's yours for $5.00, shipping included.

Blue Lightning ROCKS! Very fun game! the 360 degree rolls suck unless your in the clouds, but the soundtrack rocks, the graphics are very good Scaling 3D sprites with a very fast&smooth frame rate 99% of the time.

Vidgrid is cool for a puzzle, but I only ever just bypass the pussle and watch the music videos.

You must get Iron Soldier 2, Battlemorph and World Tour Racing. I think Hoverstrike:UL is great too (best looking graphics on the Jag as far as texture-mapping and lighting special effects).

Highlander is a must have if you like games in the genre of Alone in the Dark and Resident Evil.

On another note, I've heard a couple of people mention Blackice/Whitenoise is coming out, brought to us by Clint Thompson? When is it due out, and is it being self-published or by whom, and who will be selling it (dealers, etc.)?

Yes, Blue Lightning is pretty cool! Has a lot of good music! Very nice =)

I'm actually surprised to see someone post positive feedback about Blue Lightning... most people seem to hate it, which is strange considering the game is actually pretty fun. (I remember I had no Memory Track so I had to beat it in one setting... that took about 10 hours) but it was fun :)

About Black Ice White Noise.... it's still happening... the CD's are done...

I'm just waiting on the cases and (hopefully) a last minute surprise, but I'm not sure if that's going to happen as planned. I've had some serious problems with Ameritech lately and getting online is harder then ever. (Dial up isn't nice) and DSL is still in Limbo (no thanks to ameritech...)

The price is going to be considerably low so anyone who has a bypass should be able to get one.

(And if I'm lucky, I'll get enough people to buy it to cover the costs)

But I'm not worried about it, it's all in fun.

I guess you can say it's delayed for a minute(until the cases arrive), but is definately coming!

Kinda gives you that "Atari" feeling yea? ;-) j/k

T.Skid enjoy your JagCD, I'm sure you'll have quite a bit of fun with it!

VLM is awesome!

Clint Thompson

(temp email: adistortions@aol.com )

:P

That's awesome Tony!  The JagCD is a must have for the serious Jaguar fan especially with the Bypass out there.  I'm not sure on the # of players that were made, but I know sales were small.  I'm sure someone on here has the figures.....

If you lived close I'd give you a copies Vid Grid and Myst Demo for nothing..... :)  I have a stack of these....

Jason

Thanks Jason... I'd like to live close, maybe in California... But Italy it's not so close.. ;)

And, yes, JagCD is a must... I was looking for it on ebay from a lot of time (actually, I won another JagCD, but I NEVER received it.. I send money then seller unregistered from ebay...).

Gunstar: Thank you for your advices. I'm waiting (Hoping to receive) - coming from another auction I won - 4 JagCD games: Baldies, BattleMorph, Highlander and Myst.

Clint: About BI/WN. Like T-Bird wrote, Please, "Put me down for one" :)

Again, Thank you all guys!

Now I shut down, need to sleep (3.40 am in Italy!).

Yes, Blue Lightning is pretty cool!  Has a lot of good music! Very nice =)

I'm actually surprised to see someone post positive feedback about Blue Lightning... most people seem to hate it, which is strange considering the game is actually pretty fun.  (I remember I had no Memory Track so I had to beat it in one setting... that took about 10 hours) but it was fun :)

Hey Clint,

I always liked Blue Lightning. I hook it up to my stereo, crank it up and rock out..... :) My kids think I'm nuts.....

Hell yea, Blue Lightning is an awesome game. The demo disc that ScatoLogic made is very cool too, especially Native 8) . Jaguar CD's are too expensive to play music CD's on, seeing on how a lot of them have problems. Congratulations on getting a Jaguar CD :).

Wait a sec.... the JagCD is woth the price just to play CD's on with VLM!!! VLM rocks!

I actually enjoyed Blue Lightning quiet a lot.....

until i finished it and than I didn´t play it for hundert years or something like that, but just two weeks ago I kicked it in and played through it and it was fun...so, what can I say...it wasn´t that bad....

As far as the VLM T-Bird is 100% right....

it´s a reason to one a Cd-Rom

Peter

Jag CD units aren't anywhere near cheap, and haven't been that way in years. It's even more aggravating when you get one that's non-functional.  :x

Those are the best ones. Get the broken ones for super cheap prices and then fix them. I have several I got that way. I've got backups for my backups now!

T-bird makes a great point. Many times people will dump these because they have no clue how to fix them. Some are beyond being fixed, but for the most part it is usually something simple like the spinner sticking due to it being pushed down.....

Jason

Questions about BIWN:

1. I have an original Battlesphere cart :P - Is this all I need for 'by pass play'?

2. Is it updated in any way or just a release of how far the original developers got in the game

3. If its an uncompleted release does it play through or just a few scenes or what???

Questions about BIWN:

1.  I have an original Battlesphere cart :P - Is this all I need for 'by pass play'?

2.  Is it updated in any way or just a release of how far the original developers got in the game

3.  If its an uncompleted release does it play through or just a few scenes or what???

1. You'll need CD Bypass to play it. Either BS Gold, Prot SE or the B&C Bypass cart.

2. Clint currently has rev 18 and rev 19. I believe he's going to try and release both versions (not sure the differences). No changes have been made to the game, but there is still plenty to play!

3. You can play this thing for hours. Check out his web-site(s) to get more info on the game.

http://www.angelfire.com/freak/ambient/

His old Jagcube site has the rev 18 release, with plenty of info!

http://jagcube.atari.org/biwn.html

Jason

Questions about BIWN:

1.  I have an original Battlesphere cart :P - Is this all I need for 'by pass play'?

2.  Is it updated in any way or just a release of how far the original developers got in the game

3.  If its an uncompleted release does it play through or just a few scenes or what???

You need BattleSphere Gold to get the bypass features. I bet you could get on the waiting list for the next batch and once you get a BSG copy you could easily make the money back by selling the oroginal on ebay.

Questions about BIWN:

1. I have an original Battlesphere cart :P - Is this all I need for 'by pass play'?

2. Is it updated in any way or just a release of how far the original developers got in the game

3. If its an uncompleted release does it play through or just a few scenes or what???

You need BattleSphere Gold to get the bypass features. I bet you could get on the waiting list for the next batch and once you get a BSG copy you could easily make the money back by selling the oroginal on ebay.

I still need to pick up a BSG cart =)

I've only been able to play it a few times at Jagfest 2k1 and that was it really. 10 Mins of play isn't enough really!(Regular BS that is) I guess I should keep checking up on your guys site for updates yea? =)

That clear cart sounds awesome :)

Clint Thompson

Questions about BIWN:

I still need to pick up a BSG cart =)

I've only been able to play it a few times at Jagfest 2k1 and that was it really. 10 Mins of play isn't enough really!(Regular BS that is) I guess I should keep checking up on your guys site for updates yea? =)

That clear cart sounds awesome :)

Clint Thompson

Family, holidays, projects, work, etc. have conspired to delay the next batch for a bit, but people on the list will be notified when the time comes.