IGNORED

Buy-Rite Games - a good thing, yes or no?

bigferret

Goatdan wrote:

Hydian wrote:

Isn't it illegal for them to charge your card prior to processing (ie boxing and shipping) your order? I've never dealt with a place that has charged my card prior to shipping (with the exception of special orders which is acceptable.)

Even if it isn't illegal, it is very poor business.

Actually, it isn't illegal and it isn't poor business. Everywhere you go, your credit card is charged before you actually receive the items. If you go to a store and purchase $10.00 worth of stuff on your credit card, you get the merchandise only after your credit card is verified.

I wasn't clear. If you order goods, they should not charge your card until they process the order. ie...they charge your card and then ship it once it clears. Not charge your card the day you order and then ship whenever they feel like it.

Everywhere you go, they charge the card right before giving you what you wanted. Mail order should be done the same way. I've ordered things that were back ordered, etc and my card was never charged in advance. I always had a tracking number the same day that my card was charged.

And yes the GOAT store is cool!I plan on buying some more stuff from you guys soon!And I think it's cool that the owner of a store,GOAT,posts here! :D  :?  ;)

Thanks, but I'd consider myself to be more of a regular ol' collector than a business owner. We only started the GOAT Store because we had been screwed by other online game stores and knew that we could do better :)

I will say that I have had good experiances with United Game Source, Lik-Sang and VGLQ before. VGLQ raised their shipping prices massively though in late 1998, and I haven't bought from them since -- they wanted over $50.00 to ship me a Jaguar CD and a game or two. Now at least they tell people how jacked up their shipping prices are :ponder:

Did you get the games?

They used (I stress used to) be one of my suppliers until a few expensive items came in envelopes............ and they charged me $4-5 over shipping...... for normal retail customers.... they charge A LOT for shipping. Since I was a wholesaler, they went easy on me.

What games did you order?

†B†V†