IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

I cant even write him a mail, he blocks non US bidders. But to tell the truth: I wont buy this box, it looks damn new and the risk of buying a repro box is too high in my opinion. I just know that the repro box from the repro box set has a little sign on the small flap.

By the way: its because of auctions like this why I dont like the repro box sets.

Edited by Ignorama

There is a note on one of the inner box tabs....also, I believe the game holder is at the top of the box, not the bottom...I may be wrong on that...

What do you mean by "a note" ? Which note is it ? The note is on the repro or the original box ?

The repro box has a little note which says that its a repro box. But just my thoughts: If its possible to produce a repro box which is just identifiable because of this small flap, its also possible to use this as a reference for making boxes without this hint. Genereally its annoying to ask every seller if he could take pics of the small flaps, so I dont like these repro-boxes at all. Just make them with visible variation, like another color. But some people love these boxes, also if I never understand why, because its just a fake box and so it dont have to look like the original.

The repro box has a little note which says that its a repro box. But just my thoughts: If its possible to produce a repro box which is just identifiable because of this small flap, its also possible to use this as a reference for making boxes without this hint. Genereally its annoying to ask every seller if he could take pics of the small flaps, so I dont like these repro-boxes at all. Just make them with visible variation, like another color. But some people love these boxes, also if I never understand why, because its just a fake box and so it dont have to look like the original.

I understand you but the repro boxes are a nice solution to have a box for a game very expansive CIB as Spiker.

But a Spiker with a repro box is not CiB, its loose with a repro box ;) To tell the truth: For me its no difference if you put your loose cart in this box, or on a shoe box. I dont see any reason for making the box look like the original one. Just a simple question: If you see an "Armani" suit for 15$ on a bazaar which is 100% fake, would you buy it? I dont think so, because its embarassing to wear those fakes just to be cool!

Dont get me wrong, I dont think its necessary to buy brand-name clothes, but in my opinion its much cooler to wear non-brand clothes than faked brand clothes. Its the same for me with videogame boxes - custom made is damn cool, faked original is the opposite and you see it on Ebay: These repro boxes are a problem, because if the seller dont want you cant decide if its original or not.

Look to the SNES. I wonder that the Intellivision was spared from that shit so long, but the prices getting higher and higher and its just a matter of time when scammers fake expensive games (if they are not doing it already). The repro boxes dont delay this process.

Repros spoiled many consoles and its naive to think that the Intellivision can escape. Maybe some people here change their mind if they ever buy a rare game like Spiker, Body Slam or Learning Fun in an "official" repro box, because the seller "forget" to show the small flap and you didnt asked, or he just lied. But I think I am talking to a wall, some people will never understand the disadvantages of these boxes :|

But a Spiker with a repro box is not CiB, its loose with a repro box ;) To tell the truth: For me its no difference if you put your loose cart in this box, or on a shoe box. I dont see any reason for making the box look like the original one. Just a simple question: If you see an "Armani" suit for 15$ on a bazaar which is 100% fake, would you buy it? I dont think so, because its embarassing to wear those fakes just to be cool!

Dont get me wrong, I dont think its necessary to buy brand-name clothes, but in my opinion its much cooler to wear non-brand clothes than faked brand clothes. Its the same for me with videogame boxes - custom made is damn cool, faked original is the opposite and you see it on Ebay: These repro boxes are a problem, because if the seller dont want you cant decide if its original or not.

I definitely agree, a Spiker with a repro box will never be a CIB spiker but only a loose Spiker. But again, if you can't buy a CIB Spiker, it's a way to have a nice box in your shelf. It's not my way. But, I can understand. That could be a BIG problem if the seller tries to sell a fake for the original.

I definitely agree, a Spiker with a repro box will never be a CIB spiker but only a loose Spiker. But again, if you can't buy a CIB Spiker, it's a way to have a nice box in your shelf. It's not my way. But, I can understand. That could be a BIG problem if the seller tries to sell a fake for the original.

Totally agree....but I just don't think besides ripping the flap off, that someone is "making" these....

• Like 1

Totally agree....but I just don't think besides ripping the flap off, that someone is "making" these....

:lol: If you make repro boxes, you dont buy these set, its too expensive. You use it as a master piece and produce boxes with flapts without a hint. An ripped off flap is very suspect.

If you are worried about the box can't the cart be faked also very easily? the labels for most intellivision games are pretty easy most just text.

just fit some eprom in it and a fake printed label and that seems easy enough.

At least only a very few intellivision games are expensive enough that this is even a worry.

Also it is possible pallets of a rare game that never sold may be found sometime down the road in some warehouse somewhere. Its always a risk with mass produced items from the past. The original printer plates for a rare box could be found too. What if the original company that made boxes decides to just print some more and has the original materials to do so.

Seldom is that an issue as things are 30 years old and most of the printing materials and original companies are probably long gone.

I sent him a question about if any flaps are missing and if it is a reproduction or not, we shall see.

If the winner gets it, he should be able to tell or not and then file a claim.

The spiker i sold voltron was is so good if condition it practicly brand new, there are still some very nice ones floating around.