IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

Regarding Sears Backgammon....I would guess that one, maybe two copies at $70 would completely saturate the $70 market. Put another way, if I had 5 copies to put up for auction back to back, I would expect prices to go like this:

1st copy = $70

2nd copy = $50

3rd copy = $45

4th copy = $40

5th copy = $35

I'm guessing that there is currently a dry spell, but if you satisfy just a few people you would see prices drop to an average of around $35-45 pretty quickly. Just because there is one, maybe two people out there willing to pay more than $50 I wouldn't call the overall value of the game $70...just pent up demand. The Jetsons does a similar thing. In dry spells it pushes $175, but if a bunch come up all at once the price drops to $100-130.

Boxpressed makes a good point in that another way to guage value is the price at which you see people start to let their copies go. This has definitely happened with Spiker in recent years. It's not like people are finding new ones, rather I bet most are people who got them around $500-1000 and knew they could sell one at $1500.

If I had an extra Backgammon, I'd sell it for $70 in a heartbeat, but I wouldn't let my primary go for that. It's not like I think I'd never find one again, but I'm happy to have completed my Sears collection and wouldn't want to have to hunt for months to find another one for $40, just to have made a $30 profit. I spent way too much time (and money, but mostly time) aggressively hunting for deals on games in the last 2-3 years. I need a break :grin:

You're probably right. Obviously a title such as Sears Backgammon isn't going to command a premium outside of a limited number of varient collectors. Spiker will command that premium because it's a piece of the core set. Prices would come down if multiple copies made their way into the market. I still contend that there aren't that many copies out there. If there were, they would find their way for sale in various lots more than they have.

As an aside, I've finally managed to secure a copy. I found it in a lot (not on ebay) and it cost me much more than the $70 I was willing to spend, but I'm sick and tired of begging people to sell this to me! It should be arriving any day.

As an aside, I've finally managed to secure a copy. I found it in a lot (not on ebay) and it cost me much more than the $70 I was willing to spend, but I'm sick and tired of begging people to sell this to me! It should be arriving any day.

Woohoo, Congrats! So you have a complete set now? Time for upgrades ;-)

Thanks! It feels like it's been a long time coming. After the holiday's I'm still wanting to get pix together of all my collection, but the game room is being used a temporary storage for now during Christmas.

Upgrades are one thing that I don't active pursue. Never have. If I get something better in a lot, I'll change it out (of course), but I don't buy specifically to upgrade. The one rule that I have in my collection is that my original lot of Atari games from my youth are untouchable however. I would never change them out for an upgrade in any instance!

Thanks! It feels like it's been a long time coming. After the holiday's I'm still wanting to get pix together of all my collection, but the game room is being used a temporary storage for now during Christmas.

Upgrades are one thing that I don't active pursue. Never have. If I get something better in a lot, I'll change it out (of course), but I don't buy specifically to upgrade. The one rule that I have in my collection is that my original lot of Atari games from my youth are untouchable however. I would never change them out for an upgrade in any instance!

I'm that way with my original NES boxed games from childhood :-)

Did you get the lot that was on Shopgoodwill?

The lot with Backgammon came in yesterday and I checked out it today. I should have known not to buy from the Goodwill website. Everything couldn't have been packed more haphazardly and thrown in the box crushing much of it. I was able to repair the Backagammon itself decently, but there is a tear on the front that you couldn't see in the pictures and there are no instructions :mad: I guess it'll do for now but my hunt for instructions will now begin. $15 anyone???

Oh and by the way..... AVOID GOODWILL AUCTIONS!

The lot with Backgammon came in yesterday and I checked out it today. I should have known not to buy from the Goodwill website. Everything couldn't have been packed more haphazardly and thrown in the box crushing much of it. I was able to repair the Backagammon itself decently, but there is a tear on the front that you couldn't see in the pictures and there are no instructions :mad: I guess it'll do for now but my hunt for instructions will now begin. $15 anyone???

Sorry, that sucks. I have never pulled the trigger with goodwill auctions; partially due to the insane shipping/handling/packaging costs, but mainly due to the numerous stories of how little care that shipping pays for. Good news is that when you find a new one, yours will prob still sell well.

That, boys and girls and Rev, is one sexy auction. :)

Yes, sexy !

I need the Videoplexer, Stonix, the Ophan Overlays and the all 4-Tris ! :/

Too expensive for me right now. I need a sponsor ! I will call the Mattel's French Division to help me I think ^^

or may be someone here would like to offer me a present, don't forget, it's Christmas ^^ :grin:

Ugh, that sucks! I dropped out of the bidding rather early so I think you had more competition. I've also bought from Goodwill before and fortunately for me everything has arrived OK, I think it depends on the location. I just recently bought an Atari Flashback 4 and this thing was wrapped in so much bubble wrap it looked like the Mars Rover balloon landing cushion.

• Like 1