IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

That's how you pirated games back in the day. Get a cart with empty rom sockets, burn some roms, and away you go. The switch(es) on the carts were for different memory configurations.

ahhh, thanks. I figured something those lines since it had that "this must be illegal" look to it.

I normally wait until I have received the items, but yes that was me.

Lathe, reason I'm asking is that I was bidding up to $169 and the seller contacted me through second chance, that he has another set of all three unfolded covers available for my highest bid of 169.

Lathe, reason I'm asking is that I was bidding up to $169 and the seller contacted me through second chance, that he has another set of all three unfolded covers available for my highest bid of 169.

Interesting offer since his other lot up on eBay that has only 2 boxes + instructions is already at $178 with 4 days left to go on it. I'd take his offer if I was in your shoes.

It also likely means that he extended similar offers to the 2 other bidders whose bids were between us. Seems like a reasonable way for a seller to clear out some extra identical stock.

What leaves a sour taste in my mouth is that this douche is roaming the eBays, seemingly desperate for some pocket money, and distributes tons of authentic boxes and manuals for two very limited, highly sought after games where the binaries are freely available and which do bring $800-$1000 a pop.

I'll just say that I am happy with the deal I got.

A really good (and refreshing) attitude, if you don't mind my saying. I'd imagine that a lot of people would be grumbling about having to pay more for the same thing even after they themselves made the bid. The only problem with second chance offers is when a shill bidder "accidentally" wins the auction, but we know that is not the case here.

Did you have an agreement to buy all of the unsold inventory or something?

I bought all of Roger's remaining Intellivision stuff when he decided he was done with the hobby. I assume he found these after the fact. :) I actually have a few of these boxes myself

Always the gentleman, cmart...

A great attitude for which I envy you.

He may of actually REALLY found the stuff later. I dont remember the wording of the massive auction cmart bought, but i wonder if it actually said he was selling EVERYTHING related to homebrews that he owned? We may never know. He probably kept some momentos.

And yes, Cmart is always a gentleman.