IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

I have a bunch of Intellivision Basic Keyboard Cassettes that I plan to put on ebay, but I was looking for some guidance as to how to price them - as I can find no references to go by.

I have

• Family Budgeting
  • Conversational French
  • Crosswords I
  • Crosswords 3
  • Jack LaLanne's Physical Conditioning
  • Basic Data Storage Cassettes

The last 3 listed are still sealed in the original wrapping, the first three are complete in the original box, but unwrapped.

• Like 1

I have a bunch of Intellivision Basic Keyboard Cassettes that I plan to put on ebay, but I was looking for some guidance as to how to price them - as I can find no references to go by.

I have

• Family Budgeting
  • Conversational French
  • Crosswords I
  • Crosswords 3
  • Jack LaLanne's Physical Conditioning
  • Basic Data Storage Cassettes

The last 3 listed are still sealed in the original wrapping, the first three are complete in the original box, but unwrapped.

Wow, very cool ... those are very rare and difficult to price, especially the still sealed ones as I don't remember ever seeing any. I would highly recommend listing as auctions on eBay and letting the market decide the price. I'm pretty certain that you will not be disappointed.

If you're looking to sell outside of eBay, I'm certain that there are a few people (I see Cmart has already sniffed them out) here more than willing to make you solid offers.

Do you mind if we ask how you got them? Are they originally yours or are they a stellar find?

Edited by Fushek

Wow, very cool ... those are very rare and difficult to price, especially the still sealed ones as I don't remember ever seeing any. I would highly recommend listing as auctions on eBay and letting the market decide the price. I'm pretty certain that you will not be disappointed.

If you're looking to sell outside of eBay, I'm certain that there are a few people (I see Cmart has already sniffed them out) here more than willing to make you solid offers.

Do you mind if we ask how you got them? Are they originally yours or are they a stellar find?

Do you remember that old Intellivision "Burger Time" ad, ending with "We're Closed Now!" ? Well, I was there when they closed...

• Like 4

I agree, about letting the market dictate the price but the only problem I have is epay errr... ebay. By the time you pay both ebay and paypal (the same company) the fees are enormous. I quit selling there. The last time I sold (2 yrs ago) I sold items over $1000 and the fees ended up being %12.5. Perhaps they have changed you may want to check it out to see how much you will loose with listing fees and such. Not being negative just think you should check it out first. Thanks for the pics. Now I need to consider selling my first born, right leg, kidney, lots of body parts come to mind, perhaps the house.

I have finished uploading all the photos to my gallery album. Included and not previously mentioned is the Keyboard Basic, but as you can see from the photos, the box is pretty beat up. Also, I only have the manual and the cassette - the Basic cart is missing.

And one more thing, I also will be listing the Blue Whale that goes with all this stuff.

As far as ebay and paypal fees go, whether one considers 13% to be exorbitant is I guess relative. I think of it as just the price to be paid for exposure to a wide audience, convenience, and a certain level of security.

Agreed. The global exposure that your item gets on eBay, especially on rarer items, usually will result in a higher price that more than covers the 12% or so ... your mileage may vary.

And I'll second the motion requesting (begging?) for you to take the time to describe your experience there. I know that the entire community would be fascinated to hear about anything that you can remember about it.

Do you have the basic cartridge?

Does the tape drive work?

Daniel Bass?

Nope, no Basic cartridge - when I found the box in the basement it had the manual and the cassette - but no cartridge :(

Nope, the tape drive does not work. When I plugged it all in, I was at first delighted to see that it actually gave me a title screen, and the keys worked. Then in researching, I found out about the tape drive problems, so I thought I would try it to find out. So, I hit E and the drive popped open, I popped in a random tape - and hit T. A lot of whirring - but no tape movement. OK, so E right? Well, "Rewinding..." pops up on the screen, there's a bunch more whirring, but the tapes not moving. Seems that without being able to rewind to the beginning the drive won't open and so now that tape is stuck.

And who is me?