IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

16 minutes ago, BSRSteve said:

The minimum bid was $799.99

May be, my 1 cent rise was not enough to secure that game…?

But you don’t have to worry Folks, you can go ahead, I’m not going to raise again…

Because one day, one Super Series will pop up on Ebay, CIB MINT, BIN at 50 bucks!

@Atari_Bill’s mobile will be broken, his internet connection off, I will be the fastest and will get my copy!!!???

• Haha 2

Be happy you have Spiker at all.

I had it decades ago (got it by driving to the INTV office in Torrance way back when) before I sold my whole collection like an idiot.

Pretty much resigned to not getting it unless I get stupid lucky at a yard sale or something. 

Edited by Omnibro

2 hours ago, Kamikazi26 said:

It was 99.9% mint…

they never came sealed. 

I had the money, I really wanted it, and I was happy to buy it.  “To me” it was worth what I was willing to pay. 

I was going to say the same. I bought a few games from INTV back in the day and none were ever shrinkwrapped. 

Sometimes though, they would get shrinkwrapped by secondary sellers so the games did not get stolen. I believe Toys R Us did this quite a bit.

Edited by Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog

4 minutes ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

I was going to say the same. I bought a few games from INTV back in the day and none were ever shrinkwrapped. 

Sometimes though, they would get shrinkwrapped by secondary sellers so the games did not get stolen. I believe Toys R Us did this quite a bit.

The local retro game shop near me still does this, especially with their Intellivision and Atari games.  Vintage Stock also does this.  In the newer-ish era (Wii, XBox360, etc), a lot of games were professionally refurbished and resealed for Walmart and similar places.  They placed "reconditioned" stickers on them, but I can't remember if they're on the inside or outside of the plastic.  If outside, they'd be pretty easy to peel off.

A while back I bought a few mint sealed M Network games from eBay, but the seller specifically told me that they resealed them to protect them.  I suspect a lot of the "sealed" games in the market are resealed.  Fortunately, Intellivision's original seals are pretty easy to identify.

4 hours ago, Kamikazi26 said:

It was 99.9% mint…

they never came sealed. 

I had the money, I really wanted it, and I was happy to buy it.  “To me” it was worth what I was willing to pay. 

Yeah, as far as I know all INTV Corp games were not shrinkwrapped and probably not even sealed, I mean like the COLECO/CBS ones, top flap glued.

All Spikers I saw so far on Ebay were sold at around 1.3k$ far from being MINT. Yours must be in excellent conditions, well done Luc! I don’t have yet my Spiker, one of the reasons is because I would like to find one in very good conditions: I would prefer to pay 2k for a nice copy than 1k for a so so one…

When did you buy it? Long time ago?

1 minute ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

No way!

..say it isnt so..

It is SO.   Intellivision, Coleco (adam), Commodore 64 with 3 1541's , Eprom Burner, Blank cart boards for the eproms. etc. Maybe 5000 games on disc.  Hundreds of carts.  As Dr. Smith would say... Oh, the pain.

Some how I kept a few Intellivision games, I think I liked the boxes or something.

Then around 1995/1996 I moved to Madison WI for work and started collecting Intellivision again.  Had fun shipping the stuff back to MA.

Cheese Heads make for great packing material and gifts!  LOL