IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

2 hours ago, BigDumer said:

Sealed Intellivision Inc. Backgammon on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/165584372680?hash=item268d9903c8:g:0vYAAOSwM4di04iu

The seller posted this on reddit yesterday with a "Why doesn't this have the ABPA license" - so I DM'd him to tell him that this is a pretty desirable game.

Funny, I did a search for that on Reddit and r/retrogaming and could not find any record of it. I think you contacted him after the sale on eBay and while screwing me you screwed yourself.

1 hour ago, Kamikazi26 said:

Further more, there appears to be a “10.99”written on the top left corner of the game box under the shrink.

Seller confirmed the $10.99 price is written under the shrinkwrap.

As of 1:30PM PST seller corrected his listing. For full disclosure.

Fraud Hoax GIF

3 minutes ago, BBWW said:

Funny, I did a search for that on Reddit and r/retrogaming and could not find any record of it. I think you contacted him after the sale on eBay and while screwing me you screwed yourself.

Ah, sorry, I misremembered the subreddit, it's r/retrogames and the post is still there: 

12 minutes ago, BigDumer said:

Keeping this 'fun' going, it looks like the ebay post I started this thread with has been ended and the item has been relisted to remove the "Condition: Brand New" and to note that the seal is not original.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165584768908?hash=item268d9f0f8c:g:0vYAAOSwM4di04iu

Dollars of hope disappearing before his eyes.  

His excuse for canceling the sale was it was causing a "Family Dispute!"

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, BBWW said:

BBWW, not totally sure, but if you are suggesting that I saw this on ebay and made an offer to take the sale from someone else then I'm not sure what to say. I've never done that, nor would I ever do that. I try to do all deals with honesty and integrity like offering this guy $150 for the Backgammon when I could have offered $50.  I never saw this item on ebay (though I refresh my search many times a day!)  I thought I saw an opportunity to snag a game that I dearly wanted and did what I thought was the right thing to try and get it.  Yes, giving this person information on the value of this item led him to post it on ebay which may cost me more money, or, more likely, the item itself.

14 minutes ago, BigDumer said:

BBWW, not totally sure, but if you are suggesting that I saw this on ebay and made an offer to take the sale from someone else then I'm not sure what to say. I've never done that, nor would I ever do that. I try to do all deals with honesty and integrity like offering this guy $150 for the Backgammon when I could have offered $50.  I never saw this item on ebay (though I refresh my search many times a day!)  I thought I saw an opportunity to snag a game that I dearly wanted and did what I thought was the right thing to try and get it.  Yes, giving this person information on the value of this item led him to post it on ebay which may cost me more money, or, more likely, the item itself.

It's all good. Nothing to be done. Moving on...

2 minutes ago, BBWW said:

No I understand that saw it on Reddit, likely after it sold...but instead of answering him in the posted thread you messaged him to try to get a bargain. So while you were "honest" I read some self serving interests here. If you were truly "honest" you would have replied in the tread. It's all good. Nothing to be done. I will now drop this.

Yeah, I'm not going to make offers and potentially negotiate on a public reddit thread. I don't feel like sending offers via DM is being not "truly honest". The thread was already 6 (or 8?) hours old when I found it, with zero comments. 

43 minutes ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Total dick move by the seller.  Either do your research prior to listing or honor your sale, but don't cancel a legitimate sale agreement because you think you might get a few extra bucks.  Bad form ?

Well to us (gamers & collectors) that is the norm. Most of us would never think of doing such a thing.. because we dont want to be on the back end of it.

But, most of the people selling their old stuff (or their parents old stuff) on Ebay just want as much money as they can get for it. They will be tempted by money. Its unfortunate, but thats just one of the shady things we have to deal with as a collector.

1 hour ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

Looks like someone made a side deal. It said 6 days left yesterday

Not a side deal.  Well kinda. But I didn’t ask for it. 

i bid yesterday. I ended up being the highest bidder at the time. The guy messaged me and told me he was ending the auction early due to all the drama this has caused. He was aware of the conversations here on AA and he was getting a bunch of negative emails. He wanted to wash his hands clean of the whole thing early. He Gave me a number he wanted for it and I accepted. Paid the eBay listing fee and some extra. 

I reached out to BBWW and offered for him to buy it at the same price I got it for (since he found it first & rightfully should be his). He declined. I didn’t even have an open box copy, so it’s all good for me. 

I’ll open it and watch, there will be a night stalker cart in it. 

just to clarify, I never asked the selller to end the auction early. It was his choice. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Kamikazi26 said:

Not a side deal.  Well kinda. But I didn’t ask for it. 

i bid yesterday. I ended up being the highest bidder at the time. The guy messaged me and told me he was ending the auction early due to all the drama this has caused. He was aware of the conversations here on AA and he was getting a bunch of negative emails. He wanted to wash his hands clean of the whole thing early. He Gave me a number he wanted for it and I accepted. Paid the eBay listing fee and some extra. 

I reached out to BBWW and offered for him to buy it at the same price I got it for (since he found it first & rightfully should be his). He declined. I didn’t even have an open box copy, so it’s all good for me. 

I’ll open it and watch, there will be a night stalker cart in it. 

just to clarify, I never asked the selller to end the auction early. It was his choice. 

Lol...

I didnt see it as Drama... just every day stuff in the lives of collectors. As long as all parties are happy.. well done.

Make sure you take pics of the game & manual inside for us! Im interested. My guess is that it will be a slightly used intelli Inc. Cart and prestine manual!

• Like 2