IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2011 (Season 4)

2600:

Kaboom 25min

Pacman 20min

5200:

Space Invaders 3hrs

Galaxian 3.5 hrs

SMS:

Transbot 45min

7800:

Dig Dug 10min

+1 for playing Kaboom! :D

Didn't have much testing to do this week. :roll: :lol: The 5200 shootout's kept me a bit busy as well.

Here are my times for this past week (July 18th through 24th)...

Arcade:

Bosconian - 82 min.

Time Pilot - 708 min. in 7 sessions

Atari 2600:

Boulder Dash (Demo) - 4 min.

Colecovision:

Steamroller - 11 min.

Total playing time: 805 min. (115 min. per day)

Total swimming time: 30 min. (due to bad weather)

Total riding time on my Peg-Perego Corral T-Rex: 240 min.

This week I had plenty of time for gaming due to bad weather and me being on vacation. First I revisited "Bosconian", but not for too long. Then I started to play another game similar to Bosconian, "Time Pilot", and somehow it didn't let me go, so I played it for a ridiculously long time this week, always trying to beat that 5th round with the saucers, but not succeeding in that. I learned, however, that it's better to keep a straight course than to fly around erratically.

On the Colecovision, I revisited Steamroller for a quick game, and on the Atari 2600, I tried the demo version of Andrew Davie's Boulder Dash, but it's pretty hard, and I gave up after a few minutes. Still it's nicely done with its advanced graphics technique.

Moved into a new house and got my new game room all set up. Let the gaming continue!

Intellivision

AD&D Cloudy Mountain - 35 minutes

Lock 'n' Chase - 20 minutes

Pitfall - 15 minutes

Thunder Castle - 20 minutes

Atari 2600

Dig Dug - 15 minutes

Infiltrate - 15 minutes

Oink! - 10 minutes

Pac-Man - 20 minutes

Sega Master System

Kenseiden - 20 minutes

Shinobi - 20 minutes

NES

Batman - 20 minutes

Paperboy - 25 minutes

Popeye - 20 minutes

My times for Thursday - Sunday:

Dreamcast:

Crazy Taxi - 15 min.

Toy Commander - 293 min.

Worms World Party - 153 min.

I hadn't played Toy Commander much in a while, but I got quite a bit further in the game this week, completing the 2nd and 3rd rooms with trophies in every challenge (for beating the boss's supposed best time). I suppose I'd progress faster if I didn't worry about getting trophies, but the levels have a fairly high learning curve and once you've figured out the layout and key points it's easier to keep working on a level, trying to get your time down, than to take on a different set of challenges and risk forgetting what you've learned.

I also spent some time in the Worms World Party training mode, and learned a few things I didn't know, like how to control a Super Sheep. The lack of a "restart level" option stinks, especially since you get hit with 30 sec. of loading/reloading time whenever you fail a level, but for some reason it annoys me less than it once did. I've completed most of the training, but the advanced rope and digging tasks seem like a hassle indeed.

• Like 1

Game Boy:

Pokemon Blue Version - 63 minutes

Playstation:

Suikoden II - 486 minutes

Vandal-Hearts II - 216 minutes

Sega Saturn:

Sonic Jam - 221 minutes

Sonic R - 38 minutes

Dark Legend - 31 minutes

Fighters Megamix - 15 minutes

IMO Sonic Jam counts as an eligible entity of its own because all the games have been modified to become easier than the Genesis versions. Some spikes and obstacles have been removed from all the games, you can spindash in Sonic 1, Sonic 2 special stages require much less rings to win, the audio has been upgraded and there are special gameplay modes such as time attack and special stage. At least half an hour of my gameplay for this title took place in the Sonic World mode, running around completing the missions.

Been a while since I've posted on this thread. Had 3 days off this weekend. Here's the damage:

Jaguar

Doom - 45 mins

NES

Cobra triangle - 30 mins

Ghosts n Goblins - 10 mins

SNES

Contra III - 100 mins

Genesis

Mickey Mouse World of Illusion - 30 mins

Ghosts n Goblins is frustratingly hard. I could only put 10 minutes into it and had to stop because I had the urge to break something. Contra III is very good, picked it up at a thrift store on Saturday. Cobra triangle, another thrift store find, was a game my brother and I played 20 years ago and it is exactly how I remember, awesome. I can get through most of the levels pretty easily but the one where you have to jump the water falls (which I guess is the last level) drains my lives.

Edited by GKC

INTV

Sharp Shot - 75 minutes (mostly getting used to the games to score em correctly)

BurgerTime - 35 minutes (one game, actually)

Lock 'n Chase - 20 minutes

Thin Ice - 10 minutes

King of the Mountain - 45 minutes (Nice climbing game)

Astrosmash - 240 minutes

AD&D Tarmin - 75 minutes

VCS

Ms PacMan - 15 minutes

Jr PacMan - 10 minutes

Yars Revenge - 20 minutes

Here's the summary for Week 30, running from July 18-24. We logged 4347 minutes of eligible play, playing 53 games on a total of 17 systems.

Top 10:

1. Time Pilot (Arcade) - 708

2. Suikoden II (PlayStation) - 486

3. Toy Commander (Dreamcast) - 368

4. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 361

5. Astrosmash (Intellivision) - 240

6. Sonic Jam (Sega Saturn) - 221

7. Vandal-Hearts II (PlayStation) - 216

8. Galaxian (Atari 5200) - 210

9. Space Invaders (Atari 5200) - 180

10. Worms World Party (Dreamcast) - 153

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Time Pilot (Arcade) - 708

2. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 361

3. Astrosmash (Intellivision) - 240

4. Galaxian (Atari 5200) - 210

5. Space Invaders (Atari 5200) - 180

6. Bosconian (Arcade) - 82

7. AD&D: Treasure of Tarmin (Intellivision) - 75

8. Sharp Shot (Intellivision) - 75

9. King of the Mountain (Intellivision) - 45

10. Ninja Princess (SG-1000) - 44

Top 10 systems:

1. Arcade (799)

2. PlayStation (702)

3. Intellivision (590)

4. Dreamcast (536)

5. Atari 2600 (490)

6. Atari 5200 (390)

7. Sega Saturn (305)

8. NES/Famicom (105)

9. SNES (100)

10. Sega Master System (85)

Time Pilot flies onto the scene, taking the top spot on all charts!

Edited by thegoldenband
  • Like 1

Ahh, felt good to play some games...

Atari 2600:

Medieval Mayhem 2 hours

Breakout 45 minutes

Kaboom! 33 minutes

Beamrider 25 minutes

Bowling 20 minutes

Ms. Pacman 15 minutes

Pitfall 10 minutes

Circus Atari 3 minutes

Arcade (emulated through a Jakks joystick):

Mappy 95 minutes

Bosconian 20 minutes

Galaga 40 minutes

Pole Position 4 minutes

Dig Dug 35 minutes

Pac-man 25 minutes

• Like 2

My times for Monday - Friday:

SNES:

Firepower 2000 - 17 min.

Rocky Rodent - 10 min.

Sunset Riders - 26 min.

Dreamcast:

Toy Commander - 63 min.

Worms World Party - 787 min.

I'm kind of appalled at how much time I spent playing the training and deathmatch modes in Worms World Party this week, but I suppose there are worse ways to procrastinate. And hey, at least I cleared both, leaving the mission and scenario modes to complete.

My girlfriend and I finally survived the first level of Firepower 2000 together. We got blown up halfway through the second level, mind, but it's progress. We also made it to the next-to-last boss in Sunset Riders, which seems quite a bit harder than the Genesis version. It's hilarious how garish the game's color scheme is, all pinks and yellows -- it looks like an Easter basket gone wrong.

• Like 1

2600:

Night Driver 20min

Kaboom! 35min

Off The Wall 10min

5200:

Pacman 1hr

Space Invaders 1.5 hrs

Galaxian 30min

Ms Pacman 15min

A8:

Pacman 15 min

Ms Pacman 10min

River Raid 5min

Millipede 2hrs

C64:

Omega race 20min

Frogger 30min

Threshold 1hr

• Like 1

Here are my times for this past week (July 25th through 31st):

Arcade:

1942 - 27 min.

FHMC Q*Bert - 10 min.

Time Pilot - 301 min. in 3 sessions

Tutankham - 96 min. in 2 sessions

Online (non-eligible for the Top 10):

Pizza Connection Beta - 10 min.

Cab driver - 92 min.

Pizza Hot - 30 min.

Total gaming time: 566 minutes (81 minutes per day)

I started out the week continuing to play Time Pilot, but I still didn't make much progress. I got to see the "big saucer" at the end of Level 5, and on another game, I even destroyed it... but by crashing into it with my last life, so the round was ended, but the game was over, and I still didn't see how the game goes on. Finally, I decided to "break it" by putting the DIP switches to 255 lives (cheat) and finally got through all of the 5 levels. After that, I tried the hardest setting where you have to face multiple bombs per second thrown at you, and then I stopped playing this game.

I also replayed Tutankham, but it didn't manage to catch my attention for as long as Time Pilot did. As for 1942, I never was a big fan of that game... it's a bit too hard for me, but at least I survived the first wave this time. And then I tried FHMC Q*bert (which stands for: Faster, harder, more challenging Q*bert). This is a sequel to Q*bert which wasn't released in the arcades back in the day, but programmer Warren Davis mentioned in an interview that this version exists, and I think it was even me who wrote to him back in 1998 asking about releasing the ROMs for use in MAME, and contacting some MAME people to alert them of this possibility, but I just read that Warren Davis also got mail from many other people requesting this. Anyway... it is more challenging in that there are always only 2 spinning discs on screen which move, and the round progression has been shortened so that already on the 2nd pyramid, you have to hop on each cube twice in order to change it to the destination color. And Wrongway now changes the cubes to a "blocked" state which only can be unblocked by having Coily jump on them. I didn't get very far in that game, hence the short playing time.

As for the online games, I tried "Pizza Connection" again, but couldn't get really into it, although one bug now has been fixed. Then I replayed "Cab driver", finally completing it after I've completed "Hey Taxi" some weeks ago. Actually, I wanted to play "Cab driver" back then already, but forgot the name of the game. After that, I also completed "Pizza Hot", another delivery game by the makers of "Cab driver" with cartoon style graphics.

haven't logged times in a while, but I actually did so this weekend…

I've been pretty much stuck in the 1982 era for the past couple months now!

July 30:

Atari 5200

Dig Dug - 20 minutes

River Raid - 15 minutes

Vectrex

Web Wars - 30 minutes

Arcadia 2001

Jungler - 35 minutes

Space Vultures - 25 minutes

Cat Trax - 30 minutes

July 31:

Atari 5200

Moon Patrol - 45 minutes

Ms. Pac-Man - 15 minutes

Vectrex

Web Wars - 30 minutes

Mine Storm - 10 minutes

Berzerk - 1 hour 10 minutes

Arcadia 2001

Jungler - 10 minutes

Cat Trax - 10 minutes

• Like 1

My daughter wanted to hook up the atari that we took on our baseball trip last week.

Beamrider 40 minutes. I made it to sector 28 and about 120,000 points. Not too bad.

Kaboom! 20 minutes

Megamania 5 minutes

Circus Atari. 12 minutes

Ms. Pacman 4 minutes

Pitfall 3 minutes

Breakout 15 minutes

Good times :)

• Like 1