IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2011 (Season 4)

Here are my times for this past week (September 19th through 25th)...

In fact, I only played one single game, which was not a classic one:

Online (non-eligible):

Burger Restaurant 3 - 288 min. in 3 sessions

Burger Restaurant is the 4th installment of the Burger Restaurant Series... the 3rd one was Burger Restaurant 4. Seems like they noticed they left out Part 3 after doing Part 4...

This time you job at burger restaurants in 5 countries all over the world (Wild West, India, China, Japan and Italy) with each country having a "special dish" which is cooked differently to the special dish of the other countries. In addition to the story mode, there are now "challenges" where gameplay differs a bit (for instance, in one challenge you can only make burgers), but I last played a challenge where it only says "Make as many points as possible", but you don't know how many that would be, i.e. when the challenge is won.

Anyway, it's a typical time-management game, and it's pretty easy to play if you don't collect all the money so that new customers aren't allowed to fill all the slots and thus aren't able to overload you with orders. I think I remember that in Burger Restaurant 1, your cook moved pretty slowly so that you had to plan an efficient way around the kitchen, which is not necessary here since most of the time the cook runs faster than you can click on the new item.

I only did some swimming in the house pool since the Old Danube is now too cold to swim in it and the public pools have closed, and I didn't ride the Peg-Perego Corral T-Rex at all. So....

Total gaming: 288 minutes (41 minutes per day)

Total swimming time: about 30 minutes

My times for the week:

Vectrex:

Minestorm - 13 min.

Intellivision:

Super Pro Curling - 13 min.

Genesis:

Chiki Chiki Boys - 17 min.

Sunset Riders - 24 min.

Game Boy:

Bubsy II - 10 min.

Double Dragon - 24 min.

Qix - 10 min.

SNES:

International Tennis Tour - 39 min.

Lagoon - 6 min.

Lock-On - 3 min.

Super R-Type - 94 min.

Top Gear 2 - 2 min.

• Like 1

Playstation:

Alundra - 869 minutes

Final Fantasy Origins - 312 minutes

Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back - 153 minutes

Alundra's beaten but not with 100% items.

Final Fantasy Origins is coming along well in FF1's remake. I like how much faster it plays than the NES version.

Crash Bandicoot 2 is on the 4th floor already; first time ever playing it.

Here's the summary for Week 39, running from September 19-25. We logged 3172 minutes of eligible play, playing 27 games on a total of 11 systems.

Top 10:

1. Alundra (PlayStation) - 869

2. Berzerk (Atari 2600) - 740

3. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 353

4. Final Fantasy Origins (PlayStation) - 312

5. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (PlayStation) - 153

6. Missile Command (Atari 5200) - 135

7. Super R-Type (SNES) - 94

8. Astroblast (Atari 2600) - 75

8. Frantic (Atari 2600) - 75

10. Pitstop (Atari 8-bit) - 45

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Berzerk (Atari 2600) - 740

2. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 353

3. Missile Command (Atari 5200) - 135

4. Astroblast (Atari 2600) - 75

4. Frantic (Atari 2600) - 75

6. Pitstop (Atari 8-bit) - 45

7. Qix (Atari 8-bit) - 40

8. Serpentine (Atari 8-bit) - 30

9. Kwixx (C64) - 25

10. River Raid (Atari 8-bit) - 20

Top 10 systems:

1. PlayStation (1334)

2. Atari 2600 (1243)

3. Atari 8-bit (150)

4. SNES (144)

5. Atari 5200 (135)

6. Game Boy (44)

7. Genesis (41)

8. Sega Master System (30)

9. C64 (25)

10. Vectrex (13)

10. Intellivision (13)

The PlayStation and Atari 2600 absolutely dominate this week, with role-playing game Alundra and robot-pulverizing game Berzerk at the top of the charts. Each system on its own had more playtime than all the others put together!

Edited by thegoldenband
  • Like 1

Here are my times for this past week (September 26th through October 2nd)...

sorry, no classic games again, just some online and PC games... which aren't eligible for the Top 10:

Online (non-eligible):

A small car - 16 min.

Ghetto getaway - 90 min.

Barn Yard Jersey Joyride - 13 min.

PC (non-eligible):

Trackmania Nations - 94 min.

Total gaming time: 213 min. (30 min. per day)

Even though swimming is over for this year, I tried to catch up with my projects which had been laying around for the last months due to summer activities, so I still didn't do too much gaming. This actually is a phase I get into every year in September and October... summer's gone, and there's plenty to be done, and somehow I've grown accustomed NOT to do too much gaming, as I did during summer, so in these weeks I tend to my projects more intensively.

As for the games - "A small car" is a 3D racing game where you have to keep your car on a narrow track and reach your goal on each level (somewhat similar to Marble Madness).

"Ghetto getaway" is another 3D racing game in a city where you constantly get chased by police cars which try to ram you into the walls while you try to deliver some load to a defined goal point.

"Barn Yard Jersey Joyride" is a game I played earlier... a pretty smooth 3D racing game with beautiful graphics where you have to pick up 5 animal friends before going back to your home barn. You have only one minute of time for this, but you can pick up hourglasses which will extend your time by 15 seconds each. However, you have to jump into the air over a ramp in order to get them. This was actually made to promote a movie.

Finally "Trackmania Nations" is a free installment ot the Trackmania series where you can also make your own tracks. Not everything's free, though... for some of the functionality, like downloading tracks that others made, you have to buy a subscription.

My times for the week:

Odyssey^2:

Clay Pigeon - 3 min.

KTAA - 10 min.

Atari 7800:

Tower Toppler - 19 min.

SNES:

Mortal Kombat II - 15 min.

Super Baseball Simulator 1.000 - 3 min.

Super Bases Loaded - 4 min.

Super R-Type - 11 min.

Sega 32X:

Mortal Kombat II - 54 min.

Shadow Squadron - 42 min.

• Like 1

NES/Famicom:

Yo! Noid - 45 minutes

Final Fantasy II - 256 minutes

Playstation:

Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back - 125 minutes

Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped - 189 minutes

Crash Team Racing - 241 minutes

I finally had a good Crash Bandicoot fix and beat these three games after getting Yo! Noid beaten for the year. Crash 2 and 3 are much easier than the original and I was relieved.

Here's the summary for Week 40, running from September 26 - October 2. We logged 1957 minutes of eligible play, playing 21 games on a total of 9 systems.

Top 10:

1. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 330

2. Berzerk (Atari 2600) - 280

3. Final Fantasy II (NES/Famicom) - 256

4. Crash Team Racing (PlayStation) - 241

5. Missile Command (Atari 5200) - 225

6. Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped (PlayStation) - 189

7. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (PlayStation) - 125

8. Frantic (Atari 2600) - 60

9. Mortal Kombat II (Sega 32X) - 54

10. Yo! Noid (NES/Famicom) - 45

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 330

2. Berzerk (Atari 2600) - 280

3. Missile Command (Atari 5200) - 225

4. Frantic (Atari 2600) - 60

5. Pitstop (Atari 8-bit) - 30

6. Tower Toppler (Atari 7800) - 19

7. Kill The Attacking Aliens (Odyssey^2) - 10

8. Pac-Man (Atari 5200) - 10

9. Berzerk (Atari 5200) - 5

10. Clay Pigeon (Odyssey^2) - 3

Top 10 systems:

Not enough entries to make a top 10. The Atari 2600 would be #1 with 670 minutes, followed by the PlayStation at #2 with 555 minutes.

Kaboom returns to the top of the charts, closely followed by Berzerk. Otherwise, a fairly thin week.

• Like 1

Question about Arcade's Greatest Hits (Williams) for Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis. Since these versions are not arcade perfect ports and have cheat options like starting yourself with 99 lives and gaining bonuses and extra lives every thousand points do they just count as one game or do you want the listings for each game on these compilations separated and labeled arcade still? They have Defender, Defender II, Joust, Robotron 2084, and Sinistar on them.

Question about Arcade's Greatest Hits (Williams) for Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis. Since these versions are not arcade perfect ports and have cheat options like starting yourself with 99 lives and gaining bonuses and extra lives every thousand points do they just count as one game or do you want the listings for each game on these compilations separated and labeled arcade still? They have Defender, Defender II, Joust, Robotron 2084, and Sinistar on them.

That's a good question, and these games are always a headache. Maybe individual entries in the format "Arcade's Greatest Hits: Defender" are the best option? I'll take a look at what other entries have been like...

• Like 1

My times for Monday - Thursday:

Sega Genesis:

General Chaos - 36 min.

Shining in the Darkness - 308 min.

Sega 32X:

Mortal Kombat II - 107 min.

Starting to get a good handle on this version of Mortal Kombat II -- I've now beaten up to Medium. I still don't like it as much as the SNES version, and there are a few issues with the controls and certain combos, but it's certainly playable.

Meanwhile, my girlfriend destroyed me in General Chaos, a game that neither of us had really played before (and we don't have the manual either). I think I won 2 out of 10 rounds, and got beaten 5-0 in many of them!

Finally, I've been meaning to get cracking on my backlog of Genesis RPGs, so I started on Shining in the Darkness. Very attractive game, but I can tell it's going to take a long time. Mapping the first level was fine since it was almost all single-width corridors, but I hate mapping larger spaces in dungeon crawlers. Fortunately there's a spell which gives you a small map window, so I guess it's time to bust out the graph paper...

• Like 1

My times for Friday - Sunday:

Heathkit GD-1999 - 7 min. (dedicated Pong-style unit)

ColecoVision:

Congo Bongo - 6 min.

Donkey Kong - 12 min.

Zaxxon - 9 min.

Vectrex:

Clean Sweep - 3 min.

Solar Quest - 4 min.

Sega Genesis:

Shining in the Darkness - 60 min.

32X:

Mortal Kombat II - 48 min.

SNES:

King Arthur's World - 3 min.

Speedy Gonzalez in Los Gatos Bandidos - 4 min.

N64:

Chopper Attack - 7 min.

Dark Rift - 4 min.

Paperboy - 3 min.

PlayStation:

Dukes of Hazzard - 15 min.

Frogger - 3 min.

Metal Slug X - 3 min.

Pipe Dreams 3D - 3 min.

Beat Mortal Kombat II on Hard, and otherwise spent time testing out various new acquisitions.

Edited by thegoldenband
  • Like 1

Times for the whole last week

Playstation:

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 - 94 minutes

Bust-A-Move 4 - 44 minutes

Incredible Crisis - 63 minutes

Courier Crisis - 48 minutes

Final Fantasy Origins - 95 minutes

The only ones beaten in this list yet are Incredible Crisis and a mode of Bust-A-Move 4.

Edited by TheGameCollector