IGNORED

Strange request? WTB Classic Lego Space pieces

RJ

Started building some of my childhood sets, now that my boys can play w/ appreciate them, one of my fav sets from 30 yrs back was the Space Cruiser #487. I find Im missing some of the long grey wing pieces, they're 8 "bumps" long & have an angled side (you can see them here:)

http://www.tubafrog.com/lego/index.php?id=2 (click pic)

was thinking I'd get at least 4- 2 left, 2 right. Also need a large yellow 3x6 transparent windshield piece (also in pic). Will negotiate price, maybe trade a game or 2?

ooh, also would like some 2x4 clear windshields from Town cars/vehicles (seen here on front vehicle of Coast Guard station:) http://www.tubafrog.com/lego/index.php?category=town (click pic)

Edited by RJ
  • Like 1

Check out www.peeron.com they have scanned instructions for nearly every set!

Anyone visited the revamped Lego store in the Mall of America? IIRC they have 100+ bins to buy individual pieces. I'm nearby but havent had time to get there yet, doubt they have the old pieces I need.

Edited by RJ

Yes grey, they're in the Space Cruiser set, also X-1 Patrol Craft & Mobile Rocket Transport (to name a few). Check the above links.

I found a pair in grey and in black also let me know if you want them

Edited by A2600

It was sold as the 924 here, unsurprisingly

Aaah, that would explain the blue 1x4 "LL924" brick on either side of the front, under the windshield. Mine are gone, or maybe rubbed off.

Wow, I made the Alpha-1 Rocket Base a few days ago, there wasnt really much to that set. A bit underwhelming 30 yrs later! It came on a crater plate but the whole thing fits a 12x22 bump area.

Edited by RJ

I have that one! lol I do have the pieces you're looking for but mine is complete with the instructions and box! I remember wanting to keep the boxes when I was younger and managed to take apart ships and put them in ziplock baggies and back into the boxes.

I should haul out my boxes of lego and snap some pics to share. :) It's been over 30 years that I've had some of these sets! (Damn... makes me sound old! lol) :P

Yep, as a kid I had all the boxes crammed onto a shelf, & kept the instructions too of course. Problem was, as I grew older I lost interest & tossed the boxes & loaned my Legos to my nephew. I eventually got them back, but w/ several key pieces gone. But he managed to mix in his Starfleet Voyager spaceship. :)

I can still make the Space Cruiser by heart, no instructions, I like it so much.

& Im taking pics of sets I build on my DSi. So far:

Surface Explorer

Surface Transport

All-Terrain Vehicle

Shuttle Craft

Space Shuttle

Mobile Tracking Station

Mobile Lab

Mobile Rocket Transport

Alpha-1 Rocket Base

Space Cruiser

Rocket Launcher

X-1 Patrol Craft

Police Van

Bucket Loader

Snorkel Pumper

Paramedic Unit

Police Rescue Squad (cant find the right name but it has a WICKED 'copter)

Edited by RJ