IGNORED

Atari 8-bit related BBS(s)

svenski

2 hours ago, rcamp48 said:

I have finally got my BBS to a point where it runs consistently, and I am adding to the Atari community by putting up not a list of Atari BBS's , but randomly reviewing each Atari BBS one at a time when you log off , so far I have added the first 6 Atari BBS's on the list, also when you log on there is a surprise, but you will see it in the video, the video is 15 minutes long and I take to time to log in an out about 10 times just to show you all that it as stable , I am using Amis latest copy, kudos goes out to Amis for what he has done with Forem XEP in the past, I am still sticking with FXEP as I ran Spy Visits Spy BBS in the 80s on Forem XE from 1983 to 1995, it was a popular BBS at the time, unfortunately all disks from my BBS from then have been lost in this sea of time.

Hope that you like the video and I must say that I will be featuring all 20 Atari run BBS's in the logoff screens. 

My BBS is being run on Alterra on FXEP.

The BBSs that I feature so far are:

Alcatraz BBS

Baudville BBS

Biker Bob's Clubhouse

Boot Factory 2K

Cheese Daddy's BBS

and Dark Force BBS.

I will be adding the rest today, and if there is something special that you want me to put in about your BBS

then please let me know.

Now off to the video: How I am adding to the Atari Community

Russ

This video has been replaced with a newer video, unfortunately I cannot edit it, the new link is at This is how I am contributing to the Atari Community

6 minutes ago, Dopeyman06 said:

Would be using:

Atari800MacX v6.0.1

Carina II v2.7 (BBS: On A Stick version)

Hello y'all... For quite some time I've been 50/50 about putting up a BBS. My software of choice is Carina II. At the moment I've had one running for a while but just for testing. I haven't gone public yet since I'm still undecided.

One of my main concerns is its' networking capabilities. When I try to run "ICN_EDIT", I get an error 5 at line 3010 (I removed the REM at line 25005). So my question is, does networking actually work or am I beating a dead horse?? I'd like to get the networking working if at all possible. At the moment there are 2 other Carina II boards up and running. So it'd be pretty neat-o to get it functioning. 😁

Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 3.32.52 PM.png

Yes networking is possible I have got error 5 several times in Forem XEP

2 hours ago, rcamp48 said:

I have finally got my BBS to a point where it runs consistently, and I am adding to the Atari community by putting up not a list of Atari BBS's , but randomly reviewing each Atari BBS one at a time when you log off , so far I have added the first 6 Atari BBS's on the list, also when you log on there is a surprise, but you will see it in the video, the video is 15 minutes long and I take to time to log in an out about 10 times just to show you all that it as stable , I am using Amis latest copy, kudos goes out to Amis for what he has done with Forem XEP in the past, I am still sticking with FXEP as I ran Spy Visits Spy BBS in the 80s on Forem XE from 1983 to 1995, it was a popular BBS at the time, unfortunately all disks from my BBS from then have been lost in this sea of time.

Hope that you like the video and I must say that I will be featuring all 20 Atari run BBS's in the logoff screens. 

My BBS is being run on Alterra on FXEP.

The BBSs that I feature so far are:

Alcatraz BBS

Baudville BBS

Biker Bob's Clubhouse

Boot Factory 2K

Cheese Daddy's BBS

and Dark Force BBS.

I will be adding the rest today, and if there is something special that you want me to put in about your BBS

then please let me know.

Now off to the video: How I am adding to the Atari Community

Russ

Video has been removed by the uploaded. 

31 minutes ago, Dopeyman06 said:

No offense Russ, but you’ve had more than Error 5’s trying to get “your version” of FXEP running. 

I am not using 'my version' any more and it is the latest version directly from Amis so it works ..... I have it running now at christfollowersbbs,ca: port 1985, it so far has been running for 2 days 37 calls to it so its a little bit more reliable

1 minute ago, rcamp48 said:

I am not using 'my version' any more and it is the latest version directly from Amis so it works ..... I have it running now at christfollowersbbs,ca: port 1985, it so far has been running for 2 days 37 calls to it so its a little bit more reliable

36 of those calls were yours beta-testing

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rcamp48 said:

This video has been replaced with a newer video, unfortunately I cannot edit it, the new link is at This is how I am contributing to the Atari Community

For a moment there I thought you were reviewing some BBS called arkForce. I was thinking this was some kind of Noah's Ark themed BBS.  Then I realized the left edge of your video is cut off and you were reviewing DarkForce BBS.  You need to fix that or viewers are not going to find your contributions to the Atari Community very useful  😀

-JP

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, JohnPolka said:

For a moment there I thought you were reviewing some BBS called arkForce. I was thinking this was some kind of Noah's Ark themed BBS.  Then I realized the left edge of your video is cut off and you were reviewing DarkForce BBS.  You need to fix that or viewers are not going to find your contributions to the Atari Community very useful  😀

-JP

There is a newer video up , I think it has been fixed, if not I will do a new one ... anyways here it is

55 minutes ago, rcamp48 said:

Now that it's up and running. Are you gonna create a new video on how to create a batch file to do a full install of FXEP?

1 minute ago, Dopeyman06 said:

Now that it's up and running. Are you gonna create a new video on how to create a batch file to do a full install of FXEP?

Nope I have given up on that , I still have it but the files that I have are now with a full file server, so I have abandoned the creation of the batch file.... I am now working on representing all Atari BBSs in my BBS.

35 minutes ago, JohnPolka said:

-JP

I can understand the confusion. After all, we've had just about every kind of online animal out there on board!  :)

6 minutes ago, DarkLord said:

Hmm, I never did find the one with DarkForce in it... 

I believe it's all random, so the corrected video may not have it. But I am sure Russ appreciates you sitting through his video and waiting for it.  😀

-JP

Edited by JohnPolka

3 minutes ago, DarkLord said:

Hmm, I never did find the one with DarkForce in it... 

The video was too short Darklord, i will redo it as I have added two new BBS's to the list, I got as far Heisenburg's Hideout, and it will be better this time ..... hope you like the new one it will be longer

Just now, JohnPolka said:

I believe it's all random, so the corrected video may not have it. But I am sure Russ appreciates you for sitting through his video and waiting for it.  😀

-JP

Yep I will take the time to do a new one until all of the 8 BBSs are shown, did you see yours in the welcome screen? I had to fix a few errors in the line feeds and the display 

2 minutes ago, JohnPolka said:

I believe it's all random, so the corrected video may not have it. But I am sure Russ appreciates you for sitting through his video and waiting for it.  😀

-JP

I am dogged and relentless, let me at'em! (okay, I did fast forward a bit)...  :)