IGNORED

Atari 8-bit related BBS(s)

svenski

1 hour ago, rcamp48 said:

I managed to crash it last night by editing the software online, it did not like me editing Module.54 and when I went to rerun forem it bombed, sorry

Its back online

He was talking about "The Resistance" being down methinks.

Which was actually the point of JP's joke.

And... (one-oh) FIRST!

5 hours ago, Dopeyman06 said:

Well unfortunately we won't know for a while. Surprise, surprise, his BBS is down. 

I know...that's why I look forward to his review on The Resistance!  Russ is the gift that keeps on giving. 😁  👍

-JP

Edited by JohnPolka

1 hour ago, moonlight_mile said:

I wake up this morning to 129 new email messages. The majority are from here. Thank god I am an old man (who acts 16) and goes to bed early. 

Yeah, we are making up for the 4 months that this thread was dead.  ;-)

-JP

Edited by JohnPolka

7 hours ago, moonlight_mile said:

I wake up this morning to 129 new email messages. The majority are from here. Thank god I am an old man (who acts 16) and goes to bed early. 

Yeah, I thought there must be a virus or something - like the old "Melissa" virus.

And I didn't even like Daisy Duke.  Or the General Lee.

-CH-

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Dopeyman06 said:

Wait, are you guys talking about not running MOE at all or MOE idling by in the background after you entered "xedit"??

I would not load MOE at all until I ram ready to test my code changes... but that's just me.

What's xedit? an editor I presume?

16 minutes ago, bf2k+ said:

I would not load MOE at all until I ram ready to test my code changes... but that's just me.

What's xedit? an editor I presume?

What? Is that a serious question?? 

xedit will disable MOE if you break into basic. That way you won't get macros or anything MOE related. And once you run another module, MOE will turn itself back on.

MOE is still active in the pic with green border.  I hit break and entered the xedit command and MOE is de-activated. The command is part of MOE, not basic.

Screen Shot 2022-08-19 at 6.07.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-19 at 6.08.02 PM.png

Edited by Dopeyman06

14 minutes ago, Dopeyman06 said:

xedit will disable MOE if you break into basic. That way you won't get macros or anything MOE related. And once you run another module, MOE will turn itself back on.

MOE is still active in the pic with green border.  I hit break and entered the xedit command and MOE is de-activated. The command is part of MOE, not basic.

Actually, I didn't know about it either... but since I don't run a Carina BBS anymore I didn't really bother to ask.

9 hours ago, Dopeyman06 said:

A lot of times hitting break will cause problems with the program, you need to put in a routine where you press a key to run xedit.

851330253_Untitled10.thumb.jpg.ef422b6d8fdbe2f7e4bf9f79e360713d.jpg

In this picture I show the original of line 25023 which causes the program to bomb if you have a large amount 

of free space as in bpar(C6) , I believe it bombs because you are dpoking a single value over 32676 ?

In my changed line I change the '/' to a ',', is that what the original programmer had intended?

Anyways it seems to work correctly for loading module.54 , where the original line does not.

I get the send ok , but Syncterm gives it too many errors......................

I will have to try this on a real Atari. And do I use the telnet emulation setting for the modem in Altirra?

Russ 

1531129392_Untitled7.thumb.jpg.af0bedf7f0e965ffdc94a8d32f4b6e12.jpg

And yes sometimes you can press break without screwing up the program, it all depends whether

or not data is being sent.

Edited by rcamp48
redoing pics

19 hours ago, rcamp48 said:

Spy Visits Spy BBS is down until I get internet at the shop again, it was cut off today at midnight.

Those mischievous squirrels chewed through the Internet cable, eh?  That actually happened to me several years ago. The cable company had to run new cable to the house.

-JP

19 hours ago, Dopeyman06 said:

Maybe JP can help out by creating a GoFundMe for you

@rcamp48 doesn't need Internet for his BBS. I saw all his posts on Facebook about his 2 toll free phone lines connected to his BBS!  He's searching for that one thing to make his BBS stand out and he has now found it!  Russ needs to go full old school!  Dial-up only!  No Internet!  Maybe he can run the world's only 2-node FoReM XEP BBS! I'll call Russ' BBS if he does that! 

-JP

1 hour ago, JohnPolka said:

@rcamp48 doesn't need Internet for his BBS. I saw all his posts on Facebook about his 2 toll free phone lines connected to his BBS!  He's searching for that one thing to make his BBS stand out and he has now found it!  Russ needs to go full old school!  Dial-up only!  No Internet!  Maybe he can run the world's only 2-node FoReM XEP BBS! I'll call Russ' BBS if he does that! 

-JP

Full dial up yes, but Voip connected to my router and once the internet is back they will be available again.

1 hour ago, JohnPolka said:

-JP

Unfortunately I would need a black box or a MIO to do that for dial up, does anyone have a black box for sale?

30 minutes ago, rcamp48 said:

Unfortunately I would need a black box or a MIO to do that for dial up, does anyone have a black box for sale?

Actually no... you'd need an 850 or a P:R: Connection.

My MIO only had 1 serial port.

The other one is a video port for the never released 80 col.

ICD Multi I/O - Atari 8-Bit Computers - AtariAge Forums