IGNORED

XM Status Page...

Curt Vendel

Nobody throw anything at me.. its too bad the XM itself doesn't have an sd card slot.... oh wait... what about a cord to run one to the ports on the XM? or a usb to port adapter... thats pretty much off the shelf parts isn't it? that would solve the update bios issue as well yes?

Nobody throw anything at me.. its too bad the XM itself doesn't have an sd card slot.... oh wait... what about a cord to run one to the ports on the XM? or a usb to port adapter... thats pretty much off the shelf parts isn't it? that would solve the update bios issue as well yes?

To support the legacy games you need several different hardware bank switching schemes and a menu driven game selecting application to be written. It was discussed by the XM design committee but with H2 on the horizon it wasn't included in the final design.

There is nothing to stop anybody developing a USB "interface" cart after the XM ships.

Hmm, jimpoleshuk's post, who posted prior to me, doesn't appear.

I was wondering though, if the high-score portion might be useable for other things than high-scores. Say, if you used each space to represent a variable that the game uses to store status data. With each number in each slot representing some differing stat or object, you could create a rudimentary save of progress in a game. The user would enter their name each time the game finishes a level or ends, then on the next start-up, they could select the save position (high score) and continue the game from the previous progress-point.

Edited by AtariNerd

Hmm, jimpoleshuk's post, who posted prior to me, doesn't appear.

Only the mods can answer that.

I was wondering though, if the high-score portion might be useable for other things than high-scores.

I think the HSC ROM code would need modification to accommodate this in a meaningful way. I'm no HSC expert but it looks like you can store a controller type (1 byte) and difficulty/players (1 byte - fixed format). So its a bit limited at the moment.

Well, I caught up on the drama in previous posts and I do have to make some comments.

First:

The address change thing was a legitimate concern, though it did seem to be resolved pretty quickly. I don't understand why people kept harping on it.

how was it resolved? not trying to start trouble (in fact I'm quite scared I'll get flamed for this) but it's seriously concerning to me. i've changed my address through the legacy store but the order still shows my original address. so how do I know it will arrive to the right address? according to the order details it will be sent to my old address. and I don't really have that much money that I can just buy another one. surely I'm not the only one of the 200 preorders that changed address in that time. I'm too afraid to email curt directly as he's probably to busy to respond and probably will think I'm hassling him. what should I do?

Edited by Shroo-man

I'm too afraid to email curt directly

Don't be! Just e-mail Curt at the contact email given (in one of the earlier posts) and you should be fine.

Yes and maybe include a word of encouragement I'm sure it would mean a lot to him. :)

Per Curt's Atari Museum page on Facebook:

post-160-0-26979600-1312171667_thumb.jpg

To everyone who owns an Atari Flashback 2 or 2+ game console, Gizmo our pug passed away after 14 wonderful years, but his spirit lives on in every Flashback 2 & 2+ as the "Gizmo" mmu/menu controller in every one of those consoles, you will be missed Gizmo

Edited by wgungfu

Per Curt's Atari Museum page on Facebook:

post-160-0-26979600-1312171667_thumb.jpg

To everyone who owns an Atari Flashback 2 or 2+ game console, Gizmo our pug passed away after 14 wonderful years, but his spirit lives on in every Flashback 2 & 2+ as the "Gizmo" mmu/menu controller in every one of those consoles, you will be missed Gizmo

That is one cute puppy. Sad to hear it.

http://www.atarimuseum.com/videogames/consoles/7800/expansion/

"July 28th - After several back and forth's on debugging, work is progressing well, POKEY tests are

being performed and the Yamaha YM2151 is running a bit warmer then I'd like so looking at that, getting

a new BIOS update shortly from Mark and Pontus is receiving some updated HW Monday. Added

debug jumpers permanently into the Rev11 boards based off of the Rev9 testing boards that now have

Cuttle Cart 2 and H2 Debug jumpers permanently on them, this will allow for future multicarts and other

more advanced carts to be debugged and integrated for compatibility with the XM's, also of note the

BIOS will be upgradable (how we will deliver upgrades out in the field to those who don't own a CC2 or

H2 will obviously have to be figured out, but this will future proof the design for more flexibilty and with

a 29F010 in place, not only is there room for the BIOS, but there is the potential for an onboard game to be

added in a future BIOS update...."

*Gigiddity* That hardware looks faboo. Maybe that H2 will come along this year too...

I received one of those e-mails as well, and I only pre-ordered about a week ago. :)

Well, speaking as someone who ordered on the first day the pre-order page was up (and not received any emails yet), and with all due respect to Curt and other fine gentlemen as yourself Cebus, I would hope the dictum of "orders will be processed in the order they are received" will prevail.

:ponder:

Edited by Tubular Gearhead

I got my email... if you haven't, check your spam filter; that's where mine was. Can't wait! I guess that means the team got the Yamaha to run cooler? Congrats on the accomplishment XM team! I am so excited to be getting such an amazing device from folks like Curt and co. I can't wait to hear some XM enabled audio. My only knock on the 78 is some of the audio on the Nintendo ports. Pokey Kong sound like a winner to me.

I'm rambling.

This rocks!

Oh well. Whatever.

I just logged in to the Legacy Engineering website, and they have all my correct contact info. Order placed 9/20/2010.

I checked my spam folder, email, everything- no email. :( :thumbsdown:

Business as usual- waiting as patiently as I can- but if people are getting emails, there should be some rhyme or reason to it... :ponder:

Hmmm, received an email with a revised posiible ship date for middish September. Looks like the latest hardware revisions might have gone "gold". :D

That's interesting -- I pre-ordered one and didn't get such an email. Anyone else?

Hmmm, I didn't receive an email...not really worried though. :)