IGNORED

XM Status Page...

Curt Vendel

Alright. enough is enough. This time, two strikes, you're out.

MODERATORS: just ban this dude. Sorry, Sermajic- first Bob, now Curt.... you're out dude! :thumbsdown:

This is just nonsense. There are enough of us that love and support this hobby that we just don't need this.

-Chris

yes

let`s ban this dude!!

i don`t think like him!

so he`s out

Anus.

For those who might have missed something (or just have difficulties reading):

http://www.atarimuse...7800/expansion/

...I don't need someone to hold my hand on this one. There are about 100 buyers at this point (myself included), most of whom are all waiting patiently. Unless you have changed address or something like that, your order number has been provided...the rest is just about waiting until your order is ready.

It should be pretty obvious at this point that this project is well on its way to coming together (not that it was ever doubted by the majority here)...but for the doubters, the link above should dispel most of the concerns. All of that hardware is going to become a final product...in due time.

The XM is a device that feeds my childhood fantasies of "upgrading" my console/computer.

I wanted the Compumate for my 2600, but that never happened.

I wanted the Master Expansion Unit for my Aquarius, but that never happened.

I wanted something to plug into the bottom port of my NES, but that never happened.

I sold my Genesis before the 32X came along, so I got screwed again.

Now, finally, the XM is coming along to supercharge my 7800, and I fully believe it WILL happen!

I've waited decades for something like this, I can surely give Curt the time he needs to get the XM done right.

As a warning, I may be forced to take a hostage if Curt decides to leave the hobby hardware scene for good.

How much for round trip tickets to Argentina? Any idea? ;)

• Like 1

I agree that this is quite uncalled for. I am new to the forums and I pre-ordered the XM when I first joined here. I have been watching this thread, along with all of the updates on the Legacy Engineering site. For me, this thread has been keeping me quite comfortable with regards to my pre-order. I have not felt this was taking too long in any way. I know that some folks have been waiting much longer than me, but a project of this magnitude should be expected to take a long time, and setbacks are to be expected.

To Curt...

+1 and then some. We appreciate your efforts and look forward to receiving this epic project. I hope the mods do not lock this thread, as all of the updates have been keeping us all "in the know". Additionally, it is nice to see how this project is progressing and watch it from start to finish.

I look forward to receiving my XM, regardless of how long this project takes.

feels exactly the same... Honestly there are quite few people who still don't understand that this website is for hobbyists. It means that we don't count the time or the work we dedicate to our passion. When I preordered the XM expansion, I knew exactly that it will be a longer project to do. I am very pleased to have the possibility to help Curt with a preorder like all kickstarter projects do now. I don't know how to program games for the atari 7800 but when I've seen an artistic project like this, I was more happy to invest in it than in my apple laptop...

Sermajic, have you ever involved yourself into projects that you do after your real life job? If so, your behaviour is a mystery to me...

Edited by abaudrand

Hold on just a second guys...

I understand that Curt is doing something good for the community. BUT, if you pay money for anything you would at least expect some kind of answer as to what is going on with your order after nearly TEN months.

If you've been paying attention you'd have seen plenty of updates in this thread and on the XM's page about how things are proceeding - or why they're being set back. The only complaints I can probably agree with in the threads have been with respect to people that are expecting a move in the near future or have already moved. In those cases just making sure address updates are confirmed would be sufficient.

The XM is still going to be a thing of beauty to the 7800 when it finally ships. I eagerly, yet patiently, await the doorknocker in my mailbox that will make me wait an extra day before I can pick it up. ;)

Sad times :(. I'd be most interested to know if Curt could say how many people have asked for refunds after his announcement. Looking at this thread it appears that the people trolling the product and its developers aren't actually on its pre-order list. I guess all the 7800 scene needs now is for me to announce that I'm hanging up my hat and all the trolls will be happy :roll:.

[...drove Bob (PacManPlus) out of here, and caused him to take all of his homebrew links down.

That's terrible news. I'm still interested in the XM, but I kind of wonder how much it's going to be supported at this point. As far as I could tell, PacManPlus was the best programmer out there, producing (and releasing) games at an impressive clip.

Wow - words can't express how disgusted I am with a few folks right now. Congrats on taking something done as an act of inspiration for the community and wrenching and joy out of it for the many involved. Hope you're pleased with yourself. Killjoys. Way to go!

Being one of the very few (or the only one) who preordered the XM from Argentina last year and knowing the delays involved in these projects (CT63 for the Falcon, some Atari 8 bits and Amiga projects, all supported by me in advance) I was very sorry to read this. My support to Curt and Bob.

• Like 1

I guess all the 7800 scene needs now is for me to announce that I'm hanging up my hat and all the trolls will be happy :roll:.

There seems to be some concern that I am actually leaving the 7800 scene. With hindsight I should have worded that post better because I'm not. Anyways... The trolls and XM naysayers can just F right off. All my games will be XM mandatory from now on. Even the ones that I've previously announced that work on the stock console have all been upgraded to be XM mandatory too. XM owners are in for some real treats in the coming months.

• Like 18

I guess all the 7800 scene needs now is for me to announce that I'm hanging up my hat and all the trolls will be happy :roll:.

There seems to be some concern that I am actually leaving the 7800 scene. With hindsight I should have worded that post better because I'm not. Anyways... The trolls and XM naysayers can just F right off. All my games will be XM mandatory from now on. Even the ones that I've previously announced that work on the stock console have all been upgraded to be XM mandatory too. XM owners are in for some real treats in the coming months.

Awesome!

+1 to you good sir! :thumbsup:

That.. was fast, Albert..

Not Really. He's been trolling the site for the better part of a week, and already drive Bob (PacManPlus) out of here, and caused him to take all of his homebrew links down.

This went on WAY too long.

:?

Where did this happen (i.e. link)?

+1 Groovy! Looking forward to all the treats! :)

Yeah, hopefully we can get Bob back...

As for myself, well... at least Curt acknowledged that my high score cart has gone AWOL, and fingers crossed, I might get a replacement one in the mail when he gets the chance to look at the evidence (nudge nudge, hint hint!). But I'm patient, and my philosophy is, as long as you have enough trust in a person, then as long as the product gets delivered, then that's the important thing. Most of us knew going into this that the XM might take a while to come to fruition, and that indeed has been the case.

It's a bit harsh to tell people who simply aren't interested in the XM to "F off", and it's more than a little uncalled-for.

• Like 1

The only complaints I can probably agree with in the threads have been with respect to people that are expecting a move in the near future or have already moved. In those cases just making sure address updates are confirmed would be sufficient.

how do I get it an address changed confirmed?

I'm not worried about how long it takes my ONLY concern is that my XM will arrive on someone elses doorstep

Edited by Shroo-man

As for myself, well... at least Curt acknowledged that my high score cart has gone AWOL, and fingers crossed, I might get a replacement one in the mail when he gets the chance to look at the evidence (nudge nudge, hint hint!).

I'm in the same boat, waiting on the high score cart.

-Jeff

• Like 1

It's a bit harsh to tell people who simply aren't interested in the XM to "F off", and it's more than a little uncalled-for.

I really doubt that was the intention.

I agree. "Trolls and XM naysayers" are hardly "people who simply aren't interested in the XM."

It is more than a little disingenuous to suggest otherwise.

• Like 1