IGNORED

Why not more love for Tapper?

kyle

When people talk about great 2600 games I don't see Tapper come up much. It's one of the best looking games on the 2600 just great graphics. It also has nice sound and MUSIC! Plus great gameplay! It's one the best arcade ports on the 2600.

Indeed! I usually try to mention it when people ask what some of the best games are for the system.

Tapper is one of the best arcade ports on the 2600 period. It captures the action of the arcade game beautifully and the fact that they were able to squeeze in the bonus round screen is also amazing I think. They could have left that out and nobody who is familiar with the VCS would've blinked an eye.

This may upset someone who was hoping to keep it "secret," but a large lot of 2600 games with TAPPER in it just popped up on shopgoodwill.com:

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=7274979

Apologies to anyone who was hoping to keep that one quiet, but we are all watching anyways, so hard to believe that it could be kept on the "down low" for long . . .

:P

The bid is now at $34.99, but it ends on the 15th, so I expect it will continue to climb.

Good luck to any and all that jump in on that!

-a2a

When people talk about great 2600 games I don't see Tapper come up much. It's one of the best looking games on the 2600 just great graphics. It also has nice sound and MUSIC! Plus great gameplay! It's one the best arcade ports on the 2600.

Maybe it is overlooked because it came out in 1984, around the time of the crash.

I never liked it because it's too much like that horrible I Love Lucy episode with the chocolate candy coming down a conveyor belt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wp3m1vg06Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wp3m1vg06Q&rel=0&fmt=35&showinfo=0

Not my idea of fun.

• Like 3

Too pricey, honestly

You know I'm not sure how many games came out after and during the crash around 1984 but man where there some good ones not only Tapper but games like H.E.R.O and Kung Fu Master come to mind. What others??

Edited by kyle

Too pricey, honestly

My Harmony Cart would beg to differ. lol (yes, I own the original too of course)

What do these go for, $15-$25? Easily worth it as it truly is one of the best games for the 2600.

@ Kyle:

...pretty much anything that came out in the late 80's are works of art, but especially these:

Defender II

Gravitar

Jr. Pac-Man

Midnight Magic

Road Runner

Solaris

Sprintmaster

Too pricey, honestly

My Harmony Cart would beg to differ. lol (yes, I own the original too of course)

What do these go for, $15-$25? Easily worth it as it truly is one of the best games for the 2600.

@ Kyle:

...pretty much anything that came out in the late 80's are works of art, but especially these:

Defender II

Gravitar

Jr. Pac-Man

Midnight Magic

Road Runner

Solaris

Sprintmaster

Yeah I know all those games and have them all. I'm asking about games that came out around 1984. Most of the ones you listed came out after Atari came back in the late 80's. like Road Runner. Though I'm sure a game like Jr-Pac-Man would have came out before 87 had the crash never took place. Pitfall II was Released in 1984 too right? Did anyone else besides Activision and Sega make 2600 games in 1984?

Yes, that's a great game. But as said above, it's not very common, so not a lot of people have played it (probably because of its late release date). I like all the games listed above as late releases,and I'd also add Crossbow, Desert Falcon, and Crystal Castles (three more red label gems).

Edited by littleman jack