IGNORED

UCSD Pascal documentation

retroclouds

P-Code does not work in Classic99 unfortunately. If you try to edit a file, you get a stack overflow error...

It works with the TI disk controller - which is what the video shows you how to activate. With globeron's help I isolated the cause of the fault and with the next release it will also work with the Classic99 disk controller. (It still requires a disk image, though, since it works with raw sector access).

Edited by Tursi

It works with the TI disk controller - which is what the video shows you how to activate. With globeron's help I isolated the cause of the fault and with the next release it will also work with the Classic99 disk controller. (It still requires a disk image, though, since it works with raw sector access).

Hmmm... I edited the classic.ini file and changed all the drives to type 3, but I still get the same error.

EDIT: OK I figured it out. I thought that the disk types in the .ini file were global to any disk, but apparently they default to Type 1 or 2 every time a new disk is loaded. So first the p-code disks need to be loaded, then the .ini file needs to be edited. Well at least it now works, which is great!

• Like 1

Yes, that's only because the TI DSR isn't fully supported yet, so it's not in the GUI.

That said, technically it works if /any/ disk is set to the TI disk controller, it doesn't actually have to be one of the PCode ones. It just needs the TI initialization code to have run. However, since the TI DSR only supports DSK1-DSK3, putting it on another disk index makes that disk inaccessible, so that just sort of complicates the instruction. But if you needed to be able to change PCode disks at runtime, you could set (for instance) DSK0 to the TI Controller type, and then use DSK1-DSK3 normally, that works.

Next release has that all cleared up. I am glad that it was much simpler than any of the theories we had before. ;)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

WTB: p-code card with related disks.

Please make me an offer.

Shipping to Italy.

Thx

I just purchased a PEB full of cards and a P-Code card is also in it. I wont be receiving it until the end of the week but feel free to PM me and make an offer. It is just the card as no disks are coming with it but I think all of the disks are on the whtech website (I will try and confirm this). I will be happy to ship to Italy. I have family in Bari and Calabria :grin:

Edited by TI-GAMER

P-Code does not work in Classic99 unfortunately. If you try to edit a file, you get a stack overflow error...

Also in MESS, you need to select the legacy TI disk controller to be able to read disk files, not the standard one. This is a bug that will be fixed with the next MESS version.

P-code works in Classic99 (you need to edit the .ini file) to select the original diskcontroller (see the video for details)

• Like 1

P-code works in Classic99 (you need to edit the .ini file) to select the original diskcontroller (see the video for details)

As of the current release, this is no longer required. But you DO have to use disk images for the Pascal disks, and they may only work in drives 1-3. :)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Here are the UCSD system disk images in v9t9/MESS format.

Friends, how to create real floppy from these disks image ?

I have converted that images for my HxC SD and now with the PEB could i copy them on a Real floppy ?

i need to do it by UCSD P-Code Card ?

Edited by ti99iuc

Friends, how to create real floppy from these disks image ?

I have converted that images for my HxC SD and now with the PEB could i copy them on a Real floppy ?

i need to do it by UCSD P-Code Card ?

I believe I used the HDX setup with DSK2PC to create real disks from the dsk images...

• Like 2

There were the disks from the standard UCSD Pascal set, the Personal Tax Plan, TI Pilot programming language, and a UCSD Pascal Word Processor (my copy actually has a hardware dongle that looks like a cartridge, and it won't run without it). There is also a FORTRAN 77 package floating about, but the disks I've seen with it on them had a broken copy of it. . .of course, there are also all of the disks from the USUS user's group--many of the Pascal programs on those will run on the TI.

• Like 2