IGNORED

Topic for newbies or veterans returning to Atari

Philsan

• 1 month later...

Can anyone provide a link to SIO2PC software for the PC side to provide directory services to the SIO Atari side? (I'm searching not finding) I owned a registered copy of APE 12 years ago but even if I find the old cable and disk now PC's have no disks no floppy not even DVD's and the old cable was/is Serial 9 pin not USB all computers now have USB. HAH such a difference 12 years makes in computer designs.

5 hours ago, Ray Gillman said:

Can anyone provide a link to SIO2PC software for the PC side to provide directory services to the SIO Atari side? (I'm searching not finding) I owned a registered copy of APE 12 years ago but even if I find the old cable and disk now PC's have no disks no floppy not even DVD's and the old cable was/is Serial 9 pin not USB all computers now have USB. HAH such a difference 12 years makes in computer designs.

You can use RespeQt https://github.com/josch1710/RespeQt/releases/tag/v5.4RC1

Subforum dedicated to RespeQt SIO2PC Software: https://forums.atariage.com/forum/184-respeqt-sio2pc-software/

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just got my 130XEs out of the closet (have 2) along with floppy drives and a few carts. Going to have to re-learn the languages and OS, have Mapping the Atari and a few other books still hanging around. Also 6502 Assembly Language. I wrote a few programs that got published back in the day, half a dozen or so in Antic and one in Analog. So, looks like it will be fun, but have a lot to re-learn! Been programming in Python and Java recently. Any suggestions?

Jeff Summers

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jefsummers said:

Just got my 130XEs out of the closet (have 2) along with floppy drives and a few carts. Going to have to re-learn the languages and OS, have Mapping the Atari and a few other books still hanging around. Also 6502 Assembly Language. I wrote a few programs that got published back in the day, half a dozen or so in Antic and one in Analog. So, looks like it will be fun, but have a lot to re-learn! Been programming in Python and Java recently. Any suggestions?

Jeff Summers

Welcome Jeff!

In the first post, section 6, there are some infos and a link to the programming subforum.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/8/2024 at 6:24 PM, jefsummers said:

Jeff Summers

If you're interested in assembly language, then Mads (you can also find the Mad Pascal compiler on that page) or CA65 (part of the CC65, C language system) are both good cross-assemblers.

If you want to develop on native hardware, then Mac/65 is a popular option.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

this is Thimo aka Lord Chaos and I was absent from ATARI and retro gaming for many years. I recently Wenn home and my old ATARI 800 XL, a Speedy Floppy 1050, a 130 XE and a Mega Ste plus and old TV Arena still there and many disks, I was working on a 3D dungeon crawler back in the Day.

I will aquire new Power supplies soon and I hope That the computers still work.

Hope I can unearth the old stuff and my Sourcecodes.

Thimo

• Like 6