IGNORED

Atari 8 bit repros at Video 61

BrianC

:lust: I love my Atari :lust:

Plus I'm very glad there are still people out there selling atari vintage stuff and keeping the hobby going! If I need a keyboard for my xl I know where to buy a new one, if I need a new mouse for my Atari 1040 ST I know where to go, If I need a sealed XE/XEGS game I know where to go!!! ...now how cool is that!!!

Plus I'm very glad there are still people out there selling atari vintage stuff and keeping the hobby going! If I need a keyboard for my xl I know where to buy a new one, if I need a new mouse for my Atari 1040 ST I know where to go, If I need a sealed XE/XEGS game I know where to go!!! ...now how cool is that!!!

Absolutely!!! I could not have said it better.

Time to close this subject guys.

Brian, you will obviously not buy from lance and lance is obviously not interested in selling to you so lets leave this subject dead and move on to things that are fun and cool for our awesome 8 bits.

Atarians Unite!!!

=)

Brian, you will obviously not buy from lance and lance is obviously not interested in selling to you so lets leave this subject dead and move on to things that are fun and cool for our awesome 8 bits.

Atarians Unite!!!

=)

What a rude thing to say, both of you. Why are you doing this? The point of the last message wasn't who will buy from whom and shows what happened between both me, Lance, and First Star. I even included a link to the topic where someone bought a repro of Boulderdash and I'm being treated like a bad guy for asking a RELIABLE source if a company is on the up and up. BTW, I kept the email that I posted and it proves neither of you had the rights to make repros of Boulderdash until after I contacted Firststar (which I had to find out from firststar themselves). Albert, please close this, this is turning into a real hate fest and these replies claiming that I'm at fault. The fact that video is telling lies and half truths only makes it worse. Rude posts doing nothing but make light of this only make it worse too. All I want is a normal conversation without this internet crap....

Edited by BrianC
  • Like 9

Atarians Unite!!!

=)

What a rude thing to say, both of you. Why are you doing this? The point of the last message wasn't who will buy from whom and shows what happened between both me, Lance, and First Star. I even included a link to the topic where someone bought a repro of Boulderdash and I'm being treated like a bad guy for asking a RELIABLE source is a company is on the up and up.

I was not casting any dispersions on you or taking sides. as I'm sure Qix_Maniac will agree, I think this should be dropped here and any further discussions on it should be done in private Messages or Email between You and Lance.

Noting More was intended. I think Qix_maniac was just trying to lighten the mood and change the subject to something a little more light hearted and i was just agreeing with him.

=)

• Like 2

I think this says it all:

No problem Brian. Thank you for contacting us in the first place. We certainly didn't mean to get you involved. As it turned out Video61 did indeed have TONS of finished goods they purchased from different sources decades ago; but, they (as well as Atari Sales) do make cartridges today and that is not permitted-well it wasn't but we'll be working out a royalty structure with Atari Sales (who sells carts to Video61) so everyone benefits.

Thank you again for your kind understanding.

Have a great weekend,

Richard

------Original Message------

To: Richard Spitalny

Subject: Re: Email about video 61

Sent: Feb 25, 2011 9:35 PM

ok. Thanks for the reply. Sorry about the tone in last message. It seems Video 61 wasn't honest with me and I'm sorry I was hasty.

On Feb 25, 2011, at 8:54 PM, rspitalny@firststarsoftware.com wrote:

Brian,

I'm sorry you feel you were caught in the middle. We NEVER mentioned you or anyone by name.

We did deep research before contacting them.

BOTH companies DO manufacture new copies of our games and this had to be resolved and has been to everyone's mutual satisfaction.

The inventory that Video61 has, that is original is different.

We have no idea how this somehow made its way back to you but I do apologize.

The conversation with Video61 occurred late on a Friday and Dianne had left and she wanted to contact you herself and had no idea that this couldn't wait until Monday.

Again, we're sorry,

Richard

(President, First Star Software)

------Original Message------

To: info@firststarsoftware.com

Subject: Email about video 61

Sent: Feb 25, 2011 8:11 PM

Dear Firststar,

I had a nasty reply from video 61 due to your mistake in going straight to accusing them. I asked if they were legit with Boulderdash becuase I thought you would know for sure about this matter rather than causing a scene. I was thinking of buying from them and wanted to check to see if it was licensed from you. I'm especially disappointed that you never sent me a reply back telling me that they were legit and left me to be the scapegoat.

-Brian Clark

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Here's what Video 61 sent:

Brian,

why didn't you just ask me first? some of the carts i sell are loose carts, and i would let you know they are loose, because that is all i got from atari. i must have a 100 or more loose carts of each of these titles, pacman, ozzys orchard, abracadabra, as well as many others.

so if you only want boxed ones, please ask. its what most of my customers do. boulderdash is loose, but astrochase is boxed, etc.

i bought many many games out of atari, i also spent much time and money acquiring other games. visit scott adams of adventure international, and you will see a direct link on his site, to mine. he gave me permission to port his games to cart, and sell them. i used to pay him a license fee, but he kindly dropped that after about a decade. i do not need constant fighting over this. it will be hard to swallow the cost of this.

you could start by mentioning on atariage, that you goofed, and i have the right to sell my inventory, otherwise it will cast a pall over my business that i do not need.

lance

www.atarisales.com

On Feb 25, 2011, at 6:59 PM, Brian Clark wrote:

I'm sorry about firststar's response to my email to them. I asked them about your games becuase I was interested in ordering Boulderdash and I thought they would know for sure if any deals were made with them. Anyway, if you read my posts in the Atariage forum, you would know I asked becuase I was interested in some of the games in the store and I like to play it safe before I order things. I don't know what to do to make it up, but I feel Firststar is more at fault here.

-Brian Clark aka BrianC

Maybe "threats" was a bit harsh, but in this very topic you tell me I owe you over this and then you talk to me in a condesending tone telling me to make your business lookmgood. That comes across as shady to me.

i am putting this behind me.

Arrgh. I hate to see a loyal Atari 8bit dealer get stressed. I expressed some skepticism about the list myself, in part because I didn't realize what a mixed bag (repros, originals, you-name-its) I was looking at, or how hard Video 61 has worked over the years to get the permissions. Sorry!

To try to ease any aggravations I contributed to, I am ordering 7 titles from Video 61. If anyone else wants to get some too, here's the cartridges page and here's the disks page.

Lance, please chalk up the last 36 hours or whatever to a misunderstanding and silly kerfluffle that no-one should stay mad about for long.

TiN[]BoX

Brian, I'm a bit confused as to why you are angry at First Star Software. You did post in this thread that you had contacted them so it wasn't hard for Lance to put 2 and 2 together and see what had prompted First Star to contact him - First Star only acted on your correspondence to them.

Brian, I'm a bit confused as to why you are angry at First Star Software. You did post in this thread that you had contacted them so it wasn't hard for Lance to put 2 and 2 together and see what had prompted First Star to contact him - First Star only acted on your correspondence to them.

I'm not angry at first star. The top post was the last one recieved. I was angry when Lance sent his message before giving me the full story and after firststar gave me the full story, I'm no longer angry. BTW, I knew that Lance got permission for some of his games, but Boulderdash is a property where companies made deals to sell it in the past. BTW, I'm well aware not all the games on the list are repros, but, as was said, the list doesn't say which are repros and which aren't (and Boulderdash is one that was a repro (which I found out about from a post here on the Atari Age forums and even linked to with a hyperlink in a previous post with the word "This". Why are those missed?) and before I emailed Firststar, it was sold without permission). Please read the first star emails again, from bottom to top.

When I was angry at firststar, I thought Lance got permission for Boulderdash before I contacted firststar, but firststar told me otherwise. BTW, I don't think there would have been any issue if the permission for Boulderdash was secured in the first place.

Edited by BrianC

also, if you read previous posts I made a post with proof that Lance got the rights to Archer MacLean and even said in the first post in this topic that I knew that he had permission for some of his games, I don't know why Lance went on me about cart only games since I knew not all were cart only, that not all were repros, and that Boulderdash was the game in question.

I've heard rumors Kjmann got a lot of grief on ebay for selling reproductions and not stating as such. I myself like the enhancments of the games as if they are sold as reproductions and stated they are then no one should be upset. I just wish the quality of the cartridge labels at v61 where as sharp as those Kjmann produces with his carts.

I'd know what I'm buying and therefore would buy from both of them...maybe Brian you were trying to get some free stuff either from FirstStar or V61 by raising hell!? :D

I think this thread should be deleted all together in my opinion!

Edited by qix_maniac

On Behalf of Steve Carden:

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAahahahahahAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahahahahaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahahAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

(passed out from laughing too hard)

(recovered conciousness)

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAahahahahahAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahahahahaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahahAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAahahahahahAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahahahahaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahahAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

(shit on self from laughing so hard and had to stop to clean it up)

(cleaned, and with a fresh pair of drawers)

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAahahahahahAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahahahahaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahahAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAahahahahahAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahahahahaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahahAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAahahahahahAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahahahahaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahahAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

Ahem...

But seriously..

COULDNT HAVE HAPPENED TO A NICER GUY!

Hugs & Kisses, Lance!

Edited by MEtalGuy66
  • Like 4

Arrgh. I hate to see a loyal Atari 8bit dealer get stressed. I expressed some skepticism about the list myself, in part because I didn't realize what a mixed bag (repros, originals, you-name-its) I was looking at, or how hard Video 61 has worked over the years to get the permissions. Sorry!

To try to ease any aggravations I contributed to, I am ordering 7 titles from Video 61. If anyone else wants to get some too, here's the cartridges page and here's the disks page.

Lance, please chalk up the last 36 hours or whatever to a misunderstanding and silly kerfluffle that no-one should stay mad about for long.

TiN[]BoX

I agree, this is ridiculous, nobody is becoming a millionaire from selling Atari hardware. Dealers are few now, and they need to be supported....

I agree, this is ridiculous, nobody is becoming a millionaire from selling Atari hardware. Dealers are few now, and they need to be supported....

Without getting in the actual subject, which I don't know who was right o who was wrong... I have to say that we have to support our add-on vendor (atarimax (steve) , candle...) for sure. The other vendors, like Best Electronics , B& C and others alike, is great if we can support them, but lete's not forget that they are selling either to make money or to recover losses. Otherwise, they would only charge shipping and handling, but some of this vendor would charge lots of money for some parts...

So, support the ones that treat you nice, support the ones that add something to our A8 computers (add-ons) but let just not support because there are a few of them.

• Like 2

Without getting in the actual subject, which I don't know who was right o who was wrong... I have to say that we have to support our add-on vendor (atarimax (steve) , candle...) for sure. The other vendors, like Best Electronics , B& C and others alike, is great if we can support them, but lete's not forget that they are selling either to make money or to recover losses. Otherwise, they would only charge shipping and handling, but some of this vendor would charge lots of money for some parts...

So, support the ones that treat you nice, support the ones that add something to our A8 computers (add-ons) but let just not support because there are a few of them.

If they are only in it to make money then why do they only sell "one per customer" for some of the titles they sell??? ...that's a bit confusing to me :D

and I prefer to support "vintage" sellers since I like original stuff mostly

If they are only in it to make money then why do they only sell "one per customer" for some of the titles they sell??? ...that's a bit confusing to me :D

If I were a vintage game seller and were selling games I only had a few copies left of, I'd likely implement a "one per customer" policy to allow the max number of enthusiasts a chance at getting one of a dwindling amount of old stock.

If I were a vintage game seller and were selling games I only had a few copies left of, I'd likely implement a "one per customer" policy to allow the max number of enthusiasts a chance at getting one of a dwindling amount of old stock.

Bradley at Best did this with case badges - one per order for 65XE badges before they ran out. I got around it by putting in three or four small orders, of course. icon_smile.gif

Edited by flashjazzcat

I agree for the most part with your statement, although I think that some sellers just aren't "playing fair" with the community, and should be avoided.

Lance, I think that you should invest in a keyboard with a shift key. At the very least, it will make your messages come across more professional.

I'm not angry at first star. The top post was the last one recieved. I was angry when Lance sent his message before giving me the full story and after firststar gave me the full story, I'm no longer angry. BTW, I knew that Lance got permission for some of his games, but Boulderdash is a property where companies made deals to sell it in the past. BTW, I'm well aware not all the games on the list are repros, but, as was said, the list doesn't say which are repros and which aren't (and Boulderdash is one that was a repro (which I found out about from a post here on the Atari Age forums and even linked to with a hyperlink in a previous post with the word "This". Why are those missed?) and before I emailed Firststar, it was sold without permission). Please read the first star emails again, from bottom to top.

When I was angry at firststar, I thought Lance got permission for Boulderdash before I contacted firststar, but firststar told me otherwise. BTW, I don't think there would have been any issue if the permission for Boulderdash was secured in the first place.

at this stage of A8 who really cares. be happy there is a place to buy such items. Don't rock the boat.

On Behalf of Steve Carden:

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAahahahahahAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahahahahaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahahAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

(passed out from laughing too hard)

(recovered conciousness)

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAahahahahahAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahahahahaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahahAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAahahahahahAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahahahahaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahahAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

(shit on self from laughing so hard and had to stop to clean it up)

(cleaned, and with a fresh pair of drawers)

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAahahahahahAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahahahahaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahahAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAahahahahahAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahahahahaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahahAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAahahahahahAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahahahahaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahahAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

Ahem...

But seriously..

COULDNT HAVE HAPPENED TO A NICER GUY!

Hugs & Kisses, Lance!

hey i too get a all over warm and fuzzy feeling when i see your name, and of course cardins name. please pass along all of my bests to him. as well as lots of hugs and kisses for both of you:)

i do hope that what i am posting will not rain on your parade, this has worked out well for me, i now get to publish a first star title i never got to publish in the past(boulderdash construction levels), and one i also ran out of(bristles), and the one i am almost out of(i only have 3 boulderdash carts left i got out of atari). hugs and kisses, hope you are having a nice day.

Hello Lance,

Thank you for your prompt reply and sharing with us how it came to pass that you have original, packaged copies of our games.

You do, indeed, have First Star Software's permission to continue to sell any original inventory, manufactured in the past, that you possess. Our only concern was that new, unauthorized copies of our games were being manufactured and sold.

Please feel free to publish/share this email with others. e.g. on your site, in forums, etc.

We thank you for your support years ago and we wish you continued success!

Most cordially,

Richard

=========================

Richard M. Spitalny

President, First Star Software, Inc.

24 Tanglewild Road

Chappaqua, New York  10514

Follow us on Twitter @RealBoulderDash

++ (1) 914.238.3073 phone

++ (1) 914.238.3076 fax

rspitalny@firststarsoftware.com

http://www.firststarsoftware.com

Lance,

Thank you for your call on Friday, February 25, 2011, after receipt of our/First Star Software, Inc. ('FSS") cease and desist email.  I am pleased that we were able to clarify things related to your sales of your current inventory of finished goods, which may continue without royalty obligations to FSS, as well as how to proceed with the manufacturing, marketing and sales of new inventory.

Thank you!

We look forward to a mutually beneficial, long-term relationship,

Richard

==========================

Richard M. Spitalny

President, First Star Software, Inc.

24 Tanglewild Road

Chappaqua, New York  10514

++ (1) 914.238.3073 phone

++ (1) 914.238.3076 fax

rspitalny@firststarsoftware.com

http://www.firststarsoftware.com

Follow us on Twitter @RealBoulderDash

when i acquired the rights to power star from pandora software. i made the deal with pandora, that i would not gouge the public on price for the last of the original boxed inventory that they had. i also said i would limit one per customer, so that it would make it harder for the e-bay types to acquire them, and then auction them off slowly. that made pandora very happy. i am sorry about the confusion.

• Like 1