IGNORED

Is it necessary to know why someone is selling?

Rev

Picture of the fridge...Samsung RF4287HARS $2999.00

28 cu. ft. Total Capacity

FlexZone Drawer

ENERGY STAR® Compliant

French Door

And yes...having been married for 10 years...I have admitted defeat and have submitted to my wife's will ;)

FYI That Unit will last about 4 to 5 years. Awesome looking but there built to DIE after 4 to 5 years.

Thats an average, so some will go abit longer, some not as long.

Edited by bandit

FlexZone Drawer

ENERGY STAR® Compliant

French Door

And yes...having been married for 10 years...I have admitted defeat and have submitted to my wife's will ;)

My wife made me buy one of these as well. I have to say it is pretty awesome though.

FlexZone Drawer

ENERGY STAR® Compliant

French Door

FYI That Unit will last about 4 to 5 years. Awesome looking but there built to DIE after 4 to 5 years.

Do you work for Samsung? Are you one of their engineers? Just curious seeing as how this particular model is new to the market and there is no 5 year service history to go on. Not trying to come across as an ass...just...curious... :ponder:

Do you work for Samsung? Are you one of their engineers? Just curious seeing as how this particular model is new to the market and there is no 5 year service history to go on. Not trying to come across as an ass...just...curious... :ponder:

I sold appliances on and off for Sears over the course of 15 years. Today's appliances are NOT built as well as they were 30+ years ago, BUT... 5 years average? Nah. I'd say 10 at least before you might start to have problems. There's too many computer boards inside these things today and NOBODY knows how to work on 'em anymore. They just replace a board or two and see what happens. Spent $400 repairing my monstrous G.E. fridge over the last two years and that's exactly how it played out. What a POS. Ice maker through the door, crushes ice two ways, but I know better than to purchase a side by side. This one happened to come with the house. Can't wait for it to finally die, then I'll treat us to a nice bottom mount freezer and sell mine for a few hundred to a redneck that feels the need to have a fridge in their garage :lol:

As an aside... funny story. The appliance monkey that came over (not from Sears) literally shat himself when he entered the house. This particular service guy was more than nosey. He literally stopped in his tracks and looked the place over, mouth agape. Seemed like for minutes. I'm pretty sensitive to assholes casing the joint, so I finally had to say something. I told him the fridge is over *here* and motioned him toward it. Guy was staring at a cocktail Space Invaders sitting in the living room that I had just got through beautifully restoring. After he sets his crap down, he proceeds to ask me if that's what he thinks it is. I asked him what? What is 'what' you think is? Guy then starts reminiscing about old arcade games and blah, blah, blah. So I did the courteous thing and "entertained" him a bit with some banter that went nowhere fast. Can't tell you how many people claim they want this and they want that. Yet, I never hear from them. Ever. Not since I moved to WI anyway. Silly dreamers! Arcade ownership is NOT that elusive of a thing. :ponder:

BTW: this particular appliance service monkey didn't know jack about my fridge. I purposely hired a local outfit (I'm funny that way when it comes to supporting local economies) that claimed they worked on G.E.'s. Guy had to come out twice, with two different boards. On the second trip, he admitted nobody there knows G.E. stuff. I then got a little miffed that my fridge still didn't operate properly after $275 and proceeded to get part numbers from their "service manager". No way was I going to pay someone to experiment on my $1400 appliance, only to charge me for it. They were amicable about the second service call, but I purchased the necessary parts and installed them myself. Thanks, please drive thru!

• Like 1

I sold appliances on and off for Sears over the course of 15 years. Today's appliances are NOT built as well as they were 30+ years ago, BUT... 5 years average? Nah. I'd say 10 at least before you might start to have problems. There's too many computer boards inside these things today and NOBODY knows how to work on 'em anymore. They just replace a board or two and see what happens. Spent $400 repairing my monstrous G.E. fridge over the last two years and that's exactly how it played out. What a POS. Ice maker through the door, crushes ice two ways, but I know better than to purchase a side by side. This one happened to come with the house. Can't wait for it to finally die, then I'll treat us to a nice bottom mount freezer and sell mine for a few hundred to a redneck that feels the need to have a fridge in their garage :lol:

As an aside... funny story. The appliance monkey that came over (not from Sears) literally shat himself when he entered the house. This particular service guy was more than nosey. He literally stopped in his tracks and looked the place over, mouth agape. Seemed like for minutes. I'm pretty sensitive to assholes casing the joint, so I finally had to say something. I told him the fridge is over *here* and motioned him toward it. Guy was staring at a cocktail Space Invaders sitting in the living room that I had just got through beautifully restoring. After he sets his crap down, he proceeds to ask me if that's what he thinks it is. I asked him what? What is 'what' you think is? Guy then starts reminiscing about old arcade games and blah, blah, blah. So I did the courteous thing and "entertained" him a bit with some banter that went nowhere fast. Can't tell you how many people claim they want this and they want that. Yet, I never hear from them. Ever. Not since I moved to WI anyway. Silly dreamers! Arcade ownership is NOT that elusive of a thing. :ponder:

BTW: this particular appliance service monkey didn't know jack about my fridge. I purposely hired a local outfit (I'm funny that way when it comes to supporting local economies) that claimed they worked on G.E.'s. Guy had to come out twice, with two different boards. On the second trip, he admitted nobody there knows G.E. stuff. I then got a little miffed that my fridge still didn't operate properly after $275 and proceeded to get part numbers from their "service manager". No way was I going to pay someone to experiment on my $1400 appliance, only to charge me for it. They were amicable about the second service call, but I purchased the necessary parts and installed them myself. Thanks, please drive thru!

One of the most entertaining posts in quite some time...bravo :D

Why do people come here to sell stuff and feel compelled to give the reason why they are selling there stuff?

People on ebay don't give reasons like 'fridge fund' 'kid's bicycle' 'car repairs' and so on......

And yes...i have too much free time to come up with threads like this...:)

To be honest i don't really give a fuck what his story is, im a buyer looking for what i need and a good deal to boot..

most of these story's are more like listening to a prisoner telling you there innocent.

:D i loved your analogy.

The internet installer for the local DSL company was here yesterday. Looked at my games and said, "you got a lot of movies." He didn't know how to use a computer, had to call in several times. Once the line was in I told him I'd figure it out from there and let him go on his way. Dumb as a brick.

AX

FlexZone Drawer

ENERGY STAR® Compliant

French Door

No, I do not work for samsung, I do contract warrenty repair and out of warrenty repair. True This model is not 5 years old, But the Parts and build is the same which on average Last 4 to 5 years IE: compressor ect..

Also there are parts that break that can not be bought, GE and Whirlpool Buy those also (bottom freezer). And they will replace the unit if one of those parts fail after warrenty, but LG and samsung will not. Iam not sure what Sears does ?

Back in 1970 things were built to last, Today GE and whirlpool have a few things that still last, but there getting fewer . Ge still makes a dishwasher with a 25 year average. For how much longer though ..

Edited by bandit

I am not sure what Sears does?

Sears will send the absolute greasiest fattest cigarette smoking bastard who coughs non-stop and ruins the trim work in your house as he squeezes himself and his toolbelt through the doors. Shortly after that and now that he's out of breath walking to the appliance, he'll then scratch your floors all up as he slides his tools and your appliances around. After he wrestles with the fridge for a few minutes, he'll then rip the cord and waterline right out because he needed 10 ft of space behind the damn thing in order to work on it. After he squeezes his fat ass behind your appliance, you'll need to hire a contractor to come out and repair the wall thanks to his lumbering clumsiness. By this time, the guy is sweating bullets and is literally drenched sitting in a pool of his own sweat. After the guy finally gets himself up after several minutes of trying to read a schematic, you'll now have another problem on your hands since he just ruined whatever it was he used to help himself up. Shortly after he rinses himself off in your sink, he'll then explain that he doesn't have the right part on him and that he'll need to come out and start all over again icon_lol.gif

That's a typical Sears service call and damn are their parts and "service" ridiculously overpriced.

What I described though literally just happened to a friend of mine, but with a Charter cable guy who there to install some new ripoff bundle (hi-speed internet, cable and phone). Guy was so big that he literally did end up ruining their entertainment center AND the trim through the front door. When I asked why they didn't let him in through the garage, they said hell no - he would surely scratched up their mint collectors condition 1991 Camaro on the way in, he was *that* big. icon_rolling.gif

• Like 1

To the OP: No. Not necessary. Good to get the info though. Use it, or not, but you never know what might be of value, or on the flip side, what might throw you off. That's the game right there.

Re: Big service people.

As long as somebody handles themselves with some effort to do the right thing, no worries. A skanky, slim, greasy dude, who is clumsy can do just as much damage.

It's easy to target the big people, but the truth is, there are just good service techs and field engineers and not so good ones, IMHO.

For home services, I tend to think there are not so many good ones. My experiences haven't been stellar over the years.

There is your DIY motivation right there.

Save2600 hates fat people.

AX

No I don't! icon_rolling.gif

It's just that when in a service field such as this, a 400 pound man oft times brings along a whole other set of problems you didn't have before you let them through your door. icon_lol.gif

On a dead serious note though (no pun intended) a good acquaintance of mine, who was a service guy for Sears that I met through work and was a hefty bloke, literally died on the job of a heart attack. In his van, right outside of a customers home. Sad, sad stuff.

And Potatohead, you're absolutely right - bad clumsy greasy skinny dudes can louse a place up too. They're usually in a big hurry to get on to the next job and will leave debris (such as solder splashes, cut wires) laying about but that seems to happen with anyone anymore. Cable, Phone, Internet people... service today just sucks in general. Keep in mind guys, posts like this from me are mostly for entertainment purposes only. They are based on real life experiences and observations, but I'm not out to purposely insult anyone in particular. icon_smile.gif

AX

No I don't! icon_rolling.gif

It's just that when in a service field such as this, a 400 pound man oft times brings along a whole other set of problems you didn't have before you let them through your door. icon_lol.gif

On a dead serious note though (no pun intended) a good acquaintance of mine, who was a service guy for Sears that I met through work and was a hefty bloke, literally died on the job of a heart attack. In his van, right outside of a customers home. Sad, sad stuff.

And Potatohead, you're absolutely right - bad clumsy greasy skinny dudes can louse a place up too. They're usually in a big hurry to get on to the next job and will leave debris (such as solder splashes, cut wires) laying about. Keep in mind guys, posts like this from me are mostly for entertainment purposes only. They are based on experiences, but I'm not out to purposely insult anyone in particular. icon_smile.gif

:rolling::D:rolling::D:rolling::D:rolling::D:rolling::D

He thought I was serious.

AX

Nice one AX.

One can never be too careful at times. You sucked us right in!

Yeah, service just isn't that good these days. Sometimes it is, and man, when I get that, I am always careful to get contact info. Good people are hard to find, especially plumbers.

I like the kind that tell you how to do stuff, and what steps to take to prevent a future visit. That's service, because you might not be a customer as often, but those referrals can really add up!

Why do people come here to sell stuff and feel compelled to give the reason why they are selling there stuff?

People on ebay don't give reasons like 'fridge fund' 'kid's bicycle' 'car repairs' and so on......

And yes...i have too much free time to come up with threads like this...:)

No, not at all I feel it is unnecessary and also unprofessional. Sell it on it's own merits, the only thing I want to know is if it works or not

AX

I do... they're the last minority it's okay to pick on!

That's not a serious comment, BTW.

Good thing you added that! I was getting ready to head up the 5 to defend my gravitationally challenged homeboy!

EDIT: Not that he couldnt handle the situation on his own; Im just the closest member of his Music City Mafia. We got our eye on you! :D :D

Edited by Chuck D. Head