IGNORED

Is it necessary to know why someone is selling?

Rev

What I really like is the sales thread that goes on and on and then no one buys from it so the User posts "Don't make me move this stuff to ebay!"

If no one wants to buy your stuff move on....there is a reason....Hell, 80% of AA has blocked my posts so they never see what they are missing when it get sposted...I'm ok with that..I never threaten to use ebay..I hate that place.....

There are so many good nice people here at Atariage.....keep it civil....

I thought some nice chatter on selling, that supported that user, would just boil down to a few nice, free thread bumps. Oh well.

Not in the market here. Let's just say I've got the basics covered and am happy about that right now. Tough times.

Good luck selling it, and I completely agree. Go big or go home.

On things that will see a long service life, I always buy thinking very long term. Makes sense. Dollars / year aren't much either way. Might as well get something solid and gratifying.

Edited by potatohead

I thought some nice chatter on selling, that supported that user, would just boil down to a few nice, free thread bumps. Oh well.

Not in the market here. Let's just say I've got the basics covered and am happy about that right now. Tough times.

On things that will see a long service life, I always buy thinking very long term. Makes sense. Dollars / year aren't much either way. Might as well get something solid and gratifying.

Thanks man, my day is looking better already :D

It's fine when someone says: "Whoops, something came up! I hate to do it, but I need to make some quick cash" for whatever reason. When people drone on and on and project themselves to be sorry sacks of shit is when I have a problem with it. Major red flag and while I've in the past, tried to "help out", I've learned that more often than not, these types of people are beyond that brand of help.

• Like 2

People on ebay don't give reasons like 'fridge fund' 'kid's bicycle' 'car repairs' and so on......

LOL! I wonder who that could be!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1ciJRFMBEc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElzxMFmxlo4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1-BpHXFvI0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQRcm-JXOsA

Just wow! I was having a crappy morning to what is predestined to be an extra crappy day and then I watched these videos and now I am all full of rainbows and unicorns. Amazing how one douchebag inspired so much creativity! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks man, my day is looking better already :D

From where I stand, making wifey happy pays off. Mine is a good one, and she puts up with the retro / electronics hobby well, and we game together too. Kind of odd sometimes, being in our mid 40's, geeking out on some game, playing, munching on stuff... I'm happy we are in a space to do that.

And wives that ask for better appliances generally make use of them. This year, I got her some great, new, all stainless cook ware. Been needing it for years, cooking in crap. So, now I've munched on some killer dinners, and we have a regular let's watch the food channel, and cook up a good meal evenings.

Life is good. There are way worse reasons for pitching some of your stuff.

Just when you thought I ran out of material, I have yet another video in the works! :)

HA HA!

You must please disclose how you made those videos!! What programs? That was really funny, and quite powerful imagery!

Well-done.

Audio: FL Studio and WaveLab

Artwork: MS Paint & GIMP

Video: Windows Movie Maker

I don't like to know if people are selling because money is tight. Like to pay the rent or keep the house or something. Thats just me, I feel bad for people when I know those things and I don't like to feel bad for people.

I pretty much assume people are selling duplicates to make room, or selling unwanted items to get more stuff they want.

• Like 1

I think if it is a working console, people tend to ask "If it's not broken, why are you selling it?"

Personally, I assume if you are selling a working console or game, it's because you need the cash more than you want the item. I don't think it hurts to have a one-sentence explanation, but personally I would rather see a detailed explanation of its condition.

3 grand seems kind of ridiculous for a fridge, at least for one that's not a custom fit kitchen job. I thought our $1500 one was a bit excessive.

I guess I'm a cheap bastard. The last time I bought a fridge, it was an old one on Craigslist for $200. That was a few years ago and it still works great! :D

• Like 1

If the reason is "Because I am interested in finding out what your address is so I can visit at midnight, stab you repeatedly, and steal everything you own" then yes, I would say I need to know the reason for selling ahead of time.

Also a big part of why I don't really use Craigslist much! :ponder:

Because it makes it more personal and this place is a community of some bizzare extended family of Atari Collectors.

For the last couple of years, that has changed much for the worse.

Ah well..

• Like 1

I've found that when i'm selling something rare or decent, inevitably people will post or pm "Why are you selling this?", so if someone feels compelled to just come right out, good for them.

From a personal standpoint if a "doesitstandinup68+1" is selling game X to raise money for his daughter to go to summer camp, and "doesitlyingdown69" is also selling game X for the same price/same condition, but is selling so he can buy a PS3, I personally would buy from the guy sending his daughter to camp. I completely understand some guys could give a shit, but for some of us it does matter.

• Like 1

I've found that when i'm selling something rare or decent, inevitably people will post or pm "Why are you selling this?", so if someone feels compelled to just come right out, good for them.

From a personal standpoint if a "doesitstandinup68+1" is selling game X to raise money for his daughter to go to summer camp, and "doesitlyingdown69" is also selling game X for the same price/same condition, but is selling so he can buy a PS3, I personally would buy from the guy sending his daughter to camp. I completely understand some guys could give a shit, but for some of us it does matter.

I think it's cool if someone has a decent cause. Makes me feel like I'm contributing. That said, I'm not going to give any more value to an item because of it... because I'm cheap. So I say, if you have a cause... then go for it. I'll still only pay what I wanna pay... and if I can help... great. :)

i'd purposely buy from the guy goin for a PS3, and I hate sony.

i'd purposely buy from the guy goin for a PS3, and I hate sony.

now your just being petty, trolly mc trollerson

• Like 2

I've been on ebay since 1997 and collected everything from comics to sports cards to Hot WHeels and Star Wars, and eventually, I've sold them all off. When ebay was young, it felt more like a community as well, but now it's all about fees and profit, so I went from buying and selling 200-300 items per year to about 5 per year. Now I do all my trading, selling, and buying on forums like AA, DP, RFGen, and a few others because it does have that "community" feel and I don't feel like I'm supporting some scumbag scalper who buys all the clearanced games from Target and throws them on ebay to make a quick profit.

The stories and reasons behind the sales make you feel like you know the person, the way buying from a favorite local mom and pop game store makes you feel better than buying the same game from Best Buy or Game Stop. It's the same game, maybe even the same price, but you feel like you are making a difference in someone's life at the smaller more friendly shop.

• Like 2

it's called human interaction.

maybe you heard of it..

Post of the week month.

Also appropriate for any of the "holier than thou" reactions gotten when someone starts a "pac max sux", or "system x vs system yz" discussion and someone comes with the :roll: and feels the need to post that said topic has been discussed. Or better yet when someone posts a question and the reply is a link to some 2-3 year old discussion and the snarky "the search feature is your friend" bit.

When someone invents a "kick the guy who just posted that on the balls" app for the internet I swear I'll sell my children if I have to so I can afford it.

Nothing against the op. I know he was just asking a question not meaning anything...

• Like 1