IGNORED

Players Choice

TwinChargers

It would be great if Nintendo cut prices on some more Wii U games. I'd like to round out my collection before moving on to the Switch. However, I get the impression that they'd rather just pretend the U never existed.

Same. Was looking at the Wii U section today and everything is still like $60 bucks. Guess we will have to wait...

Wonder how many copies of Super Mario Maker they're selling these days. Can't imagine many sell for $60.

I refuse to pay much for this one given uncertainty over how much I'll enjoy the concept. the age of the game, the state of the system overall, and how many millions of these that Nintendo sold. With patience, I bet I'll get a good deal. I can't imagine this one will be one of the 1st party titles that holds its value or grows.

Especially once online support disappears or Super Mario Maker 2 hits the Switch one of these days, I bet the value of this one will plummet. And I'm not terribly interested in playing a lot of one off levels anyways, so offline will be just fine to mess around with the level editor.

Maybe we'll see this stuff closed out on Black Friday this year, like when Wal-Mart had Twilight Princess HD for $25 last November.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Was that even made available at retail in North America? Unlike over in Europe where it was even a Nintendo Selects release, I only remember it being part of a system bundle here. Both are easily the best of all of the NSMB titles, so I recommend buying them in one form or another (I paid almost $100 in total to buy both individually at their original MSRP, and feel like I got my money's worth).

I know it won't happen, but Super Mario Maker for the Wii U hitting the Nintendo Selects line would be right up my alley. And there's still some flagship 3DS games that I want to buy that I'd love to see get discounted. Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 are long overdue and logical choices to drop down from $30 to $20, while I'd also love to see Majora's Mask 3D be slashed in price from today's $40.

That last one though is likely wishful thinking. A Link Between Worlds is the obvious next Zelda candidate to join the Selects lineup in NA since it's older and out of print, was critically acclaimed, and I hear is climbing up in price. Europe has had it for a while, I believe.

The entire Selects line has been better handled over there.

Edited by Atariboy

Thanks

Shows as in-stock at most Wal-Mart locations up here, which is about the only store I'm ever in that stocks videogames (Except for maybe once a year when I bother with GameStop instead of just buying online off Amazon). I guess I just somehow always miss it when scanning over Wii U games looking for something on clearance.

Since the case artwork is dominated by New Super Mario Bros. U, I probably see it as a game that I already own, and just don't give it a second look (Edit: Although come to think of it, I do think I've seen that + Bonus Videos pink box before; Anyone know what the bonus videos are?).

7416a689-5a1d-4a52-927d-d7b84ea2ca6e_1.7

Asking $60 at this late date for what amounts to a launch game bundled in with a nice DLC add-on is crazy.

Edited by Atariboy

Thanks

Shows as in-stock at most Wal-Mart locations up here, which is about the only store I'm ever in that stocks videogames (Except for maybe once a year when I bother with GameStop instead of just buying online off Amazon). I guess I just somehow always miss it when scanning over Wii U games looking for something on clearance.

Since the case artwork is dominated by New Super Mario Bros. U, I probably see it as a game that I already own, and just don't give it a second look (Edit: Although come to think of it, I do think I've seen that + Bonus Videos pink box before; Anyone know what the bonus videos are?).

7416a689-5a1d-4a52-927d-d7b84ea2ca6e_1.7

Asking $60 at this late date for what amounts to a launch game bundled in with a nice DLC add-on is crazy.

This is the point at which I expect to see Wii U stuff being actively phased out. I'm amazed that Nintendo would let any title be over $40.

• 3 months later...

Nintendo is said to be soliciting permission to quote reviews of A Link Between Worlds. So a North American Nintendo Selects release of that modern classic seems possible in the coming weeks (It's already a Selects rerelease in Europe).

With it now long out of print and relatively expensive ($40 used doesn't seem to be an uncommon asking price), seems like a solid choice. While Wii U additions seem highly unlikely at this point, hopefully several other 3DS classics join the lineup in 2018 like Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7.

I wish it was Majora's Mask 3D though, since I still need that one. :)

Edited by Atariboy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I suspect these have been delayed.

I was unable to find them locally at Wal-Mart (The only place in this small village that sells videogames), Wal-Mart has pulled their page for the Nintendo Select release of Super Mario 3D Land on their website (Was there a few days ago, along with the standard edition which remains listed), I don't see it in-stock at a few other big retailers, and I found a few other posts online inquiring on if these were delayed since they also couldn't find them yesterday.

Online is always an option and I'll probably just do that since stock of the non-Select version remains readily available for $19.99 at several big retailers. Brickseek is showing the older SKU in-stock at some Wal-Mart's in the region (Sold out here in town though), but still at the $29.99 price, so it appears Wal-Mart hasn't even dropped the price on the original SKU in-store yet to match the MSRP of the rerelease.

Edited by Atariboy

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't seen them yet, but they're finally getting out there. Another AtariAge member posted this picture in the SNES Classic thread.

http://atariage.com/forums/uploads/monthly_02_2018/post-31-0-57039100-1519339103.jpeg

All three of the latest 3DS Nintendo Selects rereleases are in stock at that Best Buy.

Edited by Atariboy

• 10 months later...

While it's not Wii/Wii U, we're getting another round of Nintendo Selects releases in North America. Majora's Mask 3D, Super Mario Maker 3DS, and Star Fox 64 3D are all joining the list in a few weeks.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/01/mario_zelda_and_star_fox_games_are_joining_the_nintendo_selects_range_in_north_america

Happy to see Majora's Mask 3D finally. After this, I think I'm only missing Metroid: Samus Returns and Mario Kart 7 for major 1st party 3DS releases that I'd like to pick up.

Edited by Atariboy